Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#306 - Magic 5v5 Pagan Team 7 regions
We would need to discuss if we were comfortable with some sort of ceasefire to develop and continue the fight. I would like the newer players on your team to have a more robust experience.

If you don't mind me asking. What's gone wrong? I mean I understand why amberland isn't going well for your team. I am surprised it took the wi as long as it did to pick up region2 with the fact he had no blockage on the city. But I'm guessing it has to do with their ability to scout. But I cannot see a reason the movement king hasn't scouted every inch of his region and have control. We more or less haven't touched them or the de/an. Yet I get the impression you don't think you will have 4 regions on t6

See Atuan, posts like this show us you an Alamaze newbie savant. Smile

(03-12-2016, 04:25 PM)Atuan Wrote: We would need to discuss if we were comfortable with some sort of ceasefire to develop and continue the fight.  I would like the newer players on your team to have a more robust experience.  

If you don't mind me asking.  What's gone wrong?  I mean I understand why amberland isn't going well for your team.  I am surprised it took the wi as long as it did to pick up region2 with the fact he had no blockage on the city.  But I'm guessing it has to do with their ability to scout.  But I cannot see a reason the movement king hasn't scouted every inch of his region and have control.  We more or less haven't touched them or the de/an. Yet I get the impression you don't think you will have 4 regions on t6

Lack of coaching by the veterans and not recognizing our BL teammate did not have a copy of the region borders.  He was using an older version of the parser that did not reveal regional borders.   We probably won't capture R10 this turn either because there is nothing in motion to take a  PC this turn. 

WI had bad luck finding towns on the first couple of turns.   Looking back I also see the WI has not been force marching patrols which could have searched a couple of extra squares for him.  Force marching with all groups probably should have been used on turn 1 as well.

Our team hasn't swapped pop centers between players like we probably should have.  That was another missed opportunity to capture region 10.

Regarding my cease fire suggestion- don't feel pressured to take any particular action.  

But it may actually be more entertaining for your team to play against  opponents who have a better chance of winning.   Take for example you are playing chess with a friend who is learning the game and you have an opportunity for an early checkmate.  You might point out to your friend their error in order to play a longer game or you might end the game quickly and start a new game.   Both are fine but if you wanted to play the longer version of 306 our side would benefit from a chance to catch up a bit.  

The regional boarders were removed on the last update to the parcer. You need to right click a PC and select display regional boarders. At least you can see one region at a time. Though I much prefer the map just having them (so I cheated and put them back on my map)

I am good with any agreement everyone comes up with.

(03-13-2016, 04:35 PM)Jumpingfist Wrote: The regional boarders were removed on the last update to the parcer.  You need to right click a PC and select display regional boarders.  At least you can see one region at a time.  Though I much prefer the map just having them (so I cheated and put them back on my map)  

I am good with any agreement everyone comes up with.

I did not know that.  The version I have been using shows the borders. I would advocate displaying the borders so this sort of thing does not hurt new players.

I remember playing the DE without knowing the map borders.  I had no idea what the dimensions of R8 were.  It made capturing the region almost impossible.

I have no interest in starting over. But I would agree to a game-wide agreement between the two teams for 5? turns where:

1) Groups, Agents, and Wizards do no harm to opposing assets or cast spells on opposing assets.
2) All PCs currently held by a non-Human kingdom stay in that kingdom's possession. Human PCs can still be taken and protected via Emmys by either side.
3) No Sea Patrols
4) Only the other team (VBM team) can take Neutral PCs in their home regions.

This would allow the other team to "catch up" and hopefully in 5 turns both teams each control 5 regions (or 6/4 if they cannot take R5 with remaining PCs but RD shouldn't lose his cities there) and both teams will be ready to come out swinging.

(03-13-2016, 05:17 PM)IMPERIAL_TARK Wrote: I have no interest in starting over.  But I would agree to a game-wide agreement between the two teams for 5? turns where:

1) Groups, Agents, and Wizards do no harm to opposing assets or cast spells on opposing assets.
2) All PCs currently held by a non-Human kingdom stay in that kingdom's possession.  Human PCs can still be taken and protected via Emmys by either side.
3) No Sea Patrols
4) Only the other team (VBM team) can take Neutral PCs in their home regions.

This would allow the other team to "catch up" and hopefully in 5 turns both teams each control 5 regions (or 6/4 if they cannot take R5 with remaining PCs but RD shouldn't lose his cities there) and both teams will be ready to come out swinging.
This is Imperial_Tark's proposal not discussed with the team.   But is the general feel.  We have no problem allowing Team VBM to catch up and using the game more as a learning experience for some of the new players involved.

By cities I think you need clarification. The RD owns one city and ensured the other would be taken this turn by our team.

I believe letting people have the human nuetral cities makes sense to me. I would say Avalon should be ours and I'm inclined to include evanon in that. I concur on pcs. Keep what you took already. But I would say start progressing after turn 12. Should give every time achieve their eso

But I would be open to just about anything.

HC should probably be set at every other turn

It seems like we have an agreement. We will continue the conflict on turn 10.

Best of luck to all participants, this has been an enjoyable match.

(03-13-2016, 10:47 PM)Atuan Wrote: It seems like we have an agreement.  We will continue the conflict on turn 10.  

Best of luck to all participants, this has been an enjoyable match.

Just wanted to post an official Thank You! to the other side.   We appreciate you allowing us to regroup and take another run at this game.   Hopefully it makes it more fun for everyone involved.