Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd Forum Only Diplomacy
the ground tremors...

the birds flee the trees, squawking frantically...

a crackling noise could be heard across the lands of Alamaze...

suddenly, the land Cracks and SPLITS - tormented souls wail as they flee the aphotic depths of Hell!

amidst the pandemonium, seven shady characters approach the Great Forum...

Six of the figures cease their movement, as one steps up in front of the rest of the kingdom's ambassadors.

"The First Apostle needs souls to sate his lust for torment! We offer the services of our devious Demon Princes to wreak havoc upon any kingdom apart from the Warlock of the North, and the ancient Lizard People of the south. Our services will be carried out in favor of the kingdom that offers the most coin!"

After a moment of silence, the figure returns to his formation with his six brethren, before whispering "let the bidding begin."

Nefarious crackling could be heard as the seven shadowy figures step back into the black smoke of the cataclysm. As they disappear, the earth seals itself; the only evidence remaining of the event is the perpetuate silence of nature...

SA-TY, Hail the Stewart of the young tyrant, I see that you control a town and a village within Amberland, as well as the city of Avalon that we did not hinder you taking. Our scouts had just arrived with the information of the village even though it was months old. The incompetent scout has been put on latrine duty permanently! Since we are readying for winter and trying to gain control of Amberland, we ask that you work with us in giving us control of one of those two population centers. You had failed to mention you controlled a town and village in Amberland before taking Avalon and was not expected. I believe we were somewhat misled or perhaps some poor communications. Will you assist us in this?
 May your armies continue in victory in the southwest and gain more fertile ground than what's in Amberland.

RELLGAR The Mighty

(09-16-2016, 02:03 AM)Atuan Wrote: (DU) - SA The Lord of the Forest believes two grains for one gold coin would seem fair.  He also promises a temple be constructed in the capital so the holy man feels confident that there will be more citizens tithing.

Atuan - Lowly Centaurian Scribe

SA- DU That does seem like a fair offer, however I will try for a trade that is better than fair. I will keep your offer in the realm of possibilities. I have yet to hear from the Ranger.

RELLGAR The Mighty

(09-16-2016, 02:16 AM)RELLGAR Wrote: SA-TY, Hail the Stewart of the young tyrant, I see that you control a town and a village within Amberland, as well as the city of Avalon that we did not hinder you taking. Our scouts had just arrived with the information of the village even though it was months old. The incompetent scout has been put on latrine duty permanently! Since we are readying for winter and trying to gain control of Amberland, we ask that you work with us in giving us control of one of those two population centers. You had failed to mention you controlled a town and village in Amberland before taking Avalon and was not expected. I believe we were somewhat misled or perhaps some poor communications. Will you assist us in this?
 May your armies continue in victory in the southwest and gain more fertile ground than what's in Amberland.

RELLGAR The Mighty

As I recall, the terms of the Sacred Order's aquiescing to the tyrant's demand for Avalon was that he had no claim on other towns and villages in Amberland. The gnome king applauds the Sacred Order and their adherence to the letter of their deal. They join the Lizard King in not being cowed by the brat king.

RA - The recently united citizens of Arcania rejoice at the new harvest.  We welcome trade with all the other lords and especially those of the north, for we may need reverse trades in our dry summer months.  We offer food to those who need it at a rate of 21 food for 10 gold.  We would like keep the number of trades to a minimum as we have yet to reach the influence levels of some of our charismatic neighbors.

Du - True it is that we have not spoken directly to you lord, mostly due to distance apart and being busy tending to matters closer to home.  We welcome our forest friends who love their woods as we love our plains.  We would welcome a peace proposal if you have something in mind?  Of course trades are also welcome.

(DU) - RA you undercut our prices then ask for peace? Surely our Lord of the Forest misunderstands your intentions.

WA -> NO

Hail Lord of the Southern Plains. We could use some of that wonderful food you have. This will be our worst turn for food, so one good trade would probably do it. I propose a 3:1, say 30k food for 10k gold. If you don't have that much excess food just let us know how much you might be able to spare.

Red

(09-16-2016, 02:29 PM)Netstrider Wrote: WA -> NO

Hail Lord of the Southern Plains. We could use some of that wonderful food you have. This will be our worst turn for food, so one good trade would probably do it. I propose a 3:1, say 30k food for 10k gold. If you don't have that much excess food just let us know how much you might be able to spare.

Red

(NO) Agreed. You shall have 30K food for 10K gold. The order will be written. Let this be the beginning of a friendly relationship between our peoples. Perhaps it can even lead to us working together for mutual defense if necessary. Our kingdoms would complement each other.

The Red Warlock to all Warriors, Generals and would be conquerors:

It has come to our general's attention that certain recruiting options required troops of a certain experience level. As a peaceful kingdom, we have no real means to accomplish blooding in battle for the foreseeable future. So, we propose - wait for it - a tournament!

Open to all who can travel there, the idea would be to have forces of relatively equal size engage each other in a test of arms to improve the experience of their troops. Now it may not be a great idea to do this with a close neighbor since you might not want them to improve their military, so it would be wise to choose someone of some distance - as long as the trip is not too arduous.

Another idea is that the Sacred Order or Ranger could host a martial tournament (it would be fitting for them to do so given their martial traditions) and they are centrally located as well.

But for the first attempt, I invite the Nomad who has offered to provide food for my troops in any case, to host a tournament where a 5 unit sized Nomad division can engage in war games against a similar sized Warlock group. Obviously, distance is no great barrier for the Warlock!

Possible ground rules for a tourney contest:

1) No magic. Wizards must issue Invisible Self order. No Wands of Lightning, etc.
2) Only standard attack orders. No flanking, night attack or other order intended to increase damage on retreat.
3) Highly encouraged to avoid use of magic weapons which increase chances of killing opposing leaders. Magic armor is permitted.
4) The contest should take place in terrain which is either advantaged for both combatants or neither.

If the Nomad declines this offer, any others will be accepted.

Let the games begin!!

Red

(09-16-2016, 02:55 PM)Netstrider Wrote: The Red Warlock to all Warriors, Generals and would be conquerors:

It has come to our general's attention that certain recruiting options required troops of a certain experience level. As a peaceful kingdom, we have no real means to accomplish blooding in battle for the foreseeable future. So, we propose - wait for it - a tournament!

Open to all who can travel there, the idea would be to have forces of relatively equal size engage each other in a test of arms to improve the experience of their troops. Now it may not be a great idea to do this with a close neighbor since you might not want them to improve their military, so it would be wise to choose someone of some distance - as long as the trip is not too arduous.

Another idea is that the Sacred Order or Ranger could host a martial tournament (it would be fitting for them to do so given their martial traditions) and they are centrally located as well.

But for the first attempt, I invite the Nomad who has offered to provide food for my troops in any case, to host a tournament where a 5 unit sized Nomad division can engage in war games against a similar sized Warlock group. Obviously, distance is no great barrier for the Warlock!

Possible ground rules for a tourney contest:

1) No magic. Wizards must issue Invisible Self order. No Wands of Lightning, etc.
2) Only standard attack orders. No flanking, night attack or other order intended to increase damage on retreat.
3) Highly encouraged to avoid use of magic weapons which increase chances of killing opposing leaders. Magic armor is permitted.
4) The contest should take place in terrain which is either advantaged for both combatants or neither.

If the Nomad declines this offer, any others will be accepted.

Let the games begin!!

Red

SA- the Sacred Order would be interested in this as a possibility. 

Rellgar the Mighty