Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Navy
How do you use your Navy on Turn 0? Other than knowing a fleet is posted to a certain sea, I have no details about exact location and where/how to move it/them.

Sancus

(04-01-2013, 12:32 AM)Sancus Wrote: How do you use your Navy on Turn 0? Other than knowing a fleet is posted to a certain sea, I have no details about exact location and where/how to move it/them.

Sancus

Read the rules on Fleets. They aren't in a specific area. They are considered all over that particular sea. You can use them to patrol (hoping to catch an enemy moving), you can use them to move your group across water, or you can scrap them for some late turn cash.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

are there navy battle reports available? when navy meets with archers, who fire first? can wizard fight with navy?

Naval battles occur if you Sea Patrol and intercept another navy or vice versa.

The important factors in a naval battle are # of fleets and quality of fleets.

Yes, there are battle reports. I don't have one handy atm though. Someone can hopefully get an example up-

SEA BATTLE SEA BATTLE IN THE SEA OF MYSTERY OVER WINDY SEAS:
2 FLEETS OF ELVEN GALLEYS VS. 1 FLEET OF WITCHLORD GALLEYS.
DURING THE FIRST HOUR OF BATTLE, LONG & MEDIUM RANGE CATAPULT FIRE INFLICTED MODERATE DAMAGE TO THE ELVEN NAVY AND DEVASTATING DAMAGE TO THE WITCHLORD GALLEYS. AS THE FORCES DREW NEAR, BALLISTAS, FIRE ARROWS AND GRAPPLING MISSILES CAUSED NEGLIGIBLE LOSSES TO THE ELVEN GALLEYS AND NEGLIGIBLE LOSSES TO THE WITCHLORD SHIPS. WHEN THE NAVIES CLASHED AT CLOSE RANGE, RAMMING TACTICS AND SHIP TO SHIP MELEE RESULTED IN ADDITIONAL NEGLIGIBLE DAMAGE TO THE ELVEN SHIPS, AND NEGLIGIBLE DAMAGE TO THE WITCHLORD'S SHIPS.

BY THIS TIME, TOTAL LOSSES TO THE ELVEN SHIPS WERE NEGLIGIBLE COMPARED TO DEVASTATING LOSSES TO THE WITCHLORD GALLEYS BASED ON THE OVERALL NUMBER OF SHIPS IN EACH NAVY. THE BATTLE CONTINUED TO RAGE FOR SOME TIME UNTIL BOTH FLEETS WITHDREW.
ELVEN LOSSES WERE PUT AT 0 FLEET, WHILE WITCHLORD LOSSES WERE ESTIMATED AT 1 FLEET. DAMAGE TO REMAINING ELVEN FLEETS WAS NEGLIGIBLE AND NEGLIGIBLE TO THOSE OF THE WITCHLORD.
DAMAGE TO SURVIVING SHIPS RESULTED IN DIMINISHED NAVAL QUALITY IN THAT SEA. ATTRITION TO SURVIVING BRIGADES ON BOARD WAS CONSIDERED NEGLIGIBLE. THE BRIGADE(S) OF TROOPS ABOARD THE WITCHLORD CRAFT WERE LOST AT SEA.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

cool, thanks!

can navy be used to transport brigades of troops? the report seems to say that the boarded soliders of one side is eliminated.

(04-01-2013, 05:30 PM)Lord1 Wrote: cool, thanks!

can navy be used to transport brigades of troops? the report seems to say that the boarded soliders of one side is eliminated.

Yes, the number of brigades that can be transported is equal to the number of fleets available in a particular sea. For example, the RA with 3 fleets in the Sea of Drowning can transport three brigades of troops. That said, be very sure you can weather an enemy's sea-patrol. There's nothing worse--especially for powerhouse militaries like GI and RA--to lose those scarce brigades to drowning.

In that sea battle, I lost 1 brigade and 2 wizards. I was very sad!
 Lord Diamond

To be clear, if Ranger has 3 fleets in Sea of Drowning he can transport 3 brigades. Does that mean he can move a group with 2 brigades and another group with 1 brigade. OR, can he move multiple groups with 3 brigades (assuming no enemy Sea Patrol occurs to reduce his navy) ?

The latter was the case long ago but I'm unsure if the code/rules were ever changed regards this.

Kalrex,

From what I remember, you can move all 3 brigades. Does not matter how they are set up in groups. 3 fleets = 3 brigades. Luckily, my troops have wings so I dont have to bother with that nonsense. Possibly the best use of fleets is for early gold?