Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gi Brig Strength?
Doesn't he start with like 6 and get 1 more at turn 5? Or is he counting Wyverns?

Both those positions have the specialized troops Jumbie. Typically both will begin recruiting Ogres/Wyverns out the gate.

We each had 5 kingdom brigs. 7 wyverns 8 ogres. I took a risk and used fire strike and defended at a one. He killed 100 dragons and I kille 500 giants. He got a morale boost, I lost morale. Then he threatened my city and lost 1500 giants.... Ouch. That's 5 brigs aprox.

(04-27-2013, 08:25 AM)bluefile2 Wrote: We each had 5 kingdom brigs. 7 wyverns 8 ogres. I took a risk and used fire strike and defended at a one. He killed 100 dragons and I kille 500 giants. He got a morale boost, I lost morale. Then he threatened my city and lost 1500 giants.... Ouch. That's 5 brigs aprox.

Try 1/2 a brigade

Quote:Each Stone Giant full strength brigade consists of the following troops:
400 Stone Giants. Very powerful in all phases.

Each brigade of Ogres, which may be recruited from mountain areas, consists of:
1800 Ogres. Better than Veterans in combat, especially in close quarters

Seems like whether he lost Giants or Ogres makes a difference to the Brigade count.

(04-27-2013, 01:52 PM)Jumbie Wrote:

Seems like whether he lost Giants or Ogres makes a difference to the Brigade count.

Actually, it wasn't even a 1/2 brigade loss.

5 GI brigs x 400 troops = 2,000
8 OG brigs x 1800 troops = 14,400
16,400 troops total

Lost combined 2,000 in both battles: 2,000 / 16,400 = 12%

So no brigs lost, morale boosts from winning both battles more than compensated the attrition. What surprised me was the battle report on the BL morale loss:

GREAT IS THE DESPAIR AND MELANCHOLY WITHIN THE BLACK DRAGON AS A RESULT OF THEIR SUBSTANTIAL LOSSES AND CRUSHING DEFEAT: THEIR MORALE HAS SUFFERED SERIOUSLY.

Even more surprising was that the threaten on the city afterwards didn't go thru peacefully. I outnumbered the city's defenses by more than 3:1 (including the multi-battle penalty 15%) and it went to combat. Never had that before.

(04-27-2013, 02:18 PM)unclemike Wrote:
(04-27-2013, 01:52 PM)Jumbie Wrote:

Actually, it wasn't even a 1/2 brigade loss.

5 GI brigs x 400 troops = 2,000
8 OG brigs x 1800 troops = 14,400
16,400 troops total

Lost combined 2,000 in both battles: 2,000 / 16,400 = 12%

So no brigs lost, morale boosts from winning both battles more than compensated the attrition. What surprised me was the battle report on the BL morale loss:

GREAT IS THE DESPAIR AND MELANCHOLY WITHIN THE BLACK DRAGON AS A RESULT OF THEIR SUBSTANTIAL LOSSES AND CRUSHING DEFEAT: THEIR MORALE HAS SUFFERED SERIOUSLY.

Even more surprising was that the threaten on the city afterwards didn't go thru peacefully. I outnumbered the city's defenses by more than 3:1 (including the multi-battle penalty 15%) and it went to combat. Never had that before.

In a tolerant region I would think 3 to 1 should take it.

I hope you don't mind that I take the city back this turn?

Cities are supposed to be harder to claim, taking into acct the controlling power's regional reaction as well.

We can place a wager on in?