Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
alamaze rules wiki?
Well, I was apparently installing the wiki software, while Rick was posting here.

If you want it on that server, then someone else will have to do it. I installed it to the kingdomsofarcania.net web hosting account.

http://kingdomsofarcania.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

There's no point in building it on one, and then having to re-do it elsewhere.

I copied and pasted a few paragraphs, just so that you could tell that you are at the right location.

I am about to go to bed, but as you get opportunity, check out the Alamaze Wiki, as it presently stands.

Maximus! You are the High Sorceror Witch Demon Dragon Underking!

I will start populating pages as time permits, and I encourage other players to do the same!

I have a question and that's about how much information should be on the Wiki. For example, if I were to do an entry on the BL, would it be too much to say; "The BL typically starts with it's capital being a town in the Southern Sands in a mountain square, a town in Arcania, a village in the Southern Sands and a village in Amberland"?

(07-21-2014, 04:45 PM)DuPont Wrote: I have a question and that's about how much information should be on the Wiki. For example, if I were to do an entry on the BL, would it be too much to say; "The BL typically starts with it's capital being a town in the Southern Sands in a mountain square, a town in Arcania, a village in the Southern Sands and a village in Amberland"?

I would say, if EVERYONE has the info, then everyone is on the same page. No harm no foul.
Podium player returning to the conflict!

I would agree with The Usurper here. The more info the better, as it levels the playing field. The winner should win because of skill, not because he/she knows more than the other players.
-The Deliverer

Here is my suggestion for how the Alamaze Wiki should be done, based upon my experience with the PBM Wiki, and what I've learned from that whole affair.

Any game can - and likely will - generate a lot of information. Alamaze is no different, in that regard. Part of the challenge is how to display the accumulated data.

At the moment,as far as having a set of rules for the game accessible in wiki format, I'm just trying to get a set of rules up and accessible. Hopefully, I will finish that basic task sometime later, tonight.

BUT...the rules, themselves, should not be displayed on the main wiki page. Rather, a link that says Rules or Rulebook or something similar should be on that main page/front page of the Alamaze Wiki, and then the rules should be accessible off that main link. There should be at least two sets of rules - one broken into segments, for each section of the rulebook, and the other as one long, continuous page, to facilitate rapid electronic searches of the rules, for those who prefer to perform searches that way, instead.

There can also be a section accessible from the main page for Advice. Additional sections can be added, as desired or as necessary, such as a Strategy section, a Tactics section, or even a Roleplaying section. Pretty much whatever benefits the players and/or the game. You can even have a Players section.

Sort of like so:

One of the things that I think that Rick McDowell will like best about having an Alamaze Wiki is that it will provide him a functional mechanism to reincorporate a lot of the information about the game from the old Pegasus Productions website, back when Rick's brother, Phil, ran the game. It will take some time, of course, for all of the relevant info from that old site that is still available via The Wayback Machine to get added to the Alamaze Wiki, but once it is finished, I think that it will add a notable measure of depth to the wiki.

A link to the Alamaze Wiki has been added to the very top of the Alamaze forum index.

Well, it appears that the first spam accounts for the Alamaze Wiki have been created.

You want account creation turned off for it, Rick?