Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd Forum Only Diplomacy
(DU) - SA I have found one of the locations. I assume it was your starting town. If you could relay those details to the Sea King as it seems you have a way to provide the towns location without others knowing. I will find the other location soon enough so no worries.

Atuan - Lowly Centaurian Scribe

(PI) Sounds good to me, I hope to trade with as many kingdoms as possible.  The Pirate kingdom as of now have no intention to take large land stakes in any of the ten regions.  We Pirates are looking forward to making a profit from as many kingdoms as possible.  Winter is coming, so get your food requests in early.

(09-08-2016, 09:27 PM)Atuan Wrote: (DU) - SA I have found one of the locations.  I assume it was your starting town.  If you could relay those details to the Sea King as it seems you have a way to provide the towns location without others knowing.  I will find the other location soon enough so no worries.

Atuan - Lowly Centaurian Scribe

Yes I started with it. I will be happy to bypass 2 or 3 others like them on my scouting and give there location to you.

RELLGAR

(DU) - No need good sir, as I have found everything along the path you should have covered

(09-03-2016, 05:35 AM)DuPont Wrote: TY-SA The boy king was playing with his toy soldiers when his advisers brought in the messages. They figured the time to show him was when he was in a good mood. "Good news, your majesty," one said. The holy men have agreed to let you have your favorite city."
"Oh, boy!" he said. "Can we build a big castle there? Can we fly lots of flags and stuff from the towers? I want a new flag, I don't like our flag very much. I want one that has blue and purple in it!"
"Your majesty, we can fly whatever flag you please. But the holy men want to make sure that you agree that you won't attack them for at least 18 months."
"Oh, I don't think I'll ever attack them, but for sure I won't for that long! What about the short ones?"
"Um, your majesty, they were not so responsive. They said that we were asking for part of their kingdom."
"THEIR kingdom? Do they own all those towns and villages in that area? You told me that most of them were controlled by humans!"
"They are, your highness."
"Well, then it's not THEIR kingdom, is it? And if I land on them first, they are going to be part of MY kingdom. And if they try to take them from me, hey, these toys soldiers are supposed to be what they have, right?"
"Yes, your highness."
The little king giggled. "I got more soldiers than they do!"

(GN)
As usual, the Gnome King Rusty was puzzled by the Tyrant response.
"Messages from children are not entirely clear but this message seems to imply that the tyrant intends to take whatever neutral population centers that he can find in our fair land," was the opinion of the senior advisor Duke Firefoot.
However within a month's time General Vaga reports that the Tyrants attacked Gnome peacekeepers and a village openly flying the Gnome banner.

The Gnome king wonders if this can be assumed by all kingdoms to be the quality of the Tyrant's assurances. How will this play out in the mind of the Sacred Order king? Who relinquished one of his great cities in the hope that the Tyrant would leave him alone until the boy king finished off his first victim. At which point the Tyrant would of course have a substantial foothold in Amberland. And what of the sorcerer king? The Sorcerer expressed at least a token support for gnomish rights to their ancestral homeland. What will be his actions in the days to come? Does he worry that a strong Tyrant presence in Runnemede will be a threat to Torvale? How will other kingdoms react to this warlike aggressor? Will they remain cowed?

And most of all, how will the Rangers of Arcania react? Surely they must realize that the Tyrant intended Arcania to be his first victim. The wise Ranger king no doubt saw that the Tyrants tried to make deals in Runnemede and Amberland to get large portions of land but conspicuously left the Rangers out of negotiations? You would think that he would have demanded one of the 2 cities present in Arcania. Unless of course he intended to take both?

If the Tyrant is left unchecked in Runnemede he will surely head to one of those 3 areas next.

(DU) - Some deals a best taken when offered, or at least negotiated. But its neat to see this contest become more entertaining.

NE > GN The Eater of the dead may be far to the North, but the wailings of this Boy of the Tyrants leaves a sour taste at our table. We will share info and trade with you, and deal with this boys' toys whereever they may be found. We enjoy peace and trust with our neighbor kings, so will gladly see the BOY spanked.

TY-GN/SO/RA/SA "He's in a good mood today," the royal butler said to the chancellor.
"How come?"
"He heard about battles to the south and he's busy smashing and destroying toy Gnome soldiers to simulate the battle."
"Oh, good. Is he making any more crazy demands?"
"Just more battles with Gnomes. He doesn't seem to care about anything else right now."
"I guess I better get busy writing."
Later that afternoon, the chancellor took out his quills and parchment and began to send messages to the various kingdoms.

'My Dear Gnome,' he wrote sarcastically, 'I hardly know what to make of your complaint. I did not even forward it to the young king as his reaction would be so hysterical he would probably throw things about the throne room. We made you a fair offer and you threw it in our teeth and mocked us. Then you bleat that we are unfair for not sticking to the deal that you rejected and laughed at. Other than his Bratanic Majesty, nobody here wished to get in an early fight with you, but that was the path you chose. We hope that those you offered to feed in the winter have located other sources of provender.'

'To the Noble Ranger. It has been suggested that we are considering you a target. This is not the case and we are happy to offer you a NAP for the next 12 turns or longer if you wish.'

'To the wise and powerful Sorcerer. You made an offer to help the Gnomes who, in their folly, chose to be our enemies. We do not wish to be your enemy and would be happy to made a deal with you. We passed a couple of pop centers on our way out of your region and would be happy to pass these along if our gesture would bring some neutrality or peace.

'To the Sacred Order. Our deal stands. You have let us have the city our young king asked for. We consider you among our friends and you have nothing to fear from us.'

RA - GN  At last we hear from our mountain neighbors.  I find it strange that you waited this long to speak.  Perhaps it is you who had other plans for Arcania?  I will renew my offer of peace and hope you greet it with favor this time.  I offer you a NAP till turn 12.  Of course, we both have to survive that long.

No -  I have located your town and will send a member of the court there this turn.  If you have not located my town by next turn I can send you a code for it.  Our NAP is only for 5 turns. Can I interest you in extending that?  I have no wish to do harm to the honorable Nomads.

Ty - I accept your offer of a 12 turn NAP and will leave your village alone.

SO - Who knew Arcania would be such a popular winter vacation spot?  Your brigade lingers at my village even as winter ends.  Surely they long for the comforts of home in Torvale.

RA - LI

Uncle Mike, you have located my village.  It should not be a surprise as I told you about it at the start.  We have no claims on the lands of the Lizards and will relinquish the village when you are ready to take over.  We request that you grant an NAP until turn 12 as a sign of your peaceful intentions towards  the Rangers of Arcania.

RA - SA  Lord Rellgar, all is quiet along our boarder.  Is the Sacred Order interested in a NAP?