Alamaze - New
Automation: More Frequent Turns? - Printable Version

+- Alamaze - New (https://alamaze.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://alamaze.net/forum/forum-67.html)
+--- Forum: General Alamaze Discussion Area (https://alamaze.net/forum/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Automation: More Frequent Turns? (/thread-9710.html)

Pages: 1 2

Automation: More Frequent Turns? - HeadHoncho - 02-12-2015

I know we're all excited about the prospects of automation.  This dramatically reduces the work required by the admin team, gives greater satisfaction and predictability (and also accountability on getting turns in on time) to the player base when they know turns will process right on time, and things like the online order checker and the emerging "orders warning" e-mail when your orders aren't in are really revolutionizing the game experience, in my view.

One thing I'd like to ask is whether or not we might be able to have games with more frequent turns?  This goes right along with the "MOAR ALAMAZE" mentality that I think a lot of us players have.

N.B.: I would totally be willing to pay more (or increase slots) for this privilege. Smile

RE: Automation: More Frequent Turns? - Frost Lord - 02-12-2015

(02-12-2015, 06:24 PM)HeadHoncho Wrote: I know we're all excited about the prospects of automation.  This dramatically reduces the work required by the admin team, gives greater satisfaction and predictability (and also accountability on getting turns in on time) to the player base when they know turns will process right on time, and things like the online order checker and the emerging "orders warning" e-mail when your orders aren't in are really revolutionizing the game experience, in my view.

One thing I'd like to ask is whether or not we might be able to have games with more frequent turns?  This goes right along with the "MOAR ALAMAZE" mentality that I think a lot of us players have.

N.B.: I would totally be willing to pay more (or increase slots) for this privilege. Smile

I would like to see 2 turns per week if possible.  Something like a Monday/Thursday and a Tuesday/Friday schedule.  As it is, we only get 6 turns per month per game.

RE: Automation: More Frequent Turns? - VballMichael - 02-12-2015

Don't you folks have jobs?
Seriously, I would sign up for and pay more if needed for an occasional game that runs faster, especially like an anon game that has no need for communicating or planning as a group.

RE: Automation: More Frequent Turns? - Hawk_ - 02-12-2015

(02-12-2015, 06:53 PM)VballMichael Wrote: Don't you folks have jobs?
Seriously, I would sign up for and pay more if needed for an occasional game that runs faster, especially like an anon game that has no need for communicating or planning as a group.

Agreed the anon format would be fun to play on a rapid format.

RE: Automation: More Frequent Turns? - Jumpingfist - 02-12-2015

For me it would be warlords I would like to see run faster

RE: Automation: More Frequent Turns? - HeadHoncho - 02-12-2015

And Titan, for that matter. Totally with you, JF!

RE: Automation: More Frequent Turns? - Drogo - 02-12-2015

This is on my wish list too.

RE: Automation: More Frequent Turns? - Lord Diamond - 02-12-2015

Why not just have games that run as soon as they last player submits his turn?

This will likely happen if Alamaze goes online.

RE: Automation: More Frequent Turns? - Ry Vor - 02-13-2015

We get rationale from players who leave, usually for awhile, sometimes maybe forever, as to the why.

Almost 50% of them leave saying the game pace was too fast at 7 turns a month. 

As said, if we do get to automated processing we can't have every game be custom, so trying to fit in a new dimension of how often games are run slows down the queue and generally I think players would rather get in a game than wait on the third variable in a given game.

We've been doing this for 21 months now, and the current pace fits most tastes of continuing players.  Players who want more Alamaze can add to their service level rather than imposing an increase in pace on all players.  And Warlords is daunting to most of us, so making it faster may suit the handful of current Warlords players, but that's not going to generate new Warlords players.

RE: Automation: More Frequent Turns? - Lord Alz - 02-13-2015

This is my second time around and while I agree pace might be bumped a tad it's not far off and as my games get later its a lot of time to make the turns work. That being said a speed anon game that maybe counts as 2 spots might be a desirable variant to some