Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Area NJ looks like Mountains but is Plains
Not sure if this has been noted before...
-This Khal Drogo, it's said he has a hundred thousand men in his horde

(02-09-2020, 04:16 PM)Drogo Wrote: Not sure if this has been noted before...

Good of you to have mentioned that.  I wonder how many times I have looked at it and not noticed.
RY Vor, if you are reading this, that could , I think,  be corrected in coding by changing the code  to mountains a lot easier than a map change to plains?

There is at least one more, maybe two, but I cant remember  the squares

PH forest should be plains base on map looks.

Couple of squares in Sword Coast and Pellinor that look like water and are not, or vice versa. If changing squares, might be helpful to just look at them and the coding next to each other.

Changing map terrain will be an issue for present games. What if a map location changes from water to land and there's a port or something that is no longer valid? Once a map is released, the terrain pretty much has to stay as is or we may have to cancel all games, make the change, and start up brand new games under the new map. In any case, the map snapshot that is sent with every turn has the terrain defined for all games so if there is ever any confusion, just hover your mouse over the area for the exact terrain definition.

(02-11-2020, 02:00 AM)unclemike Wrote: Changing map terrain will be an issue for present games. What if a map location changes from water to land and there's a port or something that is no longer valid? Once a map is released, the terrain pretty much has to stay as is or we may have to cancel all games, make the change, and start up brand new games under the new map. In any case, the map snapshot that is sent with every turn has the terrain defined for all games so if there is ever any confusion, just hover your mouse over the area for the exact terrain definition.

No rush. Just mentioning for next release or whenever it makes sense.