Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hyptothetical question
Here is the scenario. You are in a group that is certainly going to get annihilated, and you have an artifact and a couple mages casting guarded attack.

Unless they are killed by a kill leader/wizard spell, will they survive? And, if they do, will the artifact go with them?

Enquiring minds want to know.

(09-03-2020, 04:46 PM)Windstar Wrote: Here is the scenario. You are in a group that is certainly going to get annihilated, and you have an artifact and a couple mages casting guarded attack.

Unless they are killed by a kill leader/wizard spell, will they survive? And, if they do, will the artifact go with them?

Yes.  If you have an invisible wizard, nazgul or wraith/liche in your group, the patrol should almost always survive the destruction of all troops, and also keep the artifacts.

(09-03-2020, 05:19 PM)Senior Tactician Wrote:
(09-03-2020, 04:46 PM)Windstar Wrote: Here is the scenario. You are in a group that is certainly going to get annihilated, and you have an artifact and a couple mages casting guarded attack.

Yes.  If you have an invisible wizard, nazgul or wraith/liche in your group, the patrol should almost always survive the destruction of all troops, and also keep the artifacts.

Invisible a wizard and you save your booty! Argghhhh.

The danger of course is that your opponent will anticipate this tactic and dispel the invisibility.

(09-06-2020, 01:33 PM)Eregnon Wrote: The danger of course is that your opponent will anticipate this tactic and dispel the invisibility.

The danger of this is reduced by the fact that invisibility (spell #91) cannot be dispelled (spell #92).  Guarded attack (spell #101), however, can be dispelled.

(09-06-2020, 01:54 PM)Senior Tactician Wrote:
(09-06-2020, 01:33 PM)Eregnon Wrote: The danger of course is that your opponent will anticipate this tactic and dispel the invisibility.

The danger of this is reduced by the fact that invisibility (spell #91) cannot be dispelled (spell #92).  Guarded attack (spell #101), however, can be dispelled.

Sweet advice. Look at order number always, young jedi.

Senior Tac is correct you do not dispel invisible wizards you kill them. It becomes a game over how many protect wizard will they cast vs invisible wizards. You must dispel Protect wizard/hero to get at the invisible wizards. I believed fixed but once you could summon death on your own troops to make them a patrol so no combat for the group to destroy. Then even if they kill all wizards the artifacts would go home.

(09-09-2020, 12:52 PM)Draugr Wrote: Senior Tac is correct you do not dispel invisible wizards you kill them.    It becomes a game over how many protect wizard will they cast vs invisible wizards.    You must dispel Protect wizard/hero to get at the invisible wizards.   I believed fixed but once you could summon death on your own troops to make them a patrol so no combat for the group to destroy.   Then even if they kill all wizards the artifacts would go home.

This is like peeling an onion!  Layer upon layer of intrigue and the order sequence rules all.

(09-09-2020, 02:48 PM)Wookie Panz Wrote:
(09-09-2020, 12:52 PM)Draugr Wrote: Senior Tac is correct you do not dispel invisible wizards you kill them.    It becomes a game over how many protect wizard will they cast vs invisible wizards.    You must dispel Protect wizard/hero to get at the invisible wizards.   I believed fixed but once you could summon death on your own troops to make them a patrol so no combat for the group to destroy.   Then even if they kill all wizards the artifacts would go home.

This is like peeling an onion!  Layer upon layer of intrigue and the order sequence rules all.

Layers indeed.  I almost never do protect, if my wizards are equal to or even 1 level lower than the opposition, I will dispel (94) instead.  You can dispel the dispel spell as well, but hell just dispel and all will be well.

(09-09-2020, 03:59 PM)Senior Tactician Wrote:
(09-09-2020, 02:48 PM)Wookie Panz Wrote:

Layers indeed.  I almost never do protect, if my wizards are equal to or even 1 level lower than the opposition, I will dispel (94) instead.  You can dispel the dispel spell as well, but hell just dispel and all will be well.

Can you still dispel the dispel? I thought that no longer worked. It did, once upon a time, but my understanding is that it only works against battle spells and is not actually considered a battle spell itself. Who knows?! If you're dispelling and the other person casts a dispel, it's a win/win anyways I suppose.