Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 537 2016 Championship Game
ok with me, but only as this is an experiment. I travel a lot, so sometimes a two day deadline is tough for me.

not okay with it. A turn processed Friday is now due on Sunday. Not sure about the rest of you but on long weekends that could be impossible to actually accomplish. I understand what we are trying to accomplish and I am generally one of the first people to have my turns ready but if I need the full 3.5 days to properly analyze and plan them then I want to be able to take that time.

Atuan

(01-17-2017, 12:32 AM)Atuan Wrote: not okay with it.  A turn processed Friday is now due on Sunday.  Not sure about the rest of you but on long weekends that could be impossible to actually accomplish.  I understand what we are trying to accomplish and I am generally one of the first people to have my turns ready but if I need the full 3.5 days to properly analyze and plan them then I want to be able to take that time.

Atuan

I have to agree with Atuan. While I'm usually able to get my turns in early, there could be some instances when I will need closer to the full time.

not sure how 2 days instead of 3.5 helps you test the ready button....
i vote no. i will usually do my turn within a day or two, but too tight for an every turn deadline.

I also question how a 2 day turn around helps and 2 days, along with my other games, is too fast. I normally do my turns the same day but when I cant it is for good reason, like today.

Ok it won't be done. Needed this game to have a quicker turnaround as a ready game. It's supposed to be my medium level test (see other post about having a fast, medium, and slow game for testing the server). That's why I was suggesting a two day turnaround but so far ever since this game has been converted, it's hitting the max duration with not everyone pressing the ready button. So it's a problem if the purpose of converting this game was to test a medium speed game (either by everyone clicking on the ready button in a timely fashion or hitting the full duration limit). So that's why I was suggesting a faster turnaround because this group of players are not hitting the ready button as expected. As a result, I may end up converting another game over for my medium speed test and restore this game back to its original and fixed timeline.

you could always just create a free dummy game for testing (doesn't count for anything) with 10-12 players. have players enter orders as fast as they can without really spending any time on strategy/tactics. just assign kingdoms randomly to the volunteer players and give them a free Duel game for their time commitment to crank orders out in less than 48 hours each turn.

I gotta say, for all of the promise of the ready button it hasn't really worked at all. So far I'm not liking it because the promise is that turns will run faster but I don't think they have a single time. Apparently there is always at least one who waits until the absolute last minute to input their orders. I guess I'd like to see a ready enabled game that actually fulfills that promise- otherwise you are always wondering when it's going to run and instead are just continually disappointed.

That's nothing against Mike or Rick of course because the ability is great and it seems to work. Would love to be in an anonymous ready enabled game with maximum turnaround of maybe 36 hours?

Well I've been checking the server every so often for this game and just about everyone is filling out their orders ahead of the due date which means that they are just forgetting to press the Ready button.

(01-29-2017, 06:10 PM)Acererak Wrote: I gotta say, for all of the promise of the ready button it hasn't really worked at all. So far I'm not liking it because the promise is that turns will run faster but I don't think they have a single time. Apparently there is always at least one who waits until the absolute last minute to input their orders. I guess I'd like to see a ready enabled game that actually fulfills that promise- otherwise you are always wondering when it's going to run and instead are just continually disappointed.

That's nothing against Mike or Rick of course because the ability is great and it seems to work. Would love to be in an anonymous ready enabled game with maximum turnaround of maybe 36 hours?

When I first started playing again I pushed hard for a rapid game but really didn't see that much interest. Realistically, I think we are only going to have a fast game with a few players. I almost posted for a game in signup today for a super fast primeval game where we could get the whole game completed in a week or less. Maybe in a single weekend. But I'm going away for vacation next Friday and don't want to be sitting in front of my computer when I should be snorkeling Smile

But when I get back mid-February I'd be totally interested in trying something like that.