Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magic with Feudal Chivalry +25k gold to non-podium kingdoms
For just the 12 players in this game. Given now that on top of the earlier problems involving the RA-WA swap and the loss of anonymity we now also have had a team captain quit after 1 turn which just further twisted the start. How would the rest of you feel about restarting the game with a redraft of the 4 teams once a 12th player is added to our team. Get it right this time and move past the bad karma. It's only been one turn. Let's assume for the moment that Rick would allow this, Would the rest of you be willing to do this? I know Greyhawk and I would appreciate this consideration.

(09-17-2015, 03:52 AM)IMPERIAL_TARK Wrote: For just the 12 players in this game.  Given now that on top of the earlier problems involving the RA-WA swap and the loss of anonymity we now also have had a team captain quit after 1 turn which just further twisted the start. How would the rest of you feel about restarting the game with a redraft of the 4 teams once a 12th player is added to our team. Get it right this time and move past the bad karma. It's only been one turn. Let's assume for the moment that Rick would allow this, Would the rest of you be willing to do this? I know Greyhawk and I would appreciate this consideration.

For the record, I have agreed to do this and hope JF resumes his space, otherwise we need a captain for the brave new players.

I hope players are not disappointed that we will reboot (and redraft) but this has just festered a bit too much.  I admit to underestimating the reaction for the one kingdom change and that it came out "not" anonymous.  I will say I kind of have created a monster with how much variability we have in game formats and setups and how difficult it is to get every option implemented correctly on game creation. 

OK, so to be clear. I do NOT have to submit my orders by this Friday because we are definitely resetting/redrafting. Right? (sorry for being so dense)

Someone should probably write a draft tool....
bananas (on the forums)
Arch-Mage of Entropy (in games)
             - Wanderer of Alamaze

Player nominated - 
157 - TR : Chancellor 
161 - AN : Chancellor & Iron Willed

(09-17-2015, 04:29 AM)Ry Vor Wrote:
(09-17-2015, 03:52 AM)IMPERIAL_TARK Wrote: For just the 12 players in this game.  Given now that on top of the earlier problems involving the RA-WA swap and the loss of anonymity we now also have had a team captain quit after 1 turn which just further twisted the start. How would the rest of you feel about restarting the game with a redraft of the 4 teams once a 12th player is added to our team. Get it right this time and move past the bad karma. It's only been one turn. Let's assume for the moment that Rick would allow this, Would the rest of you be willing to do this? I know Greyhawk and I would appreciate this consideration.

For the record, I have agreed to do this and hope JF resumes his space, otherwise we need a captain for the brave new players.

I hope players are not disappointed that we will reboot (and redraft) but this has just festered a bit too much.  I admit to underestimating the reaction for the one kingdom change and that it came out "not" anonymous.  I will say I kind of have created a monster with how much variability we have in game formats and setups and how difficult it is to get every option implemented correctly on game creation. 

Yes. The turn might still process but it won't "count". Game 188 is going to redraft and restart.

If there is another veteran that is willing to join now and be our captain it would be much appreciated. Otherwise, we'll take anyone willing even if its brand spanking new player (of course that will be the blind leading the blind but we're game as long we actually have an active third)

Yes, we need a new player to replace JF.  Please post here and send message to signup@alamaze.co. 

Also, we'll be doing a full draft instead of using preset teams.