Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steel Diplomacy Rex Chivalry
This is a 12 player game with diplomacy, so select your kingdom by claiming it here.

This game will have no Red Dragon, Troll, or Giant position.  No Secret Victory Condition this time - win by controlling four regions.

Non-podium players will have an additional 25,000 gold added to their starting treasury.

Go.

Witchlord.

Elf me

Feeling I haven't given the Dwarves any love.  So now I do.

And just like that, the North has fallen. Smile

This is a good opportunity for our several Scouts who have been schooled in Primeval to move to Warrior.  We also have a new player Dreamthief who should get his pick in soon.  Also, another chance to introduce your smart friends to the world of Alamaze.  Why wait?

Some people ask me why I despise the Red Dragon, Troll and Giant.  These are different from the people that ask me why I hate the Witchlord, Sorcerer, and Warlock.  Or those that wonder why I ignore the Ancient Ones, Dwarves, and Black Dragons.

So, I invite opinion on why the Red Dragon, Troll and Giant are sometimes excluded from 12 player Steel games. 

I just had a game end, so set me up as the Gnomes.

My opinion? For 12-player Steel games, the intent is to make it a bit more user friendly and give people a greater chance of getting out of the gate with a halfway viable start.

The biggest threat to anyone getting out of the gate early is a military Kingdom, which could really ruin your day if they make up their mind to do so.

Personally, I think TR has been effectively limited both by what is now essentially a complete inability to challenge for R1 (any competent EL will destroy an early TR invasion), and the TR setup changes to things like governor hires.

RD and GI are still pretty tough in the early game, however!

(05-31-2015, 03:51 AM)HeadHoncho Wrote: My opinion? For 12-player Steel games, the intent is to make it a bit more user friendly and give people a greater chance of getting out of the gate with a halfway viable start.

The biggest threat to anyone getting out of the gate early is a military Kingdom, which could really ruin your day if they make up their mind to do so.

Personally, I think TR has been effectively limited both by what is now essentially a complete inability to challenge for R1 (any competent EL will destroy an early TR invasion), and the TR setup changes to things like governor hires.

RD and GI are still pretty tough in the early game, however!

The Trolls were pretty dominant at the beginning of the Resurgence in 2013 into 2014.  But its probably fair to say they haven't been favored much in the last year by the designer.  For a period the Trolls pretty much always went into Oakendell and kicked ass.  Then changes were made such that the Elves had an advantage against Trolls such as the Dwarves do against the Stone Giants.  Troll players could still try other avenues, such as into Runnimede or Arcania, but that doesn't seem to be happening much.  The Trolls will become one of several brigade types available to The Tyrant, and perhaps to another kingdom or two as well, instead of being their own kingdom. The Stone Giants will also be missing from The Choosing, although there will be Hill Giants, a brigade type available to several kingdoms in the right circumstances.