Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recollecting Game #102
(06-20-2013, 05:11 PM)Jumbie Wrote: Kalrex,

This thread is for us outsiders to get a recap. I'm lost with you referencing battles etc without a context. We desire a narrative. What you did, in the order you did it and why.

That's what I would like to see. We want news from the Front.

Hi Folks,

I posted most of this in the active game forum, but to summarize:

At the outset of the game, I made friends with the WA, SO, RA, EL, UN, RD, BL, DW and WI! I felt that the GN, DA and TR-AN would be occupied by fighting amongst themselves or with the folks above at the outset of the campaign, and so on turn 4, I moved south into 8 with the BL....we took the entirety of the region in three or so turns, with neither of us gaining control purposely in hopes of maintaining a low profile. We invite the RA to take 3 villages to ensure the region didn't flip to one of us, while maintaining a relatively even split.

Once 8 was secure, I had a very specific plan that called for a joint campaign into region 4. I initially thought it might be with the RD or the UN after they had dealt with the GN...although it ended up being with the EL.

The TR capital fell on turn 8 to my first group (value 110K) and from there I proceed to take Meridon, followed by the AN capital. I moved a second army group to PI on turn 14 to secure substantial in region 4. I met with little resistance for the most part, thanks to EL occupying the majority of the AN's attention.

At the same, I moved emissaries into a few towns in 8 to ensure I was in a position to flip the region the same turn I diplomacied PI away from the DE....for the record, my group was large enough to attack PI (I fully expected it to be the DE capital) but it turned out (due to a missed turn from the sounds of things) that all that was required was a P-1 spell. My army, prior to engaging the PC, eliminated an 8 brigade DE group without the help of a chaos spell....and as a result, their value was higher after the attack due to only minor losses and a significant increase to moral!

The other aspects of my SFC were not very interesting (have a PC that produced 12K food, have two emissaries at Prince, etc.) or difficult.

To be honest, I attribute my victory to good allies (BL, EL, RA, SO, UN and RD) and serendipity. It's great to have a plan...but as the immortal Mike Tyson once said: "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face."

Thanks for the great game!

(06-20-2013, 10:11 PM)Wynand Wrote: Hi Folks,

I posted most of this in the active game forum, but to summarize:

At the outset of the game, I made friends with the WA, SO, RA, EL, UN, RD, BL, DW and WI! I felt that the GN, DA and TR-AN would be occupied by fighting amongst themselves or with the folks above at the outset of the campaign, and so on turn 4, I moved south into 8 with the BL....we took the entirety of the region in three or so turns, with neither of us gaining control purposely in hopes of maintaining a low profile. We invite the RA to take 3 villages to ensure the region didn't flip to one of us, while maintaining a relatively even split.

Once 8 was secure, I had a very specific plan that called for a joint campaign into region 4. I initially thought it might be with the RD or the UN after they had dealt with the GN...although it ended up being with the EL.

The TR capital fell on turn 8 to my first group (value 110K) and from there I proceed to take Meridon, followed by the AN capital. I moved a second army group to PI on turn 14 to secure substantial in region 4. I met with little resistance for the most part, thanks to EL occupying the majority of the AN's attention.

At the same, I moved emissaries into a few towns in 8 to ensure I was in a position to flip the region the same turn I diplomacied PI away from the DE....for the record, my group was large enough to attack PI (I fully expected it to be the DE capital) but it turned out (due to a missed turn from the sounds of things) that all that was required was a P-1 spell. My army, prior to engaging the PC, eliminated an 8 brigade DE group without the help of a chaos spell....and as a result, their value was higher after the attack due to only minor losses and a significant increase to moral!

The other aspects of my SFC were not very interesting (have a PC that produced 12K food, have two emissaries at Prince, etc.) or difficult.

To be honest, I attribute my victory to good allies (BL, EL, RA, SO, UN and RD) and serendipity. It's great to have a plan...but as the immortal Mike Tyson once said: "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face."

Thanks for the great game!

That is cool that you had a group worth 110K. It would be interesting to see a list of all time records in Valhalla. Stuff like highest group value, total number of artifacts, highest combined wizard levels.

Hawk, that is definitely in the works. As soon as Cipher is freed up enough to create the reports I need, we'll start on Valhalla. I want to track just about everything. There will also be titles, rankings, etc.. I know exactly what we want to do, but need that standardized report to automate it all. If Cipher can put it in a report, Valhalla will track it!
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

Game Details

Attached Files
.pdf   End of Game Details - Game 102 - 08132014.pdf (Size: 242.82 KB / Downloads: 4)
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.