Poll: What should be the Standard Victory Condition?
This poll is closed.
As is - Control 5 regions
8.70%
2 8.70%
Control 4 regions
60.87%
14 60.87%
Control 3 regions for 2 turns
30.43%
7 30.43%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potential New Standard Victory Condition
(11-08-2013, 12:09 PM)HeadHoncho Wrote: But why wouldn't the same apply for someone trying to take four regions? Realistically, people start getting targets on their heads as soon as they take a SECOND region, much less a third.

I think four regions is as insurmountable a goal for standard victory as five regions. Anyone who has a SVC of substantial in four will take their SVC before someone can control four regions.

Well, we could ask the question has any one gotten 4 regions since the new games has started. As the Westmen in a game number I can't remember I won with standard victory as I took 2 regions in one turn due to my tremendous influenced and massive number of emissaries.

Taking 3 and holding for 3 is a much different animal then taking 4. Everyone knows the game will be over in three turns, they MUST act.

The question was which do you think is better, And since eliminate standard victory conditions was not an option I went with 4 :)
I did learn one thing from my "mentor".

Messages In This Thread
RE: Potential New Standard Victory Condition - by Wynterbreeze - 11-08-2013, 12:58 PM