Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd Forum Only Diplomacy
NE > NO
I guess choosing to fight so far from home with so much has it's risks. You may see a NE Army group come visit shortly too. But, who really knows. You picked allies, then napped with their only attack options. Not very forward thinking. And by the way you knew the naps were ending, so good luck on the receiving end. Now you are screaming collusion, yet you have been playing your game, and ignoring your neighbors. You have fought a great campaign in the Mists, and now the SA will be picking both of our bones. You want aid, then leave the mists.

(11-14-2016, 05:31 PM)Devildog Wrote: GN

The Gnomes have always had a philosophy that other kingdoms do not need to earn our respect. It is freely given. Our disrespect has to be earned.

The Nomads inadvertently captured our baron. It should have been a simple thing to return him as agreed. It would have maintained the respect that the gnomes have for our neighbors. Instead they have reneged on their agreement and have done so in an insulting way. It may be that our small stature causes people to underestimate us. The gnomes have long memories. We don't forget a favor and we especially don't forget a sleight. Our decision to invade this turn was based on the disrespect shown us by the nomads and is independent of the Sacred Order's invasion. If the Nomad feels he has too many enemies then he needs to examine his own actions toward his neighbors.

SA-GN very well said my friend, did you go after that NO village on your northern border in Torvale? What did you move against in the Sands if you can say? I must not have been paying attention during our secret meeting. 

Rellgar

SA-RA Ranger friend, How is the war? Can I assist the in anything? Since you seem to have much to gain the way the Nomad speaks.
May I have that asset back in Torvale, if so please have it ready?

Rellgar

(DU) - PI There happens to be a village and a Town in the Steppes with your name on them. Do you need the Lord of the Forest to assume control first or are you good with procuring them yourself? Do you need their locations? We believe there is another PC in the Steppes in the water and assume you already control such a PC. Let us know if you wish to have DE Princes for Prisoners and we can give you locations to pick some up.

Atuan

(11-14-2016, 11:22 PM)Ohman the heartless Wrote: NE > NO
I guess choosing to fight so far from home with so much has it's risks.  You may see a NE Army group come visit shortly too.  But, who really knows.  You picked allies, then napped with their only attack options.  Not very forward thinking.  And by the way you knew the naps were ending, so good luck on the receiving end.  Now you are screaming collusion, yet you have been playing your game, and ignoring your neighbors.  You have fought a great campaign in the Mists, and now the SA will be picking both of our bones.  You want aid, then leave the mists.

SA-NE I'll leave your emissary alone. Do you have any info for me? Did you take back your other towns or villages? I'll not pick your bones, I would only ask for a town and a village when this is over.

Rellgar

(11-14-2016, 11:17 PM)Acererak Wrote:
(11-14-2016, 07:00 PM)Rogal Wrote: (PI) Did the SA magic resistance come into effect on the Wall of Fire?

(NO) 25% less damage- but it should have registered, and also shown up on my report.

Damage from a Wall of Fire doesn't come into play until the Magic Phase of the battle. The 1NO vs 4SA battle ended after the Archer Phase due to the amount of damage that the 4SA inflicted upon the 1NO (while considering the NO's retreat limit). Missile damage is still possible with a wall of fire up if either side issues a TAC 3. I could clarify this further in the Wall of Fire spell description whose text refers to damage being inflicted when crossing the wall (for cavalry/infantry) and not missile troops which can launch over the wall. The Wall of Fire spell will only prevent combat (and no damage to either side) if neither issued a TAC 3 attack order.

(11-14-2016, 11:38 PM)RELLGAR Wrote: SA-RA Ranger friend, How is the war? Can I assist the in anything? Since you seem to have much to gain the way the Nomad speaks.
May I have that asset back in Torvale, if so please have it ready?

Rellgar

(RA) - SA All is well so far.  I should gain some real estate this turn.

(11-15-2016, 12:12 AM)unclemike Wrote:
(11-14-2016, 11:17 PM)Acererak Wrote:
(11-14-2016, 07:00 PM)Rogal Wrote: (PI) Did the SA magic resistance come into effect on the Wall of Fire?

(NO) 25% less damage- but it should have registered, and also shown up on my report.

Damage from a Wall of Fire doesn't come into play until the Magic Phase of the battle. The 1NO vs 4SA battle ended after the Archer Phase due to the amount of damage that the 4SA inflicted upon the 1NO (while considering the NO's retreat limit). Missile damage is still possible with a wall of fire up if either side issues a TAC 3. I could clarify this further in the Wall of Fire spell description whose text refers to damage being inflicted when crossing the wall (for cavalry/infantry) and not missile troops which can launch over the wall. The Wall of Fire spell will only prevent combat (and no damage to either side) if neither issued a TAC 3 attack order.

(NO)  It doesn't say "after missile fire" it says "prior to the combat". If missile fire isn't combat then I'm really confused. If that's the case it should be impossible for the retreater to take ANY damage during retreat. Basically I picked the perfect combo of tactics against the SA yet somehow he came out with no damage. 

The text says: " Determined attackers will suffer significant damage crossing the wall, prior to the combat."

(11-14-2016, 11:33 PM)RELLGAR Wrote:
(11-14-2016, 05:31 PM)Devildog Wrote: GN

The Gnomes have always had a philosophy that other kingdoms do not need to earn our respect. It is freely given. Our disrespect has to be earned.

The Nomads inadvertently captured our baron. It should have been a simple thing to return him as agreed. It would have maintained the respect that the gnomes have for our neighbors. Instead they have reneged on their agreement and have done so in an insulting way. It may be that our small stature causes people to underestimate us. The gnomes have long memories. We don't forget a favor and we especially don't forget a sleight. Our decision to invade this turn was based on the disrespect shown us by the nomads and is independent of the Sacred Order's invasion. If the Nomad feels he has too many enemies then he needs to examine his own actions toward his neighbors.

SA-GN very well said my friend, did you go after that NO village on your northern border in Torvale? What did you move against in the Sands if you can say? I must not have been paying attention during our secret meeting. 

Rellgar
(NO) What I said was more along the lines of : "sign a longer NAP and I'll be glad to release him". You're actually telling me you wouldn't have jumped in if I released your Baron? Please. 

I'm examining my actions against my neighbors and here's what I came up with:

Neighbor to West: NAP through turn 20, forgave his early screw up on town trade and asked for nothing in return, stood down from SA on his request.
Neighbor to North: 20 turn NAP, haven't had a single disagreement
Neighbor in 1 (via dimension portal): Game long NAP and stood down.

What other actions against neighbors should I be examining? Makes no sense at all.

Like I said- enjoy the 4vs1, there's no honor in it and you guys will clearly win. But it isn't anything to be proud of.

(11-14-2016, 11:22 PM)Ohman the heartless Wrote: NE > NO
I guess choosing to fight so far from home with so much has it's risks.  You may see a NE Army group come visit shortly too.  But, who really knows.  You picked allies, then napped with their only attack options.  Not very forward thinking.  And by the way you knew the naps were ending, so good luck on the receiving end.  Now you are screaming collusion, yet you have been playing your game, and ignoring your neighbors.  You have fought a great campaign in the Mists, and now the SA will be picking both of our bones.  You want aid, then leave the mists.

(NO) Sure, I'll leave the Mists. But first I'm going to take your capital and put the entire court to the sword.