Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Terrain Type for 3rd?
(04-20-2014, 10:20 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: Fleets will have a much bigger role in the first scenario of 3rd Cycle - Sea Power rules will be enhanced.

Islands would serve mainly as a kind of bridge between land areas separated by only a single sea area, in certain cases. But deep seas still require sea power. There might be something like the Hawaiian Islands, or Philippines, so that the map may represent a contiguous area of say 6 areas, without having to have a block of land, so actually amplifying seapower in that navies can be in any island area as well as sea areas. Yes, I believe navies (the total of fleets in any one sea) will be deployed to areas as are armies.

This might be cool. If used, I think it should require the army to stop on the 'island' and not be able to continue across in the same turn unless using fleets. This will have nearly the same effect that Hawk suggests, allowing the island to become strategically important. Imagine hostile kingdoms constantly fighting for control of the area regardless of whether or not it has a pc.

I am now enthusiastic about the idea.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

Messages In This Thread
New Terrain Type for 3rd? - by Ry Vor - 04-19-2014, 10:54 PM
RE: New Terrain Type for 3rd? - by Lord Diamond - 04-20-2014, 08:50 PM
RE: New Terrain Type for 3rd? - by Ry Vor - 04-20-2014, 10:20 PM
RE: New Terrain Type for 3rd? - by Hawk_ - 04-20-2014, 10:55 PM
RE: New Terrain Type for 3rd? - by Lord Diamond - 04-21-2014, 08:33 AM