Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#300 - Experimental
That is a lot of stuff, People.

Does the Black Dragon now have the ability to get a Phoenix Brigade from the Fire of the Void?

Oracle of the Old Gods. Hmmm........

(12-01-2014, 04:24 AM)Ry Vor Wrote: That is a lot of stuff, People.

Does the Black Dragon now have the ability to get a Phoenix Brigade from the Fire of the Void?

Oracle of the Old Gods. Hmmm........

Yep but the BL isn't in game 300 so I can't see it in action. I made up some combat values for the phoenix brigade and will change it when I receive your official version.

Also, I couldn't use order 796 for the Oracle of the Old Gods' ability to divine artifact locations because that's a spell (learn artifact power). I changed that to order 794. So the Oracle may issue two orders: 791 (divine artifact names) and 794 (divine artifact locations).

Yes, the Oracle of the Old Gods is sort of like an indestructible but limited High Priestess, focused on artifacts exclusively.

We could let the Nomad get the Phoenix Brigade just to make sure it works ok.

If Rick wants, I can do something really cool with the Phoenix brigade. Like for it to automatically respawn at some point or in an inactive group at the capital. That would really screw with the players, muhahaha...

Tell you what, let's put 5 brigades Phoenix in the 1st Nomad. I guarantee that I'll use them to attack the Giant and then we can all read the results for empirical evidence on how they affect the game.

(12-01-2014, 04:12 AM)unclemike Wrote: FYI, over the weekend I was able to finish End of 2nd Cycle changes to the game. These changes will be active starting with your turn 4 orders due this Tuesday Dec 2.

To the new game engine, I added:
• 170/171 changes
• Acuity (never surprised) - acts as an automatic entrenchment for some kingdoms that have this special ability (Rangers, Black Dragons, Red Dragons)
• Changed Evade to order # 118 (since 119 is 1st cycle Thermopylae Stand)
• Entrenchment now carries a permanent -5% morale loss (not just during battles)
• Dead/missing figures processed (for order 510 unique name)
• Kingdom setups (+50% combat in certain terrains, flight has +20% vs pc, ...etc.) -- I already sent out new kingdom setups for those that had anything changed.
• Artifact changes (added Oracle of the Old Gods, minor tweaks in combat/encounters)

To the order checker, I added the above plus:
• 299 guard prisoner
• 353 transfer prisoner
• parses prisoners from previous turn's results file
• parses dead/missing from previous turn's results file
• 700-series transfer/combine orders (no gold for combines nor morale loss for late transfer orders)

The above ended up being more work than I thought but everything is up to date now. Onto something else...

Great job, UM. Question: Are these changes/updates just valid for game 300 or are they now in play across all games?

(12-01-2014, 08:45 PM)wfrankenhoff Wrote: Great job, UM. Question: Are these changes/updates just valid for game 300 or are they now in play across all games?

All of the new changes that I'm making only applies to the new game engine that I'm developing under Rick's supervision so only game 300 at this point. Will start a second Alpha test at some point if game 300 goes smoothly.

(12-01-2014, 05:51 PM)Acererak Wrote: Tell you what, let's put 5 brigades Phoenix in the 1st Nomad. I guarantee that I'll use them to attack the Giant and then we can all read the results for empirical evidence on how they affect the game.

Well, from you sir, I take that as the highest compliment.........Tongue

NOW, may I have my way with your woman? Once you go giant, your never after compliant......o-:E

Of course, once you go dragon, your forever after draggin'.......Big Grin

Turn 4 sent out on time. Let me know of any issues.