Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 3rd Cycle Championship Rostering
(03-30-2017, 08:49 PM)Thunderb0lt Wrote: Apparently those update changes to slow down the wizards WASNT ENOUGH ! LOL

They will always be the most powerful and most versatile. The others are there to have a variety.  give yourself a challenge  and play a non Wizard kingdom.

But note that only 1 wizard kingdom placed in the top 4. UM's impressive display of IL troops and wizards never got to play. The DU and NE fought each other and then the WA fought the NE. SO left early with RD invasion. Wizards are strong, but susceptible to early attacks and to attacks from each other later in the game.

(03-29-2017, 04:24 PM)Netstrider Wrote:
(03-29-2017, 03:23 PM)Acererak Wrote:
(03-29-2017, 02:43 PM)Netstrider Wrote: Congrats to V-Ball and the podium.

What a disaster of a game Smile

First there was the debacle of an invasion against the NE. I could have sworn I saw some sign the WA was attacking as well, but I guess not. I was fighting (and loosing emmys) to the PI throughout the entire game. I would have been out of the game entirely if it hadn't been for a bungled order on the NE side that allowed me to decimate his main group.

I think my highest level wizard at the end of the game was a P4. My guess is that the WA sat back and built his wizards and then just crushed. That's probably a better strategy than recruiting like crazy and trying to invade the NE on T6. Lol.

Congrats again.

Yea. Surprised you went after my Oakendell holdings so strong in the beginning. I would have been fine with just a couple of villages on top of my hidden capital at EA. That was a big surprise to me- unable to go for Avalon since I was oit of reach- and forced my hand to focus on Mystery and adjoining regions. Both the SO and DU wouldn't give up on owning every single popcenter in their regions- which of course I found unacceptable. The result was they both got picked at the whole game. 

Where was the DU capital? I spent about 15 orders looking for it Mid game then finally gave up, since I was having so much fun popping RD emmys every turn. :-)

Btw- Pirate is basically made to fight the RD- his power is nullified against you. I sat in my various Mystery centers and also raided his land centers over and over and over. Any time he was in intercept range I would either take my division invisible or move my army group out to sea.

I think all kingdoms combined made over 100 escape attempt orders with only one success- the RD king escaped. I had a lvl 4 agent on standing guard duty which made it almost impossible for people to escape.

EA? Dang, should have tried to find that. As I've found in a couple other games, finding hidden capitals is hard. The changes to emmys getting eaten by lions makes it harder. Finding the PI capital is almost ridiculously hard unless someone gets really lucky. I didn't even try to find your capital because it could have been almost anywhere. Yes, I decided early in the game that I didn't want to share my region with the PI. If your capital had been in some other region, I figure that strategy would have worked.
As it was you played a great game, congrats!

Can you tell me where the Druid capital was?