Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enigma Unusual Encounter - Always Portals?
I had understood that NN would be barred for PC's based on a prior post from UM. Have we seen one there since the revisions where we moved the Fire of the Void to, in fact, NN?

Maybe we just need to have NN barred for sightings, as well?

Needs some help:

Early in a game I'm in I went into the same Fine twice. The first time was just with a General and he got killed, didn't get the artifact. Went back in 2 turns later with a General and P3 (tac 3 and Guard), lost another General, but got the artifact.

This turn, I went into:

Excellent US with Marshal, General and 2 P3's (Guarded attack with both wizards and Tac 2) and lost a General

On the same turn I went into another US:
Fine US with Marshal, Cap 1 and a P3 and P4 (Guarded attached with both wizards and Tac 2) and lost a Marshal

Both US's were identical in description of the encounter, not big deal there (2 fire drakes).

How in 3 US's did I lose 3 Generals and a Marshal? I used the aid and they said that it in cases where I used wizards it was UNLIKELY.

What in the world am I doing wrong????? I'm almost at the point where US' are a hindrance to having a good product game and I don't want to spend the resources looking for them.

Ever played Yahtzee? Well, you rolled four 1's a few times in a row. It happens. Better luck next time.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

Use the player aid tool and you will get an idea of your odds. Sometimes going in on a tactic 2 or 3 can actually give you a better survival chance because you can will make sure to get the artifact

Probably just bad luck, if I'm remembering correctly, I witnessed 9 of 9 emissaries burn up in the fire on 50% chance rolls for destroy village/town. UM verified the numbers and then the odds began reverting to the mean.

I sometimes go in with wizards and captains only to avoid these risks.