Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#521 Victory Condition
Game 521 victory condition was originally defined as Rex Only (which means no Usurper victory possible). If we have consensus and Ry Vor approves, I can redefine this game to have Normal victory conditions (Rex, Usurper, Lion's Share). Post your comments here (not sign up queue since that doesn't show which game it pertains to).

For this and the other games with games that said Rex Only, then added Usurper, please post on your thread and say whether you are OK with making Usurper official, or not.  We don't need everyone, just the majority opinion who post.  If you don't post, we assume you are OK with either resolution.

Like kissing my sister.
-This Khal Drogo, it's said he has a hundred thousand men in his horde

(11-11-2016, 05:08 PM)Drogo Wrote: Like kissing my sister.

First time ever, we have a tie for 1st place with two kingdoms declaring a Rex victory at the same time! Check out Valhalla for game 521 closing stats and see two 1st place winners and a 3rd place (no 2nd).

Maybe default to higher status points in the future?
-This Khal Drogo, it's said he has a hundred thousand men in his horde

(11-11-2016, 11:24 PM)VballMichael Wrote:
(11-11-2016, 11:17 PM)Drogo Wrote: Maybe default to higher status points in the future?

Two players fulfilled the victory condition and won the game. Status points are for Lion's Share or to determine ranking of someone who did not win.
We are not technically playing against each other, but against a defined victory condition.

Rex gets the Win over Usurper so I would think determining the better REX by status points as a tie breaker makes sense.   Though I would not expect two players to claim Rex often, like what happened in this game.

(11-11-2016, 11:55 PM)Jumpingfist Wrote:
(11-11-2016, 11:17 PM)Drogo Wrote: Maybe default to higher status points in the future?

Two players fulfilled the victory condition and won the game. Status points are for Lion's Share or to determine ranking of someone who did not win.
We are not technically playing against each other, but against a defined victory condition.

Rex gets the Win over Usurper so I would think determining the better REX by status points as a tie breaker makes sense.   Though I would not expect two players to claim Rex often, like what happened in this game.

Have to agree. I'd rather have status points used as a tie-breaker when 2+ players tie on a victory condition.

It is not a tie. Two players independently won. I clarified this before we got there.

(11-12-2016, 02:07 AM)VballMichael Wrote: It is not a tie. Two players independently won. I clarified this before we got there.

That is fine in this case but does not have to be that way next time if it were to happen gain.

(11-12-2016, 02:03 AM)IMPERIAL_TARK Wrote:
(11-11-2016, 11:55 PM)Jumpingfist Wrote:

Have to agree. I'd rather have status points used as a tie-breaker when 2+ players tie on a victory condition.
Yep status points tie breaker