Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd Forum Only Diplomacy
(GN)
The Gnome king's first reaction upon reading this message was frank disbelief. It was expected that the Tyrant would request a small tribute but 40% was verging on grandiose. "Surely this is a prank," he thinks as he looks around for stifled laughter. For nearly half the kingdom the Gnome would buy his people the right to be second on the conquest list? After the Tyrant takes out his somewhat obvious real initial target?

It doesn't seem like a deal most kingdoms would go for however the Gnome will right now offer a similar deal to all kingdoms in the realm. 40% of your kingdom and the gnomes will guarantee 18 turns of peace. Any takers? Hmmm, Possibly some time is needed for them to consider.

The gnomes have always been a peaceful people. But we are not without our defenses. We have faced similar foes before. Any contest will be a long one, while the sorcerous North gains in power.

(09-01-2016, 05:08 AM)DuPont Wrote: TY-SA/GN  The King was dead. Oh, it was no great loss. He was a stupid brute who apparently didn't have the brains to get out of the way of a charging wild boar. The trouble was, he was a young stupid brute who had only just spawned. And now the kingdom was in the hands of a three-year old. And no question the brat was a tyrant!
"I want to take over WHOLE WORLD!" he was insisting. His advisers tried talking sense to him, wishing like hell that his stupid father had set up a regent or that his stupid mother had not died squirting the brat out. But he was their king and they had to follow his orders. That was how things always had been. They just had to try and find a way to do so in such a way that the kingdom was not destroyed.
"Your majesty," one was saying, "We can't take it over all in one month. We have to start and then grow."
"Okay, let me see map!" he insisted. General Krackthumb rolled out the colored map of the known world. The cities were painted on as well as the towns and villages of the kingdom.
"There! THAT city!" The king pointed, "I want to start with THAT one!" It was a city on an island in the middle of the lake. The men looked at each other. There were worse targets out there.
"That is called Avalon, your Majesty. The Humans control it know, but we know that the holy men had been making some moves to get them to join with their kingdom."
"NO! MY CITY! Tell holy men to get their own city. There! That one! What's that city names?"
"Evanon, your Majesty."
"Tell them to go to that city. I get this city. Or else war!"
"Cities don't produce food, your Majesty. If you want to grow, we need some of those as well."
"Here. South of my city. What do they call this spot?"
"Runnimede, your Majesty."
"I want some towns and villages here! And don't tell me about little creatures. If they try to stop me from taking towns and villages, WAR! Now bring me my toy soldiers, I want to play WAR!"

Later, the little Tyrant's advisers send out two letters.
"To the noble Sacred Order. Our king is insisting that he must have the city of Avalon. As there are two cities in the area, we hope you see the wisdom in not contesting this. We will also be looking to pick up an extra village and town in the area to help feed the city and our hungry troops. In return, you shall have control of the fair region of Amberland and we offer you peace through the next 18 months.

"To the wise Gnomes. We know that the age of expansion is upon us. We are close by but there is no need to fight. We will leave the fair city of Cradia to you and we offer you control of Runnimede. But we do insist on our fair share of towns and villages in the region. We are looking at a split of about 60/40 in your favor. While we are sure you coveted the whole region, you would have to fight us for it and why do that when you can produce so much gold on your own? Please let us know your answer. We offer your peace for the next 18 months if you agree to our little king's terms.

(Necromancer)
As a wraith of magic, I find it quite disturbing that our Noble friend the Tyrant Runt has made such feable demands upon his neighbors. Oh, that's right he portends to be Neighbor to us all.
Mayhaps we should spank him wherever he may appear, and see that he keeps his affairs confined to his own toys. I for one make no demands, and offer the hand of friendship and trade to all.

(DU) - All/NE

Greetings Lords and Ladies,

The Lord of the Forest brings well wishes to all. He seeks to control all of fair Oakendell and will free it from foreign influences. He notes the land of the Mists holds the Eaters of dead. To this king he wishes to trade his town in Mists for your town in Oakendell. Should you be open to a proposal we would send the details of its location and increase the tribute of the location so you might gain its sway upon the second month.

The Lord of the Forest sees this coming winter as harsh and looks for a partner in which to borrow food and return similar amounts in the summer.

Should any emissary wish to negotiate, the Lord of the Forest has open ears.

Atuan - Lowly Centaurian Scribe

(GN)
The gnomes should be able to accommodate your winter food needs

(09-01-2016, 09:55 PM)Atuan Wrote: (DU) - All/NE

Greetings Lords and Ladies,

The Lord of the Forest brings well wishes to all.  He seeks to control all of fair Oakendell and will free it from foreign influences.  He notes the land of the Mists holds the Eaters of dead.  To this king he wishes to trade his town in Mists for your town in Oakendell.  Should you be open to a proposal we would send the details of its location and increase the tribute of the location so you might gain its sway upon the second month.

The Lord of the Forest sees this coming winter as harsh and looks for a partner in which to borrow food and return similar amounts in the summer.

Should any emissary wish to negotiate, the Lord of the Forest has open ears.

(PI) - the Pirate King will be able to handle food issues in any season, so All you military kingdoms start massive troop build ups, we seafarers got you covered.

DU - GN/All

The Lord of the Forest accepts your gracious offer as we get closer to winter we can detail out how much my people will need and we will attempt to minimize the impact to your kingdom.
He does see a conflict brewing in the southern mountains and wonders if it is wise to poke the bear. The man child could own all of Runnimede if the Gnomes are not careful. He believes your kingdom needs time to flourish and realize its full potential. He believes should you continue this course, when it comes time to repay the kindness of the mountain people, there will be none to do so.

All Hail the Mighty Demon Princes of the Seven Hells!

We wish to reap the land of the Eastern Steppes and claim the resources for our own. We sense the winds of war eroding the diplomatic infrastructure that all of our kingdoms once stood; blood shed is inevitable. We shall use our diplomatic, magical, and military prowess to make short work of any adversaries that may stand in our way to the massive treasures that the land of Alamaze possesses.

To all the kingdoms bordering the Eastern Steppes, we wish you no harm. We will not unleash the gates of hell upon you for as long as we maintain neutrality towards one another. This includes the Talking Mountains, the Northern Mists, Amberland, Arcania, and Synisvania.

We are also looking for a partner to trade with during the harsh winter months, which we will reciprocate during the oppressive summers.

May Hell be with you all!
Tomag Ironfist
First Apostle of the Seven Hells

(Necromancer0
Great Lord of the Forest. Your offer is sound. We accept! But how do we get this deed done, as we are obliged to be frank and open with our fellow rulers in our missives?

Ohman the heartless emissary of the dark

(DU) - NE,

The towns will be known to all as we have no way to keep secret our movements. I suspect we will able able to find a common point at which to use in the future.

My town is at DR. I wish you well with it and I will be moving a group from that town this turn.

Sincerely,

(necromancer)

Atuan in compliance with our earlier agreement the NE town is located at GD. I will be moving a Governor from that location this turn. Also, if orders allow a L2 agent as well. If agreeable, the ageny may stay until next turns orders are submitted. I'll Inform you in either case. I also have a group Moving west from Gd towards the Mists, via FE thru FH.

Ohman the heartless (Wraith of the Necromancer)