Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Team Game 508
I am confused one what you are asking for LD? I assume you want to know your teammates just like 508.

I would agree that the RD is stronger than it was in 507/508.... however I don't believe the heavy military kingdoms are the favorites in any conflict. Those kingdoms just don't have an answer for Dome.

(07-19-2016, 10:43 PM)Atuan Wrote: I am confused one what you are asking for LD?  I assume you want to know your teammates just like 508.

I would agree that the RD is stronger than it was in 507/508.... however I don't believe the heavy military kingdoms are the favorites in any conflict.  Those kingdoms just don't have an answer for Dome.

I thought the one I saw in the queue was full diplomacy. I will still hold off, as one of my teammates wants to wait a while. 

The Demon Princes and Necromancers served our team as military kingdoms this game. The Neromancer never even had a P7 and never really needed it. My Pirates had one tough division that took out at least two capitals; I am grateful for that brigade of Hill Giants!

Our team didn't look good on paper, but it worked out. For the first part of the game it was really our DE-NE-PI versus the DU-WA. The RD joined the DA-IL-AN against the SA-GN-SO for the most part, or at least that is the way it looked to us. Once I found the WA and DU hidden capitals, it was pretty much over for them. It looked like the RD got stuck in R5 and he never really did anything to us. 

My favorite parts were assassinating the DA L17 and the AN Consul. The worst part was losing the Demon Prince to murderous thugs. 

The Pirate Pyramid Scheme (Trick of the Trade) was broken and pumped untold amounts of gold into the economy. Once we realized how helpful it was, we pretty much had unlimited resources.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

(07-20-2016, 12:11 AM)Lord Diamond Wrote: The Pirate Pyramid Scheme (Trick of the Trade) was broken and pumped untold amounts of gold into the economy. Once we realized how helpful it was, we pretty much had unlimited resources.

Congratulations on the win against some very strong competition!

I strongly suggested back in Alpha playtest #1 that Trick of the Trade be capped at some maximum bonus amount per trade. Sounds like you agree?

(07-19-2016, 10:43 PM)Atuan Wrote: I am confused one what you are asking for LD?  I assume you want to know your teammates just like 508.

I would agree that the RD is stronger than it was in 507/508.... however I don't believe the heavy military kingdoms are the favorites in any conflict.  Those kingdoms just don't have an answer for Dome.

In certain circumstances, any kingdom can be neutralized.  In 507 there was still transfer costs, the Red Dragon had 4 groups instead of 5, had two less starting brigades than currently, had three active enemies by turn 4 in both Runnimede (Gnome) and The Talking Mountains (Necromancer and Demon Prince alliance), and the Gnome just trying to recruit early as a thesis that approach could beat the Red Dragons, and perhaps it can, if you are a Gnome that wants to try that way.  Seeing the change with transfer orders having no cost is really big, probably most for the Red Dragon and Tyrant, but as the Dwarf it has been obvious, even with 4 groups instead of 5. 

In 507 I guess it was a successful strategy that the Demon Prince and Necromancer would cast Domes on village as a deliberate affront to the Red Dragon, meaning he couldn't even trim the food requirement as there was no battle. Normally I don't think a Power 6 or Power 7 would cast Dome on a village.  But it worked for them. And credit to their diplomacy, for no kingdom was willing to trade food to the Red Dragon.  The Red Dragon should have been a better diplomat. 

So I do think one military kingdom against  one magic kingdom is a fair match. But then again, of course I do.  Anyway, I look forward to more shots with the Dwarves and Amazons and Red Dragons.  I actually really like the Dwarves. You have a lot to do to set the table, Dwarven ability to raise Hammerhold to around 100k defense and guarded by an L10 or so, make it the capital, get veteran War Machines and start barraging and even the Red Dragon will stop showing up.

I'd just say, in one game The Gray Mouser has the Amazons and The Last Herd and doesn't fly.  They are so fast on the ground.  Flanking a group more than double the size and about destroying them in the plains.  I'm just pleased how the new kingdoms and the new traits and other changes are working out.

turn 4? turn 10 the DE and NE started in on TM... while we were going to take ever PC in the region we were not against you per se. And had you communicated we would have happily let you move on wards. The domes were not to prevent you from gaining food, it was to eliminate the number of PCs you owned. The travel to torvale and arcania for those PCs was a pain. I believe had you used 180 for the PCs instead of 150 you would have done better. I cannot dome to prevent that when the owner of the PC is not the owner of the region. You also didnt move between the region 2,3, and 6 to lessen my chances of having wizards in the region to dome.

It was a fun fight but I still see the military kingdoms having a rough time if they dont end the game extremely early.

I agree with Atuan on this one. In the 3rd cycle games I've been in so far the military kingdoms have been first out of the game. It doesn't help that two of them are distributed as those are still tough to manage in solo games. Destroying armies just doesn't seem to be a factor in most of the games I'm playing. So what if you have 100k armies running around? A couple of domes when needed and that massive force is totally neutralized. As the Necro in this game I only fought a few battles against other forces. I think I got my ass kicked in all of them, but it didn't really matter.

I was able to keep R4 for the win using Domes. The RD had no such option when he tried to defend R5.

Dome should be bumped up one or two levels for just about every kingdom. There is a huge clumping of powerful mage spells at P5 and P6 and almost nothing interesting past that. It is VERY easy to get P5s and P6s, and a mage kingdom can do quite well with only that level mage. I would imagine that most of the P7s that have been made are just so you can Lich.

Couldnt you #180 a PC with a military kingdom if you are anticipating a dome?

Are Ry Vor and Atuan talking about another game? This thread is about Game 508. The Team Game.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

yes he mentioned 507 and how military worked there.. That game still has a ways to go.

180 gives you both options Tomag. He was on PCs that were not controlled by the region controller so he can 170/171 to gain control...

And you didnt lose all group to group battles Netstrider, but you did lose more than I expected. The Druids just seem to build up massive armies in short order.

Who destroyed Avalon in this game?

The Illusionist destroyed one or two pcs and almost destroyed a town in R9 that had a Demon Prince in it. Fortunately, my Pirate P5 was in the region with a ward PC.
 Lord Diamond