Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For Reporting Things That Don't Work As Expected Or As Detailed In The Rulebook
This thread was created to implement a suggestion by forum user Zar@shand as suggested here.

Please use this discussion thread to report anything in the game of Alamaze that either doesn't seem to work as expected, or which doesn't seem to work as detailed and explained in the rulebook.

If I transfer a Wizard to a new group then attempt any spell #745+, one that executes after the transfer , I get an error message "THERE IS NO WIZARD OF NAME '"??' AVAILABLE, EITHER DOES NOT EXIST OR SOLE ACTION DONE"

Does anyone know if this is just an error in the online order checker and that it will work or if it won't work?

(01-26-2023, 12:54 PM)Zar@shand Wrote: If I transfer a Wizard to a new group then attempt any spell #745+, one that executes after the transfer , I get an error message "THERE IS NO WIZARD OF NAME '"??' AVAILABLE, EITHER DOES NOT EXIST OR SOLE ACTION DONE"

Does anyone know if this is just an error in the online order checker and that it will work or if it won't work?

Ok, here's how you handle this pesky little problem.

On the Magic page there is a button for Extra Order. Hit that and a pull down menu appears. Choose the wizard you need and then choose the new group he will be in. He then shows up as an additional wizard in the new group and you can enter an order.

(01-26-2023, 01:51 PM)VballMichael Wrote:
(01-26-2023, 12:54 PM)Zar@shand Wrote: If I transfer a Wizard to a new group then attempt any spell #745+, one that executes after the transfer , I get an error message "THERE IS NO WIZARD OF NAME '"??' AVAILABLE, EITHER DOES NOT EXIST OR SOLE ACTION DONE"

Ok, here's how you handle this pesky little problem.

On the Magic page there is a button for Extra Order. Hit that and a pull down menu appears. Choose the wizard you need and then choose the new group he will be in. He then shows up as an additional wizard in the new group and you can enter an order.

Great, Thanks

#565 – Recruit Troops (Companions)

I am getting the error message that I cannot recruit companions before turn 4.

I can't find anything in the documentation about this, so has anyone successfully used this order prior to turn 4?

(01-28-2023, 01:09 PM)Zar@shand Wrote: #565 – Recruit Troops (Companions)

I am getting the error message that I cannot recruit companions before turn 4.

I can't find anything in the documentation about this, so has anyone successfully used this order prior to turn 4?

No, and I have tried it a few times because I keep forgetting that.

And I have been through the Rules a few times, and I also have not seen anything that tells you about the limitation on timing.

There are 22 Companion brigade types. These brigades have terrain, leadership, and existing brigade requirements (prior to retaining the Companions) in order to retain their services. Companions cannot be retained until turn 4, each type is available to only select kingdoms, but all kingdoms have at least two Companion types they can recruit. Companions can only be recruited in “the wild”, ie, not in an area with a PC. The available Companion types to a kingdom and the retaining requirements are shown on the Kingdom Dossier.

Rule book: General Rules page 11: more on military.

Not sure if it will be helpful, but I went through the rulebook, yesterday, and compiled the following list. There may be other parameters that limit the recruiting of Companion Troops, beyond the Turn 4 parameter:

Turn #4 or later orders

Create Dragon's Lair (Order #650), specified map area must be a Mountainlocation without a pop center (pillaged or a magic-destroyed popcenter frees the map area of a popcenter so the area is valid for a lair). May only have one Dragon's Lair on the map. May only issue order on turn 4 or later. A Dragon's Lair produces 20,000 gold each month (does not decrease due to seasonal effects).

Special Order: Create Druid's Grove (Order #650), specified map area must be a Forest location without a pop center (pillaged or a magic-destroyed popcenter freesthe map area of a popcenter so the area is valid for a grove). May only have one Druid's Grove on the map. May only issue order on turn 4 or later. A Druid's Grove produces 20,000 food each month (does not decrease due to seasonal effects).

Create Gold Mine (Order #650), specified map area must be a Mountain location without a pop center (pillaged or a magic-destroyed popcenter frees the map area of a popcenter so the area is valid for a mine). May only have one Gold Mine on the map. May only issue order on turn 4 or later. A Gold Mine produces 20,000 gold each month (does not decrease due to seasonal effects).

Special Order: Create Hidden Oasis (Order #650), specified map area must be a Desert location without a pop center (pillaged or a magic-destroyed popcenter frees the map area of a popcenter so the area is valid for an oasis). May only have one Hidden Oasis on the map. May only issue order on turn 4 or later. A Hidden Oasis produces 10,000 food and 10,000 gold each month (does not decrease due to seasonal effects).

Create Pirate's Cove (Order #650), specified map area must be a Water location without a pop center (pillaged or a magic-destroyed popcenter frees the map area of a popcenter so the area is valid for a cove). May only have one Pirate's Cove on the map. May only issue order on turn 4 or later. A Pirate's Cove produces 20,000 gold each month (does not decrease due to seasonal effects).

Special Create Dragon's Lair (Order #650), specified map area must be a Mountain location without a pop center (pillaged or a magic-destroyed popcenter frees the map area of a popcenter so the area is valid for a lair). May only have one Dragon's Lair on the map. May only issue order on turn 4 or later. A Dragon's Lair produces 20,000 gold each month (does not decrease due to seasonal effects).

Spell #751 – Unveil Population Centers
This spell allows a wizard to uncover the location of all towns or villages in the region he is located in. This spell is only valid on turn 4 or later.

Spell #858 – Unveil Group Locations
This spell allows a wizard to learn the location of all groups of a particular size in his region. This spell is only valid on turn 4 or later.

Option: Exploratory
No divinations for population center locations, group locations, and/or unusual encounters by High Priestesses, Consuls (Ancient Ones kingdom), or wizards before turn 4.

If a High Priestesses is captured, allegiance changes to the capturing kingdom (not become a prisoner). A High Priestess may not perform any divinations until turn 4 at the earliest, even for a Devout kingdom that begins with a Temple in place.

Raise Dead (Order #563, 0 gold).
This special ability allows a Demon Prince to summon a brigade of Skeleton troops to join their group. A Demon Prince needs to be located in the same area as the receiving group (or capital if an inactive group will receive the troops). All three (or four) Demon Princes may issue this command to the same group if desired. There are two restrictions: no Skeletons may be summoned prior to turn 4, and the limit on the maximum number of Skeleton brigades per group applies (max 20 per group).

Set Global Agent Training Cost (Order #994).
As the Underworld sponsors the training of agents throughout the realm, they may set the price of the training for all kingdoms, which may range from 2,000 gold to 8,000 gold. The initial price of training is 5,000 gold. The Underworld may vary the required amount for everyone within the range by issuing this special order. Enter the new price that will be required for all kingdoms to pay for their agent training, plus or minus 1,000 gold from the current cost. Keep in mind that increasing the global training cost for developing agents may discourage others from training their agents, which may be beneficial for our kingdom since there will be fewer and lowered-level agents performing counter-espionage/guard to deal with on our missions. However, raising the global training cost also means that our kingdom will receive less gold each turn since others will not develop their agents if it becomes too expensive. The opposite strategy of lowering the global training cost to the minimum will have the reverse effect, plentiful agents of higher-caliber to bypass making our missions more difficult, but we will receive more gold each turn due to the greater participation of others to train their agents. This order is unavailable prior to turn 4.

#563 – Raise Dead (Necromancer only)
This special ability allows a Demon Prince to summon a brigade of Skeleton troops to join their group. A Demon Prince needs to be located in the same area as the receiving group (or capital if an inactive group will receive the troops). All three (or four) Demon Princes may issue this command to the same group if desired. There are two restrictions: no Skeletons may be summoned prior to turn 4, and the limit on the maximum number of Skeleton brigades per group applies (max 20 per group).

Spell #349 – Conceal Emissary
The caster creates a sorcery that so disguises the emissary of his kingdom that on relocating, he will not be detected except by extraordinary measures. Emissary is not detected by popcenter on relocation or by agent recon below L10. The emissary's starting location must be no more than 3 areas from the casting wizard. This spell cannot be cast before turn 4.

Spell #751 – Unveil Population Centers
This spell allows a wizard to uncover the location of all towns or villages in the region he is located in. This spell is only valid on turn 4 or later.

Spell #858 – Unveil Group Locations
This spell allows a wizard to learn the location of all groups of a particular size in his region. This spell is only valid on turn 4 or later.

(01-28-2023, 04:04 PM)PTRILEY Wrote: There are 22 Companion brigade types. These brigades have terrain, leadership, and existing brigade requirements (prior to retaining the Companions) in order to retain their services. Companions cannot be retained until turn 4, each type is available to only select kingdoms, but all kingdoms have at least two Companion types they can recruit. Companions can only be recruited in “the wild”, ie, not in an area with a PC. The available Companion types to a kingdom and the retaining requirements are shown on the Kingdom Dossier.

Thanks for the reply.
It would seem that this section is not in the new rulebook 4th Cycle: Maelstrom, as I did a search and nothing came back.
So I thought I better check the old rules ( 3rd cycle) and that is where it is.
So if you are a new player like myself you are unlikely to know this.

(01-28-2023, 04:41 PM)Zar@shand Wrote:
(01-28-2023, 04:04 PM)PTRILEY Wrote: There are 22 Companion brigade types. These brigades have terrain, leadership, and existing brigade requirements (prior to retaining the Companions) in order to retain their services. Companions cannot be retained until turn 4, each type is available to only select kingdoms, but all kingdoms have at least two Companion types they can recruit. Companions can only be recruited in “the wild”, ie, not in an area with a PC. The available Companion types to a kingdom and the retaining requirements are shown on the Kingdom Dossier.

Thanks for the reply.
It would seem that this section is not in the new rulebook 4th Cycle: Maelstrom, as I did a search and nothing came back.
So I thought I better check the old rules ( 3rd cycle) and that is where it is.
So if you are a new player like myself you are unlikely to know this.
I just look at the quick play and you’re right I didn’t see it in the recruiting of companion areas. A new person wouldn’t of known that.Smile