Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#300 - Experimental
(12-31-2014, 06:22 AM)Jumpingfist Wrote:
(12-31-2014, 06:17 AM)Madmardigan Wrote:
(12-31-2014, 06:13 AM)Jumpingfist Wrote: I recovered two easy artifacts this last turn.  The loot is also proportional and funny in a way.  I found some gold coins and stuff worth a total of 5000 gold in one encounter and a Huge Diamond worth 3k gold in the other.  Wondering if I uncover a hard encounter will that same Huge Diamond be worth more gold.  Or will I find multiple huge diamonds?
Come on Jumpingfist, share some more than just two easy artifacts.  What was the encounter like?  Baddies?  

Okie okie. Sorry have done so many of these things that I just glance to the bottom and look who died and what I got.  Will post when at my home PC where I can can cut and past easier.
Gracias amigo
I am the greatest swordsman that ever lived. Say, um, can I have some of that water?

(12-31-2014, 06:13 AM)Jumpingfist Wrote: I recovered two easy artifacts this last turn.  The loot is also proportional and funny in a way.  I found some gold coins and stuff worth a total of 5000 gold in one encounter and a Huge Diamond worth 3k gold in the other.  Wondering if I uncover a hard encounter will that same Huge Diamond be worth more gold.  Or will I find multiple huge diamonds?

Gold reward from encounters are random and limited in range based upon artifact/encounter difficulty level.

Some encounters as requested
Reconnaisance of unusual sighting in area CL by a patrol of the Witchlord:
Wizard Grolig (Power-x) offered only a portion of his magic to the patrol's efforts as he
decided to cast a guarded attack spell and protect himself from the unknown. Wizard
Qualiar (Power-x) decided to stay behind in camp and will not be a factor in assisting the
patrol. Wizard Rasphano (Power-x) decided to stay behind in camp and will not be a factor
in assisting the patrol. A patrol consisting of General Janner, Captain II Stohand,
Captain I Sirimat, Power-x Wizard Grolig and a dozen hand-picked troops rode ahead to
investigate the sighting. It had been decided that there would be no plan to retreat. The
patrol was willing to take great risks to uncover what might be secreted ahead. In the
distance of this bleak landscape is seen a grove of palm trees. As the patrol draws near
they are gladden as they gawk at this peaceful setting complete with a large crystal clear
pool that promises to quench their parched bodies. A ruby stone structure of 50' in length
and 40' elevation. In the center of the facing side is an opening 20' feet in width.
carefully approaching the entrance the patrol can now see the central hall that runs for
approximately 65' with various doors on either side. progressing three abreast the company
moves to the first door. From seemingly out of no where leap four large tigers. each of
the beasts have a protective metal collar with spikes and the largest has a band of armor
shielding his mid-section. The patrol quickly assumes a battle stance. In the first
moments of battle 4 warriors were slain by this fiendish enemy. Now the patrol's leaders
fought with their full abilities. The melee was violently intense. both noble heroes
fought without fear and gave courage to the remaining troops. The tigers clearly proved an
exceptionally deadly adversary. The battle raged on, furiously contested for what seemed
hours. Without a wizard present, the force seemed at a disadvantage. Teeth slashing and
claws tearing still more warriors were lost forever. The next few minutes saw 5 soldiers
lose their lives, but the enemy had been weakened. Witchlord leader Captain I Sirimat was
slain in battle. The battle raged on, furiously contested for what seemed like hours. The
next few minutes saw 4 soldiers lose their lives, but the enemy had been weakened. Finally
the tigers had been destroyed. The valiant patrol was victorius. Battle over, the group
found an interesting object nearby. A Ring of Protection will give it's wearer a 20%
protection to assassination and a 50% protection to spells! This ring can be used
effectively by emissaries only and it's resistance to magic will affect possible positive
spells as well. The fierce felines now dispatched, the patrol inspect the nearby area
where they find coins and items worth 5,000 gold.

Reconnaisance of unusual sighting in area BO by a patrol of the Witchlord:
Wizard Eklar (Power-x) offered his full magical potential and risk death in order to
assist in the patrol's efforts. A patrol consisting of Marshal Belinis, Power-x Wizard
Eklar and a dozen hand-picked troops rode ahead to investigate the sighting. It had been
decided that there would be no plan to retreat. The patrol was willing to take great risks
to uncover what might be secreted ahead. After a lull in the wind, the ship containing the
crew and a handful of armed guards begins to drift upon the sea due to the strong current
and the craft traveled some distance away from its original path. Suddenly a huge serpent
head rises from the water near our hull and hisses angerly at the crew, making them
terrified of the massive creature. upon seeing this monstrosity, the patrol leaped into
action to protect the ship and her crew. in the first moments of battle, 4 warriors were
slain by this fiendish enemy. The patrol then attacked with fury. The conflict was hectic,
with one powerful snap of the creature's jaws, the serpent crushed the mast of the ship
into two. the crew became desperate, the heroes attacked with greater furiosity than ever
to save the ship or all will be lost. Witchlord Wizard Power-x Eklar was slain in battle.
The battle raged on, furiously contested for what seemed like hours. The next few minutes
saw 4 soldiers lose their lives, but the enemy had been weakened. The battle went on for
what seemed like hours exhausting all in the grueling confrontation, finally the massive
serpent's head fell upon the ship and moved no more. The patrol had prevailed. Upon
completion of the battle, the patrol uncovered a fantastic looking battle standard, The
Standard of Valor, an artifact which will significantly aid the defensive capabilities of
the group possessing it, and will significantly reduce casualties suffered in the event of
retreat. As the serpent's body was split open, a huge diamond is found worth 3,000 gold.

see do not send a wizard in even on a 2. needed the artifact to get my ESO so risked it. got a nice artifact actually with recent changes to artifact hunting Standard is nicer.

(12-31-2014, 05:08 PM)Jumpingfist Wrote: see do not send a wizard in even on a 2.  needed the artifact to get my ESO so risked it.  got a nice artifact actually with recent changes to artifact hunting Standard is nicer.

Actually, I investigated Eklar's death and you issued TAC 3, not 2. Your 4WI group had a decent rating on it's own then had a favorable die roll to the group's battle. It wasn't necessary to issue TAC 3 at all. To make matters worse, that specific encounter had a combat rating that was on the low end of the spectrum as well. Eklar could have lived...

Doh ment to do a 2. No matter was risk he got caught. I had no problem with his dying figured just a bad roll.

I think the only time I issued a 139 was to pick up an artifact on the turn the game was set to end, back when wizards didn't have status points associated with them.

Unclemike, can you give any insight to odds of leader advancement (assuming survival) on failed encounters?
-The Deliverer

See the attached.  Uncle Mike didn't have this so not likely the same in #300.  I believe Cipher has this in place for the other games.

As to unusual encounters, Mike and I have been exchanging thoughts and I'm looking to get it more like Fall of Rome, so a fine artifact is guarded by a fine guardian, an excellent artifact by an excellent guardian, a superior artifact by a superior guardian.  Players will get notice of the quality when ending movement there, or reconning, but not the specific artifact or guardian.

Attached Files
.xlsx   leader change.xlsx (Size: 11.11 KB / Downloads: 37)

(12-31-2014, 09:18 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: See the attached.  Uncle Mike didn't have this so not likely the same in #300.  I believe Cipher has this in place for the other games.

As to unusual encounters, Mike and I have been exchanging thoughts and I'm looking to get it more like Fall of Rome, so a fine artifact is guarded by a fine guardian, an excellent artifact by an excellent guardian, a superior artifact by a superior guardian.  Players will get notice of the quality when ending movement there, or reconning, but not the specific artifact or guardian.

All of these values are currently in the new game engine as part of the End of 2nd Cycle changes so we've been playing with them in game 300 for a while now. BTW, column E (top half) that displays leader death rates from pc and group battles are not the same death rates for encounters which are not shown in the chart (nor are wizard death rates) so keep that in mind.

In other to avoid confusion for some of the newer players, I've added a new row called, "Amounts From Late Sources," to the Totals Section of the kingdom's report area.

This line will contain any amount that your kingdom acquires late in the game such as agent steal orders for food/gold or ESO awards (20,000 gold). I didn't want to add these items to the Trade line above it (even though it says Trade And Other Sources) since it may confuse some people thinking they had extra food/gold to spend earlier in the turn when they actually didn't. And I didn't want to add these to the final treasury amounts since the numbers above it wouldn't add up correctly.

So I'm adding a new row called, "Amounts From Late Sources":

Description                                            Food           Gold

Beginning Amount                                 38,876         6,301

Add This Period's Production                   55,709       174,980
     Results Of Trade And Other Sources                0         18,000
                                                              -----------    -----------
           Amounts Available After Trading       94,585        199,281
      Less Military Group Consumption           -14,000       -12,600
           Available After Group Consumption    80,585       186,681
      Amounts Used Executing Orders                      0     -186,000
      Amounts From Late Sources                            0                0   <----- NEW !!!
      Food Spoilage                                      -16,117                 0
       Ending Amounts                                    64,468             681

The above change will be in your report starting with Turn 11 (due this Monday).

(12-31-2014, 09:18 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: See the attached.  Uncle Mike didn't have this so not likely the same in #300.  I believe Cipher has this in place for the other games.

It the past it seemed the kingdoms that had the big up close type troops or were just big and mean got the best leader death rate as the set-ups indicate.  Looking at the chart now.  I see the RA at the top with -35% followed by DW and EL at -25.   The GI only -15 and RD only -10.   The DA -10.   
Will the setups be changed because I am sure a lot of people issue tactic 3 with the RD thinking they actually get the benifets listed on there setup.  Why would an EL be that much different than a DA?
Is this more just a numbers game because the RD rarely looses much % of there troops so when factoring in defensive rating they end up loosing heroes much less over all?  Still do not follow difference between EL and DA

I am actually fine with any change just like to know what it means and expect it to be updated in setups or other documents so we do not suddenly find ourselves loosing our leaders.