Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5423 Steely Eyes (Seasonal Diplomacy)
(04-19-2020, 11:32 AM)Senior Tactician Wrote:
(04-19-2020, 12:13 AM)Airetar Wrote:
(04-18-2020, 11:49 PM)Senior Tactician Wrote:
(04-18-2020, 11:05 PM)Airetar Wrote:
(04-18-2020, 08:49 PM)Senior Tactician Wrote: I assure you Mr Vor, the Halflings have absolutely no intention of dominating anything other than the market! (until turn 40).  Speaking of the Market, the gentle, loving Halflings are in the market to BUY lots of food this season!  Paying premium prices! (not that premium).  The poor starving people of Nyvaria, abandoned by their leader, need this food badly! (so we can build massive impenetrable castles to acquire and maintain control).  Please dig deep and find all that extra food, and put some gold back in your pocket as well!

The Halfling homeland is in winter, as are the devastated lands of the Nyvarians, so this food is essential! (for our plans to crush you).

The halflings assigned to the Nyvarian rescue parties have reported the presence of Elfs and Dark Elfs in the region.  Noble sirs!  You have our utmost respect and admiration, wanting to help these poor souls.  But please rest assured, your parties and emissaries are only getting in the way of our rescue attempts. (of our conquest)  Please, go back to your respective regions and allow the gentle, loving halflings to handle this crisis (bilk these fools).

Well, not so many Elves anymore.  Yeah, I'm pretty proud of the elite group I have.  Kick ass.  So, send me an invite: I'll be there. 

Otherwise, of course, I mean no threat to anyone.   We just want our four regions and no unnecessary collateral  damage.  Be at peace.  Stay at home.  I think it's required.

Mr Dark Elf such a spirit of competition, an Olympic Games it will be!  We are humbled by your offer and only hope our athletes can make our competition interesting for you! (saw your group, not impressed).  We propose that after this winter season is over (where you will be creating food just to feed 10 brigades, while we build a great castle, and recruit 8 brigades per turn.)  We will meet and have the first Dark Elf - Halfling Olympic games! (On Ramhorn, were we will bring 40 brigades, crush your tiny group and take the city, then move to your capitol.)  I am absolutely certain the spirit of competition is just what we need to bring us together! (as in, all your PCs will be Halfling controlled).
So I guess we are not trading. 

40 Halfling brigades.  So, that is like 6 Elite Dark Elven brigades?   How many Power 6 wizards do you have?  Just asking.

Mr Dark Elf we are in awe of the power of the Dark Elf athletes! (but 40 Vikings and three power 6's would lay them low without breaking a sweat.)

Trade, of course we can trade!  I can see its possible the benevolent and generous Dark Elves have over-extended themselves in Nyvaria during your own winter, such selflessness!  We Halflings would be very happy to compensate you for your efforts there!  Should you wish to remove all your rescue forces from Nyvaria we would be able to see our way clear to discount you some emergency food, enough to feed your brave athletes!  Say... 30k food for 15k gold each turn for the three winter months?  A very generous deal in our own winter, trading at a loss, such is the benevolence of the peace-loving Halflings! (we'd give more, but still have to recruit x8 and build that great castle on Bronze Canyon after we take it from you this turn.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILYdzvSICes

Shuhz. Players get anxious if I have two regions. Stay calm. Put her in charge, man.

Apologies.   I was simply trying to infer (rather than say directly), that I feel confident in more than 10 brigades of Dark Elves, Knights of Styx and Vikings of elite experience, led by three marshals and Power 6 wizards, that we will do ok vs, well, any.  Ask the Elves.

I'm sort of focused on Nyvaria right now, and I particularly like Bronze Canyon, so there you have it.   You could try to wrest it away, or perhaps develop a different plan.  But I am also attending to Darkover, so that might not be a historically lauded move either. 

How about I let you be significant in Nyvaria, unless I have to deal with others, who could be troublesome. 

I just don't know how this works out, you in your corner and all. I guess if you make a commitment to go way south, I will leave Diamond Coast alone.

(04-20-2020, 04:00 PM)Airetar Wrote: Apologies.   I was simply trying to infer (rather than say directly), that I feel confident in more than 10 brigades of Dark Elves, Knights of Styx and Vikings of elite experience, led by three marshals and Power 6 wizards, that we will do ok vs, well, any.  Ask the Elves.

I'm sort of focused on Nyvaria right now, and I particularly like Bronze Canyon, so there you have it.   You could try to wrest it away, or perhaps develop a different plan.  But I am also attending to Darkover, so that might not be a historically lauded move either. 

How about I let you be significant in Nyvaria, unless I have to deal with others, who could be troublesome. 

I just don't know how this works out, you in your corner and all. I guess if you make a commitment to go way south, I will leave Diamond Coast alone.

Mr. Dark Elf we humble halflings will be more than happy to follow your lead! (we have no interest in darkover, but if you come to Diamond coast, we'll stomp you in Darkover).  There is no reason why you shouldn't be proud of your accomplishments in Bronze Canyon and in all of Nyvaria, and your competition with the Elfs, a stunning victory!  (But we're taking the city this turn, building a great castle on it.  If you can take it back before we get the castle built to legendary, you can have it, no hard feelings.  We're just trying to prevent early victories).

(04-20-2020, 09:48 PM)Senior Tactician Wrote:
(04-20-2020, 04:00 PM)Airetar Wrote: Apologies.   I was simply trying to infer (rather than say directly), that I feel confident in more than 10 brigades of Dark Elves, Knights of Styx and Vikings of elite experience, led by three marshals and Power 6 wizards, that we will do ok vs, well, any.  Ask the Elves.

Mr. Dark Elf we humble halflings will be more than happy to follow your lead! (we have no interest in darkover, but if you come to Diamond coast, we'll stomp you in Darkover).  There is no reason why you shouldn't be proud of your accomplishments in Bronze Canyon and in all of Nyvaria, and your competition with the Elfs, a stunning victory!  (But we're taking the city this turn, building a great castle on it.  If you can take it back before we get the castle built to legendary, you can have it, no hard feelings.  We're just trying to prevent early victories).
I am sorry this seems to have turned.  But now I have to consider my next course of action.  I am sure you understand.  So given it is kind of now or never, I don't know, I kind of need a bigger commitment, or we can test our steel.  Tick tock.

HA ->  DA    Mr. Dark Elf we assure you the gentle loving halflings are absolutely committed to improving and maintaining good relationships with all Kingdoms (Right after we take Bronze Canyon, what would life be without a little competition.)

(04-21-2020, 03:14 AM)Senior Tactician Wrote: HA ->  DA    Mr. Dark Elf we assure you the gentle loving halflings are absolutely committed to improving and maintaining good relationships with all Kingdoms (Right after we take Bronze Canyon, what would life be without a little competition.)

What would people think if Halflings beat up on my Dark Elves?