Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Test Game 99
If anyone wants to see my Witchlord, Troll, and Underworld turns just email me at ded127@aol.com.

The turn reports have been greatly improved and I cannot wait to start a real game!
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

(03-09-2013, 02:35 AM)Ry Vor Wrote: Here is a sample result, this for the Black Dragon on Turn 4. Remember, our testers are testing, not playing for victory. Just showing where we have come with the turn output formatting, thanks to David.

I love the look, but why is the Elf king trying to get people to call Jenny?

Here is a Turn 5 result for the Gnome. We continue to make progress on the look. Our next challenge in that area is reformatting the battle results to make them look as good as the rest of the report.

Attached Files
.pdf   GN99Results5.pdf (Size: 128.94 KB / Downloads: 25)

Five turns down of a six turn game! Nearly there!!!

(03-12-2013, 04:05 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: Here is a Turn 5 result for the Gnome. We continue to make progress on the look. Our next challenge in that area is reformatting the battle results to make them look as good as the rest of the report.

Can you explain the columns A through J? I get the number part on the Y axis. I don't understand how that relates to the X axis yet.

(03-13-2013, 03:54 AM)Sancus Wrote:
(03-12-2013, 04:05 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: Here is a Turn 5 result for the Gnome. We continue to make progress on the look. Our next challenge in that area is reformatting the battle results to make them look as good as the rest of the report.

Can you explain the columns A through J? I get the number part on the Y axis. I don't understand how that relates to the X axis yet.

The columns are for the extra information on each order. Some only require you to add one additional item to complete the order? For example Order 320 is an order for an emissary to incite rebellion in a population center. The moderator (computer) needs to know which emissary, so in column A the player has entered LA which is the abbreviation for Lamon (all emissaries are abbreviated for the sake of orders and referred to by the first two letters in their name). In another example from this turn The 3rd Gnome brigade used a movement order In column A the moving group was identified and in subsequent columns filled in the grid coordinates of the trail it followed in movement until it ended up at VE in the plains of Runnimede.

Hope that helps. If you go here you can read through the old rule books and description of orders to get a better idea.

How did you do you order entry for this game? Was it an online interface? or, typing them up in some special file format and emailing them in?

Will it be different for games 100 and 101?

Just a thought that suddenly poped into my head.

Thanks

(03-21-2013, 07:47 PM)Lucky Tiger Wrote: How did you do you order entry for this game? Was it an online interface? or, typing them up in some special file format and emailing them in?

Will it be different for games 100 and 101?

Just a thought that suddenly poped into my head.

Thanks

We filled out an Excel spreadsheet and emailed it in. Plans for an online order entry are in the works and high on the priority list.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

the order sheet shows the gnome king trying to denigrate his own kingdom and get himself voted off the council. Was this a typo or just playing around with weird orders to see what would happen?

Also, I noticed the countess was referred to with the word 'his'. Human typo or something in the programming?

(04-01-2013, 06:48 PM)Jumbie Wrote: the order sheet shows the gnome king trying to denigrate his own kingdom and get himself voted off the council. Was this a typo or just playing around with weird orders to see what would happen?

Also, I noticed the countess was referred to with the word 'his'. Human typo or something in the programming?

We were all encouraged to try a variety of odd orders during Beta. The 'his' thing was probably a minor glitch. Report them as you see them in the active games.
 Lord Diamond