Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for an Alamaze Map
I'm looking to buy a physical Alamaze map that was printed by Pegasus Productions- Mine are all lost. If anyone has any in like new condition please LMK. Thanks!

(03-10-2013, 09:42 PM)Kalrex Wrote: I'm looking to buy a physical Alamaze map that was printed by Pegasus Productions- Mine are all lost. If anyone has any in like new condition please LMK. Thanks!

Here is a PDF map you can print.

Attached Files
.pdf   Original Alamaze Map.pdf (Size: 877.25 KB / Downloads: 62)

(03-10-2013, 11:14 PM)Ry Vor Wrote:
(03-10-2013, 09:42 PM)Kalrex Wrote: I'm looking to buy a physical Alamaze map that was printed by Pegasus Productions- Mine are all lost. If anyone has any in like new condition please LMK. Thanks!

Kalrex was hoping for a large poster type map. I suggested he take the file to FedEx Office, Staples, or Office Depot and have them print it out as large as he likes. They charge by the square foot, but a 5' map is very possible.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

(03-11-2013, 02:05 AM)Lord Diamond Wrote:
(03-10-2013, 11:14 PM)Ry Vor Wrote:

Kalrex was hoping for a large poster type map. I suggested he take the file to FedEx Office, Staples, or Office Depot and have them print it out as large as he likes. They charge by the square foot, but a 5' map is very possible.

Very good! When our website is up for Alamaze, we hope to have utilities to both mark-up an online map with symbols, and configure a print setting for larger home printing. But its good to know about the store option for printing from a downloadable file.

Seems like an interesting idea but I dunno how large a map to get before It looks bad due to resolution?

Is there a super high res image? if I did a big ass map would it print out nicely? I'd be willing to try it if you guys think it will work. I can post an imageSmile

(03-11-2013, 06:17 AM)Kalrex Wrote: Seems like an interesting idea but I dunno how large a map to get before It looks bad due to resolution?

Is there a super high res image? if I did a big ass map would it print out nicely? I'd be willing to try it if you guys think it will work. I can post an imageSmile

I don't think there was such a thing as super high res when the map was made. The image attached is the only one I know about. Maybe software today can enhance the image - stop color fade, etc? Don't know.

We will have a new map with the next scenario after Classic.

(03-11-2013, 02:22 PM)Ry Vor Wrote:
(03-11-2013, 06:17 AM)Kalrex Wrote: Seems like an interesting idea but I dunno how large a map to get before It looks bad due to resolution?

I don't think there was such a thing as super high res when the map was made. The image attached is the only one I know about. Maybe software today can enhance the image - stop color fade, etc? Don't know.

We will have a new map with the next scenario after Classic.

I think it will print out fine. They may be able to work on it a bit. You can also have the map laminated if you want. I had a meeting at a FedEx Office the other day and was very impressed with their poster sized laminator. They have different sizes, but this one was at least two feet wide.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

(03-11-2013, 02:22 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: We will have a new map with the next scenario after Classic.

I would love to hear more about this. Are you planning on reshuffleing the kingdoms for this (bringing back the halflings, Swampmen, etc?). How difficult is the programming for this? Are we looking at months or years?

Thanks for all your work we appreciate it.

They need Alamaze "Antique" to do the 1st Cycle probablyWink

(03-11-2013, 04:20 PM)Kalrex Wrote: They need Alamaze "Antique" to do the 1st Cycle probablyWink

What ever it takes, I am up for it all.