Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you want to see in Valhalla?
(07-09-2014, 03:05 PM)Lord Diamond Wrote: Thanks, everyone. Cipher is working on getting the details for all the games, so I won't need anything from you. I have taken note of everything here and most of it is easy to do.

I also agree that it should be updated with every game finish or close thereof. We are working on sonething that is sustainable and very easy to update.

Stay tuned!

Thanks for all your work!!
Podium player returning to the conflict!

As we are building Valhalla, an interesting dilemma has arisen. There are some Titan games, and possibly Warlords, that ended before turn 6 and no status points were awarded. Should these be counted as genuine games? How do I know who won? Or should these be considered non-games because they were so quick?

Or should I go to the players, or the Forums, to determine who got the win? I welcome your feedback.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

Honestly, I believe ONLY individual games should be counted toward Valhalla. Not Magic, not Titan, not Warlords.

If that is why Dusci has the commanding point lead, I'll never even look at that chart again.

If your going to add those games to the mix, I would rather you created different Valhalla's for those types of games.

Yes, to date, all Valhalla status points you see are from Classic games, meaning 1 player / 1 kingdom and at least 12 kingdoms.

I think if Diamond adds something, which we probably should do, Warlords and Titan and maybe Primeval would have their own lists.

Lord Diamond has been working hard and I am sure is anxious to share the update soon. Hail Lord Diamond, he who has become Keeper of the Valhalla Scrolls!

(07-10-2014, 12:39 AM)Lord Diamond Wrote: As we are building Valhalla, an interesting dilemma has arisen. There are some Titan games, and possibly Warlords, that ended before turn 6 and no status points were awarded. Should these be counted as genuine games? How do I know who won? Or should these be considered non-games because they were so quick?

Or should I go to the players, or the Forums, to determine who got the win? I welcome your feedback.

For Titan games points really mean nothing it is all about wins and losses and maybe winning %. Games that ended before turn 6 were actually a more dominate win and for sure should be counted. Other stats would be cool but very hard to track. Regions blocked from control would be a cool stat but very subjective.

(07-10-2014, 12:47 AM)The Usurper Wrote: Honestly, I believe ONLY individual games should be counted toward Valhalla. Not Magic, not Titan, not Warlords.

If that is why Dusci has the commanding point lead, I'll never even look at that chart again.

If your going to add those games to the mix, I would rather you created different Valhalla's for those types of games.

A few things:
1) It's Dusi. The C is not only silent, it's hiding.
2) I think Wynand and/or Thalion are far beyond me at this point.
3) I'm also pretty good at titan and warlords (but MAN do I stink at primeval), but Valhalla reflects only my individual triumphs.
-The Deliverer

(07-10-2014, 02:18 AM)kevindusi Wrote:
(07-10-2014, 12:47 AM)The Usurper Wrote: Honestly, I believe ONLY individual games should be counted toward Valhalla. Not Magic, not Titan, not Warlords.

A few things:
1) It's Dusi. The C is not only silent, it's hiding.
2) I think Wynand and/or Thalion are far beyond me at this point.
3) I'm also pretty good at titan and warlords (but MAN do I stink at primeval), but Valhalla reflects only my individual triumphs.

WOW, well then lets hope you are not in any of my Anon games Smile Well done Sir!!

If I am, you're holding your own! Nobody is running away with anything, that's for sure!
-The Deliverer

Warlords, Titan, and Primeval games will have their own sections. Only 12-15 player games will count towards the main section. There is no need to worry about the content. Trust me, we have this!

Every game gets recorded somewhere and the question was whether or not those with zero status points should count at all. I can count them, but I'm not sure that I should. Is it a real game if someone concedes on turn 5? That is an actual question, as I have never played Titan.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

(07-10-2014, 12:05 PM)Lord Diamond Wrote: Warlords, Titan, and Primeval games will have their own sections. Only 12-15 player games will count towards the main section. There is no need to worry about the content. Trust me, we have this!

Every game gets recorded somewhere and the question was whether or not those with zero status points should count at all. I can count them, but I'm not sure that I should. Is it a real game if someone concedes on turn 5? That is an actual question, as I have never played Titan.

If a DuPont falls in a titan on turn 4, does he make a sound? In my experience, not really.

Generally by turn 6 in a titan you either have a really good game, or someone is being smoked. The smokee often can see the writing on the wall and decides that he needs to throw it in. Since all that is happening is delaying the inevitable turn 10+ victory, I would say that still counts as a W.
-The Deliverer