Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full Diplo Fast Steel Chivalrous Rex
Now that the September Anonymous Steel game has fully formed I am hoping we can start a new thread with a true first-come, first-served sign up.

The only kingdom I need to have played them all is SO.

So I suggest:

Signup: post kingdom selection when signing up
Fast: M + W + F  processing
Full Diplomacy
Chivalrous: non-podium personas +25k starting gold
Rex: Must control 4 regions to win
Steel: 12 players select from the 15 kingdoms

I am in!

I choose SO!
Lord Thanatos

I am fine with LT getting Sorcerer to complete the circuit, but I don't think most players want M-W-F,  This will be 4-4-6. 

I don't know about most players but I will only play accelerated games going forward.
-This Khal Drogo, it's said he has a hundred thousand men in his horde

I'm in as the Elves. I'd prefer accelerated but I'll play either way.

I'll try to figure a way to more accurately gauge what number of players really want M-W-F as opposed to 4-4-6.  I kind of think if the designer likes the respite provided by 4-4-6, that likely the main player base feels the same way.  But if I am proven wrong, we can have more accelerated games.  That said, most players are not coming from a perspective of other player burn-out.  Again, even with 4-4-6 most answers I get as to why players drop out is that the pace is too fast.  They were used to one turn every two weeks. 

Have we had any player post on the forums stating that their preference is the 4-4-6? I don't recall this. Most I've seen is that some are ok with the standard pace but I don't know that I've seen any marked preference for the slower games. What about players in accelerated games? Any of them saying its too fast? I understand the standard pace for newer players and I understand the concern about burnout as well. Because of this I think there is definite room for both but as I said, I will not go back to the slower paced games myself.

IMO burnout is more of a problem when players are forced to join many different games just to get their Alamaze fix and lose track of the plot as opposed to being engaged in more fully in fewer contests.
-This Khal Drogo, it's said he has a hundred thousand men in his horde

Well, lets invite general discussion on this.  As I've said, most players that drop say the pace is too fast.  But maybe there is something to what Drogo says.  So I am hoping players that don't typically post on the forum will, on this subject.  Do you want faster games?

I would never play a faster game. I barely have time to play the regular game. Sometimes I slap a few orders together the night before, just to get something in. I very much enjoy Alamaze, but real life is very busy!

(09-05-2015, 03:44 AM)mafmiller Wrote: I would never play a faster game. I barely have time to play the regular game. Sometimes I slap a few orders together the night before, just to get something in. I very much enjoy Alamaze, but real life is very busy!

Thanks for the reply.  Please players, post your sentiment on faster games.   I can see both sides of it, although I myself am usually submitting turns with minutes left even in 4-4-6. 

(09-05-2015, 03:52 AM)Ry Vor Wrote:
(09-05-2015, 03:44 AM)mafmiller Wrote: I would never play a faster game. I barely have time to play the regular game. Sometimes I slap a few orders together the night before, just to get something in. I very much enjoy Alamaze, but real life is very busy!

Thanks for the reply.  Please players, post your sentiment on faster games.   I can see both sides of it, although I myself am usually submitting turns with minutes left even in 4-4-6. 

I suppose it would be fine if I were in only one game, but what's the fun in that? Wink