Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#300 - Experimental
I fixed a problem with order 945 (agent assassinate group leader/wizard). You must always specify an area in Column E for this order. The targeted group must be within 5 areas of Column E. The agent must be within 10 areas of the targeted group's location regardless of the target's position within the 5 area radius. If you think the targeted group is in ambush then you need to specify the exact area in Column E (and your agent must be level 7+). Your agent must be level 4+ if the target is in a masked group. You cannot assassinate a leader/wizard if the targeted group is invisible (which is a slick way of protecting your wizards) however this ruling may change if Ry Vor decides that a level 11+ agent is allowed to ice a figure in an invisible group or such.

(01-23-2015, 11:12 PM)Airborne Ranger Wrote: Turns look great and unusual encounters when found tell you how hard it might be to take artifact is great. I am at an encounter and knowing it will be easy will allow me to use one of my wizards for another task while a few low levels go for artifact. Usually I used all wizards, but now depending on level of artifact I can do more! 

I will be curious to know whether or not you get the artifact.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

The Paladins continue the crusade.  
Two towns have been liberated and still no Demon army has appeared to oppose us. 
Instead, They send their shadows against  us. 
Their cowardly assassins plague us and have taken a dear member of our court. 
No matter.  
We will continue with our holy quest to rid the land of this filth. 
We seek retribution for the slaughter of the innocent halflings.  
We send out a call to all able bodied crusaders to join in this quest - our most desperate hour.  

I am the greatest swordsman that ever lived. Say, um, can I have some of that water?

(01-24-2015, 01:36 PM)Lord Diamond Wrote:
(01-23-2015, 11:12 PM)Airborne Ranger Wrote: Turns look great and unusual encounters when found tell you how hard it might be to take artifact is great. I am at an encounter and knowing it will be easy will allow me to use one of my wizards for another task while a few low levels go for artifact. Usually I used all wizards, but now depending on level of artifact I can do more! 

I will let you know next turn.

Mike is aware that combat is the result most different in #300 than in the other games.  

A brigade is eliminated if attrition is over 60%.  So a 4 brigade group should not have ending attrition over 15%, instead, it should turn up as 3 brigades with no attrition. 

(01-24-2015, 02:48 PM)Airborne Ranger Wrote:
(01-24-2015, 01:36 PM)Lord Diamond Wrote:

I will let you know next turn.

I have been doing this a lot the last few turn.  I find these artifact even more fun than the regular game.

This was an easy encounter. It turned out to be a harder encounter then 2 previous that were supposed to hard?  2 slain leaders with artifacts were killed for Ring of Protection.
Reconnaisance of unusual sighting in area LX by a patrol of the 1st Sorcerer:
Wizard Zalkalzar (Power-6) decided to stay behind in camp and will not be a factor in
assisting the patrol. Wizard Firehelm (Power-3) offered only a portion of his magic to the
patrol's efforts as he decided to cast a guarded attack spell and protect himself from the
unknown. Wizard Slyndrax (Power-3) offered only a portion of his magic to the patrol's
efforts as he decided to cast a guarded attack spell and protect himself from the unknown.
A patrol consisting of General I Raglan, Captain I Jurnzk, Power-3 Wizard Firehelm,
Power-3 Wizard Slyndrax and a dozen hand-picked troops rode ahead to investigate the
sighting. It had been decided that there would be no plan to retreat. The patrol was
willing to take great risks to uncover what might be secreted ahead. As this forest area
is entered something unusual has altered the landscape. There is evidence of uniquely
shaped trees, uncommon color in the foliage, and peculiar smells that none in this patrol
have experience before. judiciously they move forward where a citadel showing all the
marking of belonging to a prominent military figure. There are a few scattered peasants to
be seen who show no curiosity in the patrol, indeed they demonstrate little interest in
anything as they move in a mechanical and silent manner while keeping their distance from
the company. As the patrol approaches nearer the citadel there are obvious signs of
neglect as the banner is torn and faded, no soldiers man the towers, and the entrance is
unguarded. Suddenly the patrol comes upon a group of five illusionists, approaching them:
both sides seem surprised but the illusionists immediately launch a series of lethal
magical attacks and it takes a moment for the group to react! In the first moments of
battle 6 soldiers died at the hand of this evil opponent. Now the patrol's leaders fought
with their full abilities. The conflict was furious. The cunning illusionists clearly
proved an exceptionally deadly adversary. The contest raged on, its outcome in doubt.
deadly phantasms spiraling magically toward them still more warriors were lost forever.
The next few minutes saw 5 soldiers lose their lives, but the enemy had been weakened.
Exhibiting his artifact Giant Slayer General Raglan infused his patrol with boldness and
propelled them forward. By raising the Dwarven Axe of Farin, the General Raglan infused
his patrol with boldness and propelled them forward. Sorcerer leader General I Raglan was
slain in battle. Sorcerer leader Captain I Jurnzk was slain in battle. The contest raged
on, it's outcome in doubt. The next few minutes saw 5 warriors perish. Hope ran high,
though, as the foe was weakened. Wizard Firehelm cast his magic that severely hampered the
foe. Finally the cunning illusionists had been destroyed. The valiant patrol was
victorius. With the battle over, the group finds an interesting object nearby. A Ring of
Protection will give it's wearer a 20% protection to assassination and a 50% protection to
spells! This ring can be used effectively by emissaries only and it's resistance to magic
will affect possible positive spells as well. Chancing upon the apparent dwelling of the
illusionists, the following items are discovered, treasures of gold and gems worth 3,000
gold.

Is anyone free or bored in this game? If so then let me know. I could use some help against the HA-UN-PA-WA alliance against me. I won't last long with 4 vs 1...
-----
Send email to prototype300.alamaze@gmail.com

(01-27-2015, 07:07 PM)unclemike Wrote: Is anyone free or bored in this game? If so then let me know. I could use some help against the HA-UN-PA-WA alliance against me. I won't last long with 4 vs 1...
-----
Send email to prototype300.alamaze@gmail.com

(UN) Why would you say such a thing?
I have joined no alliance, have never spoken with the PA or the WA and only talked to the HA about pop centers in Runnimede.
The only thing I have ever done against you is defend myself when you came into Runnimede and attacked me.
Please don't cry wolf to the forum; there is no such alliance.
Your groups are in Runnimede wiping my pop centers when I never did anything to you; sorry, no sympathy here.

(01-27-2015, 07:45 PM)VballMichael Wrote: [quote pid='26432' dateline='1422385676']
(UN) Why would you say such a thing?
I have joined no alliance, have never spoken with the PA or the WA and only talked to the HA about pop centers in Runnimede.
The only thing I have ever done against you is defend myself when you came into Runnimede and attacked me.
Please don't cry wolf to the forum; there is no such alliance.
Your groups are in Runnimede wiping my pop centers when I never did anything to you; sorry, no sympathy here.

[/quote]

Well, all you have to do is look back at your previous turns in this game. You'll see that you voted against my issue on the council (turn 10), probably was the one that stole gold from me, took my city in 7 from me, and assassinated my guys since then, and now, you're saying that you didn't start anything Smile