Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playtesters Wanted For Experimental Game
Need 15 players to test the new Alamaze/Kingdoms of Arcania game engine. This game is FREE and does NOT count towards your account limit.

This experimental game is an early Alpha test with the purpose to test the orders, spells, and general operation of the game. The first few turns will be conducted manually by myself but the game will eventually be fully automated. So only sign up for this game if you're able to get your orders done on time since I need your help in testing the software (which won't happen if you miss turns).

If the general test goes well, the following Beta test will incorporate the official Alamaze combat algorithms and other standards associated with the game. If that test goes well then the new game engine will become available for everyone as a fully automated system (much like Fall of Rome).

Some notes for this early Alpha test:
1) Use the order checker to submit your orders
2) Initial results files will be text formatted that will eventually be converted into PDF
3) There may be some delays in getting your results since this software has not been fully tested
4) The following new orders and spells are already incorporated into the game which may undergo changes based upon Rick's approval

New Features:
- Each region has a random 0-3 cities so you will need to find them on the map (none are predefined)
- Initial location for a kingdom's capital is at a random location on the map (so don't always expect to find the Giant's capital at a mountain - it can be anywhere now)
- Initial season (turn 0) will be Early Spring. Each game will start with a random season moving forward.
- There is no double Hostile as a regional reaction. May incorporate Fall of Rome's regional reactions during testing.

New Spells:
- Ice Torrent (Spell # 112): 1500 damage/level (Column C blank if vs pop center or specify group ID)
- Acid Rain (Spell # 113): 1800 damage/level
- Prismatic Rays (Spell # 114): 2500 damage/level plus 10% morale loss from daze
- Disintegrate (Spell # 115): 3000 damage/level plus 20% morale loss from demoralizing effect
- Cry of the Banshee (Spell # 97): high powered Kill Leader/Wizard spell that the Protect Leaders spell does not counter
- Lichform (Spell # 871): permanent pwr-7 wizard
- Unveil Pop Centers (Spell # 751): new part of this existing spell is to specify the letter C in Column C for cities.

New Orders:
- Hire Emissary (Order # 510): new part of this existing order is that if no name is specified in Column B, a random and unique name will be provided for the figure
- Create New Group (Order # 505): creates a new inactive group at your capital (Column A is new group number, does not have to be sequential - may create group 325 then 112 depending upon how you want to organize your forces as groups 200-299 in Oakendell or such) [THIS ORDER IS CURRENTLY DISABLED BUT MAY BE ALLOWED DURING TESTING]
- Enhanced Sea Power Capabilities (Order # 630): Ships may be equipped with special abilities. Specify the first letter of the sea in Column A and the appropriate enhancement code in Column B:

Enhancement___________Column B_________Bonus___________Cost
Greek Fire________________G__________+10% attack_______15,000 gold
Ramming Head____________R___________+5% attack________8,000 gold
Cannons_________________C__________+20% attack_______35,000 gold
Reinforced Hulls___________H__________+10% defense______12,000 gold
Admiral Maneuvers_________A__________+25% defense______40,000 gold

Once purchased, the sea enhancement remains throughout the game. Orders 755/975 will display the seapower enhancements on the respective divination/recon report.

To sign up for this game, specify which kingdom that you want to play in your forum post. This game may be diplomatic or anonymous based upon the players' group decision. Either is fine with me, I just need players since I don't have the time to test the software myself. If enough people sign up in time, I would like to start the game on Friday (Nov 7).

Messages In This Thread
Playtesters Wanted For Experimental Game - by unclemike - 11-02-2014, 06:27 AM
RE: Playtesters Wanted For Experimental Game - by Acererak - 11-03-2014, 03:16 PM
RE: Playtesters Wanted For Experimental Game - by Acererak - 11-03-2014, 05:21 PM
RE: Playtesters Wanted For Experimental Game - by Acererak - 11-03-2014, 05:52 PM
RE: Playtesters Wanted For Experimental Game - by Acererak - 11-03-2014, 10:39 PM
RE: Playtesters Wanted For Experimental Game - by Acererak - 11-11-2014, 11:48 PM
RE: Playtesters Wanted For Experimental Game - by Acererak - 11-14-2014, 05:09 PM
RE: Playtesters Wanted For Experimental Game - by Acererak - 11-14-2014, 07:52 PM