Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Poll: What is the right turn deadline for Alamaze?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
48 hours
7.14%
1 7.14%
72 hours
42.86%
6 42.86%
96 hours
21.43%
3 21.43%
7 days
28.57%
4 28.57%
10 days
0%
0 0%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vote on Turn Length
We believe, like in Fall of Rome, we will be able to progress games when all players indicate "Ready". But if not, and if payment is by monthly subscription, rather than by turn, what would you like to see as the maximum / expected time between turns?

3 days has always seemed to work..... but seeing as this is a bit more complex than FoR, perhaps 5 days would be better.....

I voted 3 days. Wulfgar could be right though depending on # of positions run per game.

I voted 4 days, but only because of the additional complexity and more difficult communication.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

I voted for seven days because I found that when collaborating with so any others it can take a lot of time to connect.

I nearly voted for the two day option, but then I remembered I have a baby on the way and voted for the three day one.

I don't think communication will be any more difficult than FOR is.
Also, if we're playing 3 kingdoms per or something then communication isn't really essential anyways...

One position games could run every 2-3 days imo. This is a good pace.

Larger turn orders means more complexity and then I think 3-4-5 days. FOR corrects a lot of things but Alamaze will be a bit more difficult getting orders in. Also, if you're playing multiple positions you need to do some planning and again it's a lot easier to switch things around in FOR than Alamaze.

That being said though it's NOT that difficult. Once you understand how to play and get the orders in it's maybe 30 minutes or so to get a turn together and proof check.

Seventy-two hours is easily enough time, even when playing six nations. That said, I work for myself and don't have any children...so I can understand why others need more.

Maybe have the initial 1 position game be 72-96 hour turnaround and then have an "advanced" game sign-up that runs in its allotted time or sooner if the turns are received quickly. I can imagine players like Diamond/wfrankenhoff/myself would get turns in pretty quick for some fast and furious gaming! That will be good for your dedicated players and have the fixed games be slower for new players and players with more time obligations on their hands.

(03-05-2013, 01:42 AM)Kalrex Wrote: Maybe have the initial 1 position game be 72-96 hour turnaround and then have an "advanced" game sign-up that runs in its allotted time or sooner if the turns are received quickly. I can imagine players like Diamond/wfrankenhoff/myself would get turns in pretty quick for some fast and furious gaming! That will be good for your dedicated players and have the fixed games be slower for new players and players with more time obligations on their hands.

I think it's all about giving the players options. Once we have enough of a player base, there should be enough games starting to provide everyone their preference.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.