Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Artifact: Horn of the Intrepid
"ORNATE OBSIDIAN HORN, THE HORN OF THE INTREPID, AN ARTIFACT WHICH WILL ADD 2,500 TO THE DEFENSE OF THE POPULATION CENTER IT IS LOCATED IN, JUST BEFORE IT IS ATTACKED."

With today's mega Armies rolling around, can we make this artifact a bit more potent?

"ORNATE OBSIDIAN HORN, THE HORN OF THE INTREPID, AN ARTIFACT WHICH WILL ADD 12,500 TO THE DEFENSE OF THE POPULATION CENTER IT IS LOCATED IN, JUST BEFORE IT IS ATTACKED."

Now that would make it something worth wanting.

If I knew the location of this artifact as is, I wouldn't even risk a Captain or an order, trying to get it. Smile
Podium player returning to the conflict!

It should work double vs 170/171. Kind of hard to get your point across with someone blowing a battle horn in your ear.

With the changes envisioned to 170/171 as well as upcoming limitations to 565 orders, I think 2500 is about right. 12,500 would be excessive to the extreme.

(07-09-2014, 07:40 AM)wfrankenhoff Wrote: With the changes envisioned to 170/171 as well as upcoming limitations to 565 orders, I think 2500 is about right. 12,500 would be excessive to the extreme.

To the extreme to the max, dude?
-The Deliverer

This is the lamest artifact in the game. It is exactly one 'Strengthen Walls' spell.

It could be made awesome by having it also give a bonus to improving the status quo. Even the ability of a 12 influence baron would make it worth having.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

(07-09-2014, 07:40 AM)wfrankenhoff Wrote: With the changes envisioned to 170/171 as well as upcoming limitations to 565 orders, I think 2500 is about right. 12,500 would be excessive to the extreme.

Is about right? I just snorted my morning tea out of my nose.!

Seriously though I'm not funning you, but that is funny Smile

And when I say 12500, what I should have said was: It should be a better artifact Smile

I wasn't disputing that fact it's a...weak artifact in the current incarnation of Alamaze. Just pointing out that 12,500 would be a bit much in the new version where 170/171 will be weakened as will militaries. 12,500 would, essentially, make a regular town into a city in a format where taking towns/cities will already be significantly more difficult. I can see 5,000...giving a regular town the defenses of a capital town.

That said, it makes no difference in Warlords and--for individual games--people will snag it just for the status points.

See, there we go, you think it sucks too. 5000 would not be bad Smile

Yeah, I just picked this up in a game. Random encounter, certainly didn't go looking for it. The gold and experience I got collecting it was worth more to me than the horn itself. I would think that it should at least be boosted to a 7,500 bonus. As it is, it's hardly worth the order to transfer it to one of my pop centers.

Why not make it like a 601 spell to be used once per turn. If you want to limit it require it be in the hands of a group/leader