Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#524 Victory Condition
I took over the CI position. Since I have been participating the turn results have all indicated victory by REX. I vote for REX

(10-28-2016, 01:05 AM)Atuan Wrote: That being said when I signed up for the game, nowhere in sign up did it state it would be for Rex Only.  I would state if those things are planned they need to be stated before setup.

Yep, I hear you. That's why I want to have a game creation website that players login and sign up for games. All of which will be automatic and no longer require Ry Vor or myself to create a game. Mistakes happen at times when it's a manual process. Just the other day, I had to recreate a game (531) because it was defined as Confederation but was given the wrong victory condition. All of those input errors go away with a game creation website so the ultimate solution is on the horizon, we just need to wait a bit longer for it...

(10-28-2016, 01:05 AM)Atuan Wrote: That being said when I signed up for the game, nowhere in sign up did it state it would be for Rex Only.  I would state if those things are planned they need to be stated before setup.

It also did not say Usurper was included.  The standard victory condition is REX.  I dont think I have ever seen a game with a Usurper victory condition.  Unless the signup includes a special victory condition it should be assumed the standard.

There have been 2 games won by Usurper. And on the turn zero results it also said you could win the game by Usurper..

UM thank you and you are correct. It would help.

(10-28-2016, 02:18 PM)Atuan Wrote: There have been 2 games won by Usurper.  And on the turn zero results it also said you could win the game by Usurper..

UM thank you and you are correct.  It would help.
But it did not indicate Usurper would be available in the signup.  Which counters the point you were trying to make.

(10-28-2016, 01:51 PM)gkmetty Wrote:

It also did not say Usurper was included.  The standard victory condition is REX.  I dont think I have ever seen a game with a Usurper victory condition.  Unless the signup includes a special victory condition it should be assumed the standard.

Standard victory i.e. Normal is both REX and Usurper both being available for a single player format unless specified differently.   It was not at sign-up.   It was a mistake that now is changing the victory conviction of a game once again.  I am glad it was brought up before someone declared another way.  But still once again playing a game that was not actually set the way I signup up for weather it effects me in this case or not.

(10-28-2016, 02:35 PM)gkmetty Wrote:
(10-28-2016, 02:18 PM)Atuan Wrote: There have been 2 games won by Usurper.  And on the turn zero results it also said you could win the game by Usurper..

But it did not indicate Usurper would be available in the signup.  Which counters the point you were trying to make.

When you want something outside of the standard, you have those details spoken about at the start. IE we discussed not having mage kingdoms in the game. What we didn't discuss was making it rex only. We didn't discuss making the game control 8 regions either. I guess the game should be that by your rational.

The game has been labeled Rex only for 25 turns. Most players voting thus far have preferred that. Not sure why JF and Atuan are claiming a sudden change. There was ambiguity. Adding Usurper here is also a change. And Usurper is a new standard. I have never seen a game end that way.

(10-28-2016, 02:44 PM)Atuan Wrote:

When you want something outside of the standard,  you have those details spoken about at the start.  IE we discussed not having mage kingdoms in the game.  What we didn't discuss was making it rex only.  We didn't discuss making the game control 8 regions either.  I guess the game should be that by your rational.
I'm sorry, you seem to be upset.  I understand your passion for the game and a change to your expectations for a game you have been eliminated from.

You are asking for something that was not indicated in the signup and on all of the game turns it clearly states victory conditions are by REX.  The subtext does have an error in it by including the Usurper condition as well.   Both you and JF are very experienced players.  I made the assumption that you both understood what REX meant.  I have that fault, assuming that everyone has the same understanding of what is very clear to the majority.

I understand your confusion and I dont wish to cause you any more distress.  I apologize.

(10-28-2016, 03:14 PM)gkmetty Wrote:
(10-28-2016, 02:44 PM)Atuan Wrote:

When you want something outside of the standard,  you have those details spoken about at the start.  IE we discussed not having mage kingdoms in the game.  What we didn't discuss was making it rex only.  We didn't discuss making the game control 8 regions either.  I guess the game should be that by your rational.
I'm sorry, you seem to be upset.  I understand your passion for the game and a change to your expectations for a game you have been eliminated from.

You are asking for something that was not indicated in the signup and on all of the game turns it clearly states victory conditions are by REX.  The subtext does have an error in it by including the Usurper condition as well.   Both you and JF are very experienced players.  I made the assumption that you both understood what REX meant.  I have that fault, assuming that everyone has the same understanding of what is very clear to the majority.

I understand your confusion and I dont wish to cause you any more distress.  I apologize.

I'm fine, I am not the one turning this petty, but to each his own. Enjoy.