Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd Forum Only Diplomacy
(NO)

NO- DE: Great lord of the endless host. I'm sure you've noticed the DU has not responded to my completely open ended offer of an NAP (which he has seen as he was on the forum 20 mins ago), and the NE likes to rage on about perceived slights he has created in his mind. We have not threatened them but are forced to prepare specific defenses in case they move against me. Prepare my friend, we may be going to war sooner rather than later in the Mists or Oakendell. I remain your steadfast ally.

(NO) As a quick aside, this is why I really like this format. It's hard to read signals and it's definitely almost impossible to do a co-ordinated sneak attack on someone else. In the regular full diplomacy that always happens, everyone has had the "oh shit" moment when you open your turn and every pop center has an emmy at it, armies at ur capital and assassinations galore. Much more difficult to co-ordinate here.

Just want to say I'm enjoying the back and forth and don't take or mean anything personal, 100% trying to play a game as a king might.

NE > NO You must think me inept. As you see I am totally outclassed. HE HE!!! Or maybe NOT!!!

(10-12-2016, 11:42 PM)Acererak Wrote: (NO) As a quick aside, this is why I really like this format. It's hard to read signals and it's definitely almost impossible to do a co-ordinated sneak attack on someone else. In the regular full diplomacy that always happens, everyone has had the "oh shit" moment when you open your turn and every pop center has an emmy at it, armies at ur capital and assassinations galore.  Much more difficult to co-ordinate here.

Just want to say I'm enjoying the back and forth and don't take or mean anything personal, 100% trying to play a game as a king might.

(Ditto) ^
Rellgar

(10-12-2016, 11:53 PM)Ohman the heartless Wrote: NE > NO  You must think me inept.  As you see I am totally outclassed. HE HE!!!  Or maybe NOT!!!

(NO) Right. Because you're so smart, you brought along an invisible group with your higher casters just in the off chance that another group was on a quest encounter. If you did,  that's pretty amazing and my hat's off to you. Since I'm masked, You also reconned the area with a L4 plus right?

If you're going to bluff, at least make it believable.

(DU)-NO The Lord of the Forest proposes the following: 4 villages outside the sands fly or will fly your banner. 3 of those shall fly skull and crossbones, I am happy to give the PI the coordinates if you prefer. We will sign a game long NAP. This prevents future conflicts and ensures any MDPs from causing us to come into conflict. We will gift you 40k bushels during the summer to ensure the people of the sands will not starve. With this you should be able to secure excellent relations with our friends the Pirates. It makes me feel you were not able to take advantage of a new player.

This agreement ensures neither of us gains an advantage.

(DU)-RA we would be happy to assist you with your food needs. Let the Lord of the Forest know your wishes for peace and we believe we can come to an accord.

Atuan- Lowly Centaurian Scribe

(10-13-2016, 02:03 AM)Atuan Wrote: (DU)-NO The Lord of the Forest proposes the following:  4 villages outside the sands fly or will fly your banner.  3 of those shall fly skull and crossbones, I am happy to give the PI the coordinates if you prefer.  We will sign a game long NAP.  This prevents future conflicts and ensures any MDPs from causing us to come into conflict.  We will gift you 40k bushels during the summer to ensure the people of the sands will not starve.  With this you should be able to secure excellent relations with our friends the Pirates.  It makes me feel you were not able to take advantage of a new player.

This agreement ensures neither of us gains an advantage.  

(DU)-RA we would be happy to assist you with your food needs. Let the Lord of the Forest know your wishes for peace and we believe we can come to an accord.

Atuan- Lowly Centaurian Scribe

(NO) I want to be reasonable, so I would agree to giving 2 to the Pirates. That leaves me +1 instead of status quo. I'm not interested in a game long NAP because as we both know that ties our hands from intervening shall either one of us be on the path to victory. How about 2 to the Pirates, 20K food in the summer and a NAP until turn 20? Seems fair enough no?

(10-13-2016, 12:42 AM)Acererak Wrote:
(10-12-2016, 11:53 PM)Ohman the heartless Wrote: NE > NO  You must think me inept.  As you see I am totally outclassed. HE HE!!!  Or maybe NOT!!!

(NO) Right. Because you're so smart, you brought along an invisible group with your higher casters just in the off chance that another group was on a quest encounter. If you did,  that's pretty amazing and my hat's off to you. Since I'm masked, You also reconned the area with a L4 plus right?

If you're going to bluff, at least make it believable.

(NO) Ok NE- I'm going to give this one more try. Allow me to use my mages to get my artifact and I'm out of the Mists next turn. If you continue to threaten I'm forced to respond. What do you say?

SA->DU Lord of the Forrest, we would like to duplicate any deals you make with the good Ranger if possible. Since the RA and us are in a defence treaty it is an almost guaranteed Two for one deal anyhow. 

Rellgar- poor knight of the old God's

(DU) - NO The Lord of the Forest can agree to all but the length of the NAP. This must be turn 40 as we don't wish to give up the current advantage only to have you invade later.