Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd Forum Only Diplomacy
(PI) Some concerns here and the SA sphere of control.  Just how much control does the SA have in Region 2,4, and soon 10? My goals are to see the world with as many rulers as possible for as long as possible, could this be in jeopardy?  I do not care who fights who, but who controls what after conflicts, for I like playing this game and do not want to see it end too soon.

(11-17-2016, 03:51 AM)Rogal Wrote: (PI) Some concerns here and the SA sphere of control.  Just how much control does the SA have in Region 2,4, and soon 10? My goals are to see the world with as many rulers as possible for as long as possible, could this be in jeopardy?  I do not care who fights who, but who controls what after conflicts, for I like playing this game and do not want to see it end too soon.

SA-PI it's not the SA you should be worried about ending the game, this is absurd! Region 4 I control just under half, region 2 I will keep only a town and a village, region 10, I control nothing and have no plans on controlling any. 

Rellgar

(PI) All I do is ask, I do not have the orders to divine who's really doing what.  I am sure I will be asking what the LI own soon as well if the WA and DE get crushed.

(11-17-2016, 04:35 AM)Rogal Wrote: (PI) All I do is ask, I do not have the orders to divine who's really doing what.  I am sure I will be asking what the LI own soon as well if the WA and DE get crushed.

(RA) - All
In regards to control of 10, If we do indeed take it all, SA has said he needs no part of it.  If anyone of us three gets control I would say GN has done more than I to earn it.  Of course a fairly even split between GN and RA also looks fine from my side of the pasture.  Still have not ruled out letting NO survive and avoiding bloodshed but time is short.  With concern stated about losing more rulers, what about NE?  He is still alive and maybe having him back on his throne is something to consider?

(11-16-2016, 08:00 PM)Devildog Wrote:
(11-15-2016, 11:56 AM)Wookie Panz Wrote:
(11-15-2016, 02:26 AM)Devildog Wrote:
(11-14-2016, 11:33 PM)RELLGAR Wrote:
(11-14-2016, 05:31 PM)Devildog Wrote: GN

The Gnomes have always had a philosophy that other kingdoms do not need to earn our respect. It is freely given. Our disrespect has to be earned.

The Nomads inadvertently captured our baron. It should have been a simple thing to return him as agreed. It would have maintained the respect that the gnomes have for our neighbors. Instead they have reneged on their agreement and have done so in an insulting way. It may be that our small stature causes people to underestimate us. The gnomes have long memories. We don't forget a favor and we especially don't forget a sleight. Our decision to invade this turn was based on the disrespect shown us by the nomads and is independent of the Sacred Order's invasion. If the Nomad feels he has too many enemies then he needs to examine his own actions toward his neighbors.

SA-GN very well said my friend, did you go after that NO village on your northern border in Torvale? What did you move against in the Sands if you can say? I must not have been paying attention during our secret meeting. 

Rellgar

I have a group at the village and one at Vanasheen.

I moved against western southern sands as they were closest.

(RA) - GN   Mountain friend it is good to have you by my side in the Sands.  I am moving against three towns this turn and also working to take villages.  Are you taking the town and two villages closest to your border?
GN- RA
2 towns and 3 villages in the west

(RA) - GN  It looks like I am already in one of the towns and 1 of the villages you mention so don't be offended by that, my friend.  We will sort it out later.

(NO) Seems there is no agreement. Gotta get my orders in.

NE > DU Great Centaur, It is my greatest hope that you did not waste an order trying to buy the NO's Council seat. Seem as though his King was a scandalous boy. Maybe the seat will cost you less than 50,00 gold.

(11-17-2016, 02:20 PM)Acererak Wrote: (NO) Seems there is no agreement. Gotta get my orders in.

SA-NO now it looks as though you have something to bargain with us. Your last offer had left us with very little incentive and given the RA and GN a much better offer.

Rellgar former Nomad Bane?

(NO) More bizarre results in group vs group battle. Here's the battle outside of Vanasheen (after the GN wiped out 6 brigades pre battle with summon death).

Battle between the 4th Gnome army group and the 1st Nomad army in the desert of area YU:

Gnome Nomad

Commanders
Marshal Brightsnout Lord Commander Stormbringer
Commander Glint Goremaker Captain Major Jakara Oasis
Centurion Hero of Runiclon Centurion Zanno the True

Wizards
Power-8 Fogmaster Power-3 Maz the Firecast
Power-7 Silver Mage
Power-6 Kanis Firewand

Brigades
3 Gnomes Veteran 3 Nomads Regular
5 Gnomes Regular 1 Zamorans Regular
3 Ogres Veteran 2 Zealots Regular
2 Ogres Regular 2 Skeletons Regular
5 Specters Regular
5 Rock Golems Veteran
3 Zombies Regular
2 War Machines Veteran
1 War Machines Regular

Combat Factors
Very Good Leaders Good Leaders

Tactical Selection
Barrage Attack Organized Withdrawal

The sight of so many Specters in the 4th Gnome has caused fear among the ranks of their
enemy. At the first light of dawn, the 4th Gnome army group raced to engage the defensive
position of the 1st Nomad army under Lord Commander Stormbringer. Across the field, the
Gnome's forces saw the banner of the Nomad 1st group, it's pride. As the attackers crossed
the surrounding dunes, the battle began.

- Archers -

The Gnome commander, Marshal Brightsnout, experienced in advanced warfare, now initiated
an intense barrage against the 1st Nomad. Hundreds of boulders and flaming tar hurled
through space into their defenses to the dismay of the defenders. The long range Gnome
slingers and light archers and the natural horse and foot archers of the Nomad force
initiated their attack. The Gnome forces imposed tremendous damage upon the Nomad ranks in
return, the Nomad dealt out minor losses to their foes.

- Conclusion -

At this moment in the struggle, losses suffered by the 1st Nomad had gone beyond the
original threshold planned. As a withdrawal was attempted, the field commanders of the 1st
Nomad assigned the duties of relaying withdrawal commands were dismayed as the effects of
the enemy's mesmerizing magic prevented their comrades from retreating as ordered. To
their credit, the 1st Nomad forces continued to fight as trained. Losses to the Nomad had
risen above expectations: Lord Commander Stormbringer ordered the retreat. The leaders of
the Nomad force managed the retreat fairly well, all considered. Gnome casualties were put
at 0.61%. All Gnome leaders survived the battle. Brightsnout showed great courage and has
been recognized as a Grand Marshal. Impressing his peers was Glint Goremaker, who again
has distinguished himself. He is now a Marshal. Hero of Runiclon distinguished himself and
has been promoted as a Captain. All the Gnome wizards survived the fray. The convincing
completeness of the force's victory has notably increased morale. Nomad casualties were
put at 91.43%. The group was destroyed! For defeating the 1st Nomad, the 4th Gnome has
acquired Champion Stallions as spoils of war! For defeating the 1st Nomad, the 4th Gnome
has acquired Crystal of Seeing as spoils of war! For defeating the 1st Nomad, the 4th
Gnome has acquired Stone of All Minds as spoils of war! For defeating the 1st Nomad, the
4th Gnome has acquired Valyrian Steel as spoils of war! Ravaging from hunger, the 4th
Gnome zombies ate the corpses of the dead from the battlefield and the force grew by 4
zombie brigades.

<> <> <>

So, naturally I knew that I wanted to try and get out of there as I was outclassed. My P7 and P5 teleported away to fight another day and I put in a 1 for organized withdrawal.

As you can see, the battle ended prior to the magic phase occurring - yet the Chaos spell apparently fired off and was a factor in the battle. Weren't we just told in the previous battle with the SA that since my retreat happened prior to the magic phase he didn't encounter the wall of flame? Wall of flame goes off in the 90's for orders, Chaos is in the 100's. If the magic phase didn't happen how did Chaos happen? If it did happen why does it happen and the Wall of Flame not if the Wall of Flame is a lower order?

More questions/Comments: It says my casualties were 91% yet I was destroyed- call me crazy but to be destroyed I should have 100% casualties no? I have a Lord Commander that should have lowered the effectiveness of Chaos (if it even should have fired off). I have supremacy in the Sands and much higher initiative/speed than the Gnome. I have the archery trait which lowers losses during retreat by 50%.

If you add all of this up, it doesn't make a lot of sense that my entire force was destroyed. There's no question I should have been defeated- and badly. But I should have been able to get away with my artifacts, wizard and leaders. If you look at the factors I laid out above I'm not sure how any objective person would disagree.

Mike?

All that being said, taking nothing away from the Gnome. He clearly had me outclassed and that's why I ran!

SA-RA,GN my friends if you would please inform me of your status in the sands. Lord of the Golden throne, are you sieging Vanasheen? Has the NO lost any more troops? I will take a town from him in the Mists and perhaps move to take a city or town or persue a group. 5NO army group is at Evanon.

Rellgar