Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Classic Game 519
(09-09-2016, 12:41 PM)Lord Diamond Wrote: The wizard kingdoms swept another game.

So will when we leave out the NE, IL, WA will the EL, RA,DA, DE become dominant?

I read through this thread and a couple others and it seems a consensus is forming that the wizard kingdoms in The Choosing are potentially over powered.

I am going to start a new thread in General Discussion about it.

I played to the DA. I think I spent to much on agents having 5 17-18s at games end. These allowed me to slow folks down but didn't stop the DU or WA. All those 7 and 8 level liches made the agent game pointless at the end. I learned allot about recruiting troops. I thought I had plenty but saw all of my troops wiped out by magic kingdom armies who always had more troops. Fighting both the DU and the WA the last part of the game didn't work out to well but I had fun and learned more about mages.

I moved on the DU in Runnimede at about the same time the WA move on me in Synisvania. I think my biggest mistake was a turn or two before the WA moved on me I saw 2 WA 14 agents in JX and ignored them and focused on my invasion of Runnimede. It was to late to stop that when I realized what was happening in Synisvania. Congrats to the winners. I'd like to go back and turn around what I had planned and wish I had dropped those 2 agents and had moved my stuff north instead of west.

Harry O

OH ya, had 2 7 mages (lost one to the druid last turn) one 6 one 5 and 2 4 mages at the end. I had 3 dukes and some barons but with a long list of captured Gov's and Barons. Still had my king with 20 influence and 22 orders at the end so politically I was ok.

At one point I had 30 or more brigades but at the end I had 7.

I also had Drowning 12 15.5 Splendid Triremes I wish the sea power game meant more but if making liches is better then that's how it is.

Harry O