Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Someone Explain Spammers to Me
I mean seriously, what it the point?  They think people want to buy Nike shoes from my site?  It's ridiculous and fruitless and a pain in the (name your area). 

It's the same with phones.  I have no idea why people are so infatuated with I-Phones.  I can't turn mine on without it asking me to do four things (update every service I thought they were responsible for, etc).   And now I am getting all these auto dialers calling not only my home phone, but my cell phone.

It really is sad that you are screwed if you contribute to a charity what happens afterwords and they should be ashamed.  For example, we contribute monthly to Wounded Warriors.  But our reward for that is we get 40 calls a month from everyone else as they sold our phone number as a soft touch.

Just blowing off some steam, I suppose.  Just ironic that even when you try to do something good, you can be punished: no good deed will go unpunished.

I feel the same way. Its extremely annoying! Sometimes, I share one of my unused email accounts with a company (when they ask for my info) just to see if they sell it.
The Frost Lord,
Centurion in the Military War College
Pioneer of Alamaze

I get at least six pieces of actual snail mail every week trying to get me to refinance my VA home loan, sometimes three in one day. They paid actual postage for each one of those. They even disguise the mail to make it look like bills, checks, or personal letters to get me to open them.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

Looks like you ticked em' off, Ry Vor Smile

Yes seems they are reading the posts as well. Wasted a good 30 seconds clicking those messages away

That was quite a spamming today.  I guess the silver lining is we must be getting enough traffic to draw their attention.  I don't think bots can post due to the capcha thing, so the spammers actually have to register to post their nonsense.

One of the strangest aspects is when the spam isn't even selling anything - its just nonsensical blabber, seemingly random sentences.

It's a bot getting thru the capcha. It reads some text on the thread to trick users thinking it's a real person. The best way to prevent all of this is to have Ry Vor being the only one with the privilege to create new accounts...

I am a retired postal worker. The snail mailers, if they have a return envelope included. Go ahead and send it back empty. They pay the postage and eventually stop sending the crap.

We have been getting a ton of spam each day for the last few weeks.  Again, I don't know the model the spammers use to choose post on sites, but I'm curious the forum stats say each spam is getting an average of 15-20 views. 

I'm hoping our players and guests are not actually clicking on the spam messages which might encourage more spam.

I click mark all forums read not sure if it assigns a view or not.