Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I see you Steel
4. Ruingruth
5. Cosmic Wizard
6. Windstar
12. Keeope

(04-10-2021, 12:00 PM)Senior Tactician Wrote: You might have a hard time filling this one... there are 9 kingdoms with hidden PCs... that leaves only 15 to choose from in a game that seats 12.  Unless people are itching to play the DW, SA, TY, NO, EL... I don't see these get picked very often.  Although.... I guess it would be a good game to play these kingdoms in.  If you get close maybe I'll jump in.  I haven't talked to Gor for a while.

SA is great if you like expensive troops and worthless companions.

well if those kingdom are lacking and no one wants to play them maybe those kingdoms should be tweaked in the next upgrade so it adds more fun for more variety. should be 24 kingdoms that get selected pretty evenly or there is a balance issue to me. So maybe this suggestion game is a good thing to create something to look at the more fun the better the more variety the better. If this does not fill maybe the hidden thing will have to go away for this game?

I think this is a great idea. I am in two games right now which is my intellectual limit, but I love mixing it up and was trying to think of a theme the other day. If this sits for awhile, I'll get in when one of my others ends. HA beat the RD pretty good the other day, not with a hidden capital but a sea capital.

Actually, I was wondering if maybe it wouldn't be necessary to create kingdoms with more variety, if instead we increased the scope of kingdom customization.  We would have all the important characteristics of the kingdom chosen on the first turn by the player.  For instance; brigade strength, reinforcement schedule, movement, terrain modifiers and such as well as max agent level, number and level of starting wizards, spell list and research cost and finally traits would all be chosen on turn 1.  That way you wouldn't have any knowledge of the capabilities of your opponents at the start of the game.

For instance now you know that if you are next to the UN, you'll be needing some counter-espionage, if next the the RD, you'd highly benefit from a water or hidden capitol.  If you didn't know your neighbors capabilities, it would be that much more challenging.

Sounds like Uncle Mike would have to reinvent the wheel, but great concept!

Maybe a hidden cap could be in customization for 8 points, like a prince.

Customize an anti-....
Anti-dragons-your kingdom receives plus 10% when fighting dragons
Anti-underworld-your kingdom is harder to kidnap
Anti-magic-your kingdom is better against wizard battle magic or any region controlled by you has an automatic 25% resistance to enemy regional effect spells.

Players named uncle darkseid could get an automatic 2 points towards ESO, also.

(04-11-2021, 01:48 AM)Senior Tactician Wrote: ...For instance now you know that if you are next to the UN, you'll be needing some counter-espionage, if next the the RD, you'd highly benefit from a water or hidden capitol.  If you didn't know your neighbors capabilities, it would be that much more challenging.

You could just play an anonymous game. Kingdoms are hidden in those games so you don't know who's your neighbor. On the forum, just post your sequence order and have someone not in the game receive emails of the player's various kingdom/region choices. Or play in a randomly assigned game either kingdom, region, or both if you truly want a challenge :>

(04-11-2021, 04:39 PM)unclemike Wrote:
(04-11-2021, 01:48 AM)Senior Tactician Wrote: ...For instance now you know that if you are next to the UN, you'll be needing some counter-espionage, if next the the RD, you'd highly benefit from a water or hidden capitol.  If you didn't know your neighbors capabilities, it would be that much more challenging.

You could just play an anonymous game. Kingdoms are hidden in those games so you don't know who's your neighbor. On the forum, just post your sequence order and have someone not in the game receive emails of the player's various kingdom/region choices. Or play in a randomly assigned game either kingdom, region, or both if you truly want a challenge :>

I would totally play a random kingdom/random region game/anonymous Sounds like fun.

(04-11-2021, 09:55 PM)Pine Needle Wrote:
(04-11-2021, 04:39 PM)unclemike Wrote:

I would totally play a random kingdom/random region game/anonymous Sounds like fun.

We used to do these..  I enjoyed them.  Smile

As Pine says above, 2 games is probably my limit. But I like this idea. One game I am in now has every kingdom with a hidden pop so this might be a nice change. Plus, I want to make fun of every player who was too scared to join this game.

I'll take 3