Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#158 - Primeval 3 v 3, East vs West
(01-17-2015, 02:05 AM)Panda Wrote: Would you guys be interested in starting another with our guys on the west and you guys on the east?

Fun + thorough playtest for Rick.

BTW Mister Troll = we are not being mean to you because you are new  -we are beingmean to you because the TR is scary.

Also I like pie.

No, 1 kingdom gets 2 regions by turn 5? Some extreme advantage there. If you know where the pc's are why do we even have a HP rule? I know, knowing where pc's are because you played a lot is not breaking any rules but what's the point with that advantage? It was not a game defeat but a knowledge of pc locations defeat before the game even started, that's a big advantage. Was looking forward to some battles but geez what a waste of time and money, no more team games for me, too much of a chance this happening again.

We are deciding if we are going to resign...3 regions on turn 7 by one Kingdom?????? LOL not even funny.

Ranger,
Our team has been sharing turns from the beginning and I can personally attest to no hidden knowledge other than perhaps knowing generally where capitals pop-up.  
I put our game play down to excellent cooperation and communication.  
Nuff said.  
I am the greatest swordsman that ever lived. Say, um, can I have some of that water?

This just sounds like something I used to hear back on the block when something wasn't going someone's way.  

I thought this was a game for adults.
I am the greatest swordsman that ever lived. Say, um, can I have some of that water?

(01-17-2015, 02:37 AM)Madmardigan Wrote: This just sounds like something I used to hear back on the block when something wasn't going someone's way.  

I thought this was a game for adults.

Mad ask your RA he will tell you different, RA and I already had a discussion on this subject, sorry I did not know I had to explain it to you, must be another rule I was unaware of. You are clueless on this so please stay out of it. Save the baiting for another fish.

Mad not sure if I read that correctly but if your insinuation that ranger has 3 regions on turn 7 is excellent team play not sure I appreciate your opinion. Your team has played well but please don't insinuate that 3 regions for RA was a synergistic achievement.
Lord Alz - "Jeff"
Arch Mage of the Ancient Ones

Guys,

I'm not trying to be insulting, but I can not abide it when people get accused of cheating, having too much 'inside' information or whatever.
Please.

Ranger, I do know what you are getting at and I will not stay out of it.  You sound like some of the students I deal with on a daily basis.  Get over it. 

Lord Alz, apologies for any misunderstandings.  I never meant offense.  

I agree with Panda.  Let's start again or play on a field similar to what is currently going on in 300 where pop centers are totally randomized.  Then true game play will shine.  

Mad

Folks,

I think the fault is mine.  Games of this sort - East vs. West, Primeval, need to be balanced in experience, and the RA player, Jumpingfist is a player not many in the Top 10 Alamaze players can stand up to. 

I would like to see most of you sign up for the new East vs. West and we'll do that with no player in the Top 30 in Valhalla.  We do have several new players in the last couple weeks.

It's not really an issue of players knowing where the PC's are, they don't.  But there are some things that are in the current version, such as the Gnome might always have his capital in Runnimede and it might presently always be in Mountains.  So, to that extent, there is an experience advantage.

But I don't think we've had players playing Alamaze for nearly a generation because its rigged.  Just think, if I was a chess master, and you were just learning the game, would you think it unfair or rigged because I know 20 different openings through 12 moves through my experience, and you might not know any of them past move 4? That I might always be looking for discovered check opportunities, and you might know what those are?

The unfairness is in experience, and from that, expertise.  I want to make sure especially smaller player base games like Primeval and E v W, etc, are matching similar experienced players and so that will benefit all.

I'll give any new player by that definition of no more than 3 Alamaze games or <10k Valhalla points that played in #158 a free setup in the newly forming East vs. West.  Post on the thread to sign up and send reminder to signup on the credit. 

(01-17-2015, 03:34 AM)Ry Vor Wrote: Folks,

I think the fault is mine.  Games of this sort - East vs. West, Primeval, need to be balanced in experience, and the RA player, Jumpingfist is a player not many in the Top 10 Alamaze players can stand up to. 

I would like to see most of you sign up for the new East vs. West and we'll do that with no player in the Top 30 in Valhalla.  We do have several new players in the last couple weeks.

It's not really an issue of players knowing where the PC's are, they don't.  But there are some things that are in the current version, such as the Gnome might always have his capital in Runnimede and it might presently always be in Mountains.  So, to that extent, there is an experience advantage.

But I don't think we've had players playing Alamaze for nearly a generation because its rigged.  Just think, if I was a chess master, and you were just learning the game, would you think it unfair or rigged because I know 20 different openings through 12 moves through my experience, and you might not know any of them past move 4?  That I might always be looking for discovered check opportunities, and you might not know what those are?

The unfairness is in experience, and from that, expertise.  I want to make sure especially smaller player base games like Primeval and E v W, etc, are matching similar experienced players and so that will benefit all.

I'll give any new player by that definition of no more than 3 Alamaze games or <10k Valhalla points that played in #158 a free setup in the newly forming East vs. West.  Post on the thread to sign up and send reminder to signup on the credit. 

Very generous RyVor, no one is mad. I talked with Jumping Fist privately, we know what happened, its not a cheating thing or anything, its just experience and knowing where "things might be"  Mad man too, all is good.

(01-17-2015, 04:06 AM)Airborne Ranger Wrote:
(01-17-2015, 03:34 AM)Ry Vor Wrote: Folks,

But I don't think we've had players playing Alamaze for nearly a generation because its rigged.  Just think, if I was a chess master, and you were just learning the game, would you think it unfair or rigged because I know 20 different openings through 12 moves through my experience, and you might not know any of them past move 4?  That I might always be looking for discovered check opportunities, and you might not know what those are?

Very generous RyVor, no one is mad. I talked with Jumping Fist privately, we know what happened, its not a cheating thing or anything, its just experience and knowing where "things might be"  Mad man too, all is good.
I agree with Airborne and would just like to add my apologies to Airborne for any comments I made in haste. 
Should we consider this game concluded or play it out?

Let me at least go through the thought process and not only how it is possible but actually rather likely to have the two regions as the Ranger happen.

When I approach a primeval type game I play similar to a Titan match. I take the kid glove off and play very aggressive. Meaning I am not going to be casting invisible for my wizards in combat, I am not going to scout where my emissaries are going I am going to try and claim as many resources as possible as fast as possible until I start mixing it up with the enemy.

The RA has incredible reaction levels which make it very possible to become friendly quickly in multiple regions. RA also has more than a full court full of emissaries which includes 4 at count level or above meaning he can take multiple cities in friendly regions

Turn 1 I am already looking where my second region will be based on my set up the best choice is R10 sometimes the capital and secondary town in R10 could be set so R8 is the better choice. My secondary town started just below the upper R10 mountain range. Knowing the BL capital starts somewhere in the mountains I purposely moved through two of the mountain squares in R10 vs taking the less movement point of one plains and one mountain. I split off a patrol from my main group to add additional scouting in R9 with my groups. Most my groups forced marched because gaining the region is huge at this early stage. Other things for turn 1 basic stuff like enamor to friendly set 991(which I would not do now that it can wait). I trained both lvl 3 agents to lvl 4 for future scouting. I moved two emmies into the city to both take it for extra gold I know I would need on T3 but also give me two emmies I could use to help start taking R10. I a standing order to recon a the city in R8 UM, this was done kind of as a early warning to see what the GN was up to. Instead of using my P1 wizards to 888 I decided to blindly send two emmies capable of taking a town to a couple locations in the sea of drowning. I like to do this because if they go where no PC is they will just bounce back at no cost and you effectively scout no PC. So in the End of turn 1 I had effectively scout 22 squares in R9 and 2 squares in R10. I had three groups on the T row bordering R10 and one on the S row, all ready to swarm R10 if I found enough PCs in R9 for control. I found 1 town and 3 villages in R9 and 1 village in R10. Knowing the boarder between regions well it was easy for me to know which were in which region. Adding it up I would have 1 city, 2 towns, and 4 villages in R9 by T3 I am off by a town to gain control. This is where the team effort comes I to play. The DA starts with a town in R9 and made sure to move his group off just incase I needed it. Knowing I had the city and RA capital for a sight increase in census to ensure I got the greater than 50% census needed at exacting half the expected PC points.
Things I did not do on T1 that are common but would have likely cost me the region. Sell food, train wizards, recruit troops, sell ships. My entire forum was on gaining both R9 and R10 as fast as possible.

At this point I think it should be obvious R10 would be easy to scout while emmies take control of R9 and be ready to take R10 by T5. Taking R8 by T7 was just a matter of hiring a priestess getting all the town info and moving into every one of them.