Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible Game Based on The Expanse
(02-07-2020, 02:19 AM)The Painted Man Wrote:
(02-07-2020, 01:15 AM)Ry Vor Wrote:
(02-07-2020, 12:55 AM)The Painted Man Wrote:
(02-07-2020, 12:08 AM)Draugr Wrote: I want the Martians marines

Even the ones with australian accents?

In The Expanse, there is an effort to give characters all sorts of accents, from all over Europe in particular, and an intention it seems to create a Belters accent and quasi-language, but some accents missing are New York to Boston and Southern.  Jus' sayin'.  The Belters seem to be mostly Eastern European.

I was more playing out my infatuation with Roberta Draper via the Draugr3000.

She must be a man eater and like vegemite sandwiches.   The vegemite sandwich should repel all but the most determined.

Sounds like I have a new series to watch

(02-07-2020, 04:44 PM)Brekk Wrote: Sounds like I have a new series to watch

Its a little like Man in the High Castle (so that's another on your list if you haven't watched) in that Season 1 is kind of setting the scene, introducing the factions and main characters.  Season 2 the plot thickens.  Also, ala Game of Thrones and Man, what you thought you knew about characters comes under question.  Sometime in Season 3 it gets a bit strange.  Like "Man", it is four seasons long.   But with streaming, instead of two years like in olden times, you can do that in two weeks, with a bit of determination.  Again, if you multitask like I do, you may have to backtrack from time to time. 

I just want to try designing a new game, in a new genre, with depth but not undo complexity.  Not abandoning great mechanics of design in Alamaze, but hopefully a bit more accessible to more people.  I may look into whether I need a license from the Expanse folks, whether using the name and the associated costs is better than just doing a game not using their names, etc.  Anyway, right now it's just an idea.  That would work.  That I should do.   Smile

But rest assured, the next installment of Maelstrom is the next thing up to bat.

This close to Boston guy thinks is sounds wicked pissah.  You have a fertile mind, Ry Vor.

For now, I just wondered if Alamaze players would be interested. 

This game would have to be less text based.

(02-09-2020, 03:48 AM)Ry Vor Wrote: For now, I just wondered if Alamaze players would be interested. 

I watched the first episode of the Expanse with the wife yesterday.  We liked it enough to continue and we usually do an episode a day when we find something we like.  There are 4 seasons and a total of 46 episodes so that's enough to last close to 2 months.

Love the idea, Love the series, and would gladly be a part of testing and then playing the game.
Ashgar the Bloodthirsty. 

My blood, your blood, what difference does it make!  

Time will tell.................

(02-09-2020, 06:40 PM)Wookie Panz Wrote:
(02-09-2020, 03:48 AM)Ry Vor Wrote: For now, I just wondered if Alamaze players would be interested. 

I watched the first episode of the Expanse with the wife yesterday.  We liked it enough to continue and we usually do an episode a day when we find something we like.  There are 4 seasons and a total of 46 episodes so that's enough to last close to 2 months.

Or roughly 5 days if you really focused.

I'll  play, seems wonderful.  I hope it doesn't  take the place of Alamaze Maelstrom being finished and upgraded.

(02-10-2020, 06:09 PM)The Painted Man Wrote:
(02-09-2020, 06:40 PM)Wookie Panz Wrote:

Or roughly 5 days if you really focused.

Pffft… you must have a job or something.