Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Death of a Warlord
17 is 'about a dozen' in some contexts. Like when my wife asks how many Twizzlers I want I never actually stop at 12.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

It is funny, I feel like a star trek episode every encounter and I have beamed down with a dozen or so red jump suited guys. We all know its a death sentence for them, but each time they come back for more Smile

I checked the battle log for Nim.  He had to roll over 0.198 on a 0 to 99.9 scale to survive.  That is 10% of 2.3% x 85% for Stalwart.

Leader death check (for 1HA):
WARLORD Nim the Shifter: rolled 0.1919142 < 0.19853552 died

Very sad but true.  Below is an extract from the brigade promotion algorithm.  Not complete (there's more to it), and I'm not going to try to reformat it for the forum.

Brigade Promotion Method
Own group must be "blooded", meaning sustaining 5%+ own causalties or no promotion for any encounter (this is for the group, not individual brigades)
A group whose strength vs. the appropriate target (group or PC) by 500% or more cannot advance past Veteran for any encounter (cannot reach elite)
A battle/ encounter that doesn't get to the 4th round provides no chance of promotion (passed 1st storm phase or past short range missile)
Only a Green or Regular brigade has a (small) chance of advancing after winning against a village, must still have group be blooded
Percentages below may be modified by traits

Experience
Successful Group Battle where enemy loses at least 30% of their force
success in engagements where enemy loses <30% but at least 15% 
Unsuccessful Group Battle where enemy takes at least 10% casualties
Successful PC Battle vs Town or City
success PC battle vs Village

Green
100%
75%
60%
100%
60%

Regular
70%
53%
35%
70%
35%

Veteran
45%
34%
22%
45%
0%

(05-13-2016, 12:19 AM)Atuan Wrote: It is funny, I feel like a star trek episode every encounter and I have beamed down with a dozen or so red jump suited guys.  We all know its a death sentence for them, but each time they come back for more Smile

I've spoken about this before.  In 2nd Cycle, we had different values for the men in encounters.  They are below.  In 3rd Cycle, we have traits like Heroic and Stalwart and Military Tradition.

We did have an aesthetic change scheduled to replace the text that talks about the number of men killed, but it was not a high priority.

Value of Warriors

The Men
Value
For Encounter
Kingdom
Wiz Value per Power
AN
AN

BL
BL

DA
DA

DE
DE

DW
DW

EL
EL

GI
GI

GN
GN

RA
RA

RD
RD

SO
SO

TR
TR

UN
UN

WA
WA

WI
WI

Thanks, Rick. I had forgotten about that last bit. Not that it was anything more than a mild curiosity.

As for Nim, that is some major bad luck there. It certainly makes the battle reports that much more tense.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

Thanks Rick for taking the time to look this up and share some of the details.

Indeed this was extremely helpful to me. I now know why I had 17 men die and this helps organize future attacks.

Nim had it coming. Lets be honest...

(05-13-2016, 01:29 AM)Diamond Cutter Wrote: Nim had it coming. Lets be honest...

Thank you Ry-Vor,   Much appreciated!!!

Shocked 
I must say; I agree with Diamond Cutter  Angel