Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emissary Move Cost
Here's a change I think should be made. Many of us experienced players will send out an emissary to an unknown spot because if it's vacant, they will bounce back at no cost. At worst, it's a free recon and order burn. But it's not logical.
Consider this - the cost of an emissary moving goes to hiring the transport, uprooting all their hangers-on and such. While it's true that the costs associated with setting up in a new pop center would not be present (getting a room at the fancy inn, procuring food, hiring prostitutes, etc.) would not happen, you'd have double the cost of paying the caravan guards, feeding the horses and such. Now that the order checker saves us much time, it does leave us enough to make sure we enter the correct pop center info. I think it's only right that all 350 orders burn the emissary cost, even failed ones.

Agreed 100%
-This Khal Drogo, it's said he has a hundred thousand men in his horde

(01-17-2015, 04:18 PM)Drogo Wrote: Agreed 100%

If Ry Vor approves of it, it'll take me less than a minute to make the change...

(01-17-2015, 04:26 PM)unclemike Wrote:
(01-17-2015, 04:18 PM)Drogo Wrote: Agreed 100%

If Ry Vor approves of it, it'll take me less than a minute to make the change...

Approved.  Thanks for revealing that - it was never the intention.

are you trying to apply logic. I agree emmies should cost no matter what they do. In 300 UN GN and DW do not get paid for doing what they get paid for from others. wouldn't it make since that they have a lower cost to do these upgrading and agent trainings. They effectively are cutting the red tape, have all the material and skills at whole sale.

(01-17-2015, 01:36 PM)DuPont Wrote: Here's a change I think should be made. Many of us experienced players will send out an emissary to an unknown spot because if it's vacant, they will bounce back at no cost. At worst, it's a free recon and order burn. But it's not logical.
Consider this - the cost of an emissary moving goes to hiring the transport, uprooting all their hangers-on and such. While it's true that the costs associated with setting up in a new pop center would not be present (getting a room at the fancy inn, procuring food, hiring prostitutes, etc.) would not happen, you'd have double the cost of paying the caravan guards, feeding the horses and such. Now that the order checker saves us much time, it does leave us enough to make sure we enter the correct pop center info. I think it's only right that all 350 orders burn the emissary cost, even failed ones.

A proper emissary caravan should definitely hire prostitutes for the duration of the travel whether there is ultimately a popcenter located or not!  There is no doubt in my mind that part of encouraging either a rebellion or usurpation entails such entertainment/diversion/information gathering!  After all, can one truly trust the local talent? Undecided
Lord Thanatos