Alamaze - New
Opt Out of Individual Scorecards in Valhalla - Printable Version

+- Alamaze - New (https://alamaze.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Alamaze Games (https://alamaze.net/forum/forum-49.html)
+--- Forum: Valhalla (https://alamaze.net/forum/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Opt Out of Individual Scorecards in Valhalla (/thread-9212.html)

Pages: 1 2

Opt Out of Individual Scorecards in Valhalla - Lord Diamond - 08-11-2014

The new Valhalla will have detailed reports on each player. We included the option of allowing players to decline to have their individual details included. If you would rather that your details not be shared, either post here or email me at ded127@aol.com. This means that you will not be listed on the 'Kingdom Discovery' page and you will not have a full page report of all your metrics. Your performance will still be listed in the individual game reports.

Keep in mind that this is all or nothing. You cannot request private reports.

RE: Opt Out of Individual Scorecards in Valhalla - unclemike - 08-11-2014

(08-11-2014, 03:13 PM)Lord Diamond Wrote: The new Valhalla will have detailed reports on each player. We included the option of allowing players to decline to have their individual details included. If you would rather that your details not be shared, either post here or email me at ded127@aol.com. This means that you will not be listed on the 'Kingdom Discovery' page and you will not have a full page report of all your metrics. Your performance will still be listed in the individual game reports.

Is there a listing for the casual player? For one who isn't really interested in winning but rather just to have fun? I've been in games where I was just interested in attaining artifacts or raising wizards just to destroy pop centers and such.

RE: Opt Out of Individual Scorecards in Valhalla - Lord Diamond - 08-11-2014

(08-11-2014, 06:18 PM)unclemike Wrote: [quote='Lord Diamond' pid='22213' dateline='1407769991']
The new Valhalla will have detailed reports on each player. We included the option of allowing players to decline to have their individual details included. If you would rather that your details not be shared, either post here or email me at ded127@aol.com. This means that you will not be listed on the 'Kingdom Discovery' page and you will not have a full page report of all your metrics. Your performance will still be listed in the individual game reports.

I've had games like that as well; you'll be able to tell by my scores! No, the data doesn't differentiate. There isn't any judgment associated with the data. It's just data.

I'm hoping that this will encourage players to have more games like that. If you aren't going to win, maybe you can take the Field Marshall title by hiring a whole bunch of recruits. Or take the Dungeon Master title by capturing the most prisoners. Or the Dynast by recruiting a couple dozen envoys. You can decide what constitutes a 'victory' to you.

Is there a listing for the casual player? For one who isn't really interested in winning but rather just to have fun? I've been in games where I was just interested in attaining artifacts or raising wizards just to destroy pop centers and such.

Or maybe you are playing the Ranger but want to protect your precious Darkelven titles so you attack the Darkelf or assassinate his agents.

RE: Opt Out of Individual Scorecards in Valhalla - kevindusi - 08-11-2014

Is there an award for finishing higher than DuPont on all things?

(08-11-2014, 08:25 PM)kevindusi Wrote: Is there an award for finishing higher than DuPont on all things?

This can be your own measure of what makes a winner. I have my own criteria and players I like to beat.

(08-11-2014, 09:40 PM)Lord Diamond Wrote:
(08-11-2014, 08:25 PM)kevindusi Wrote: Is there an award for finishing higher than DuPont on all things?

This can be your own measure of what makes a winner. I have my own criteria and players I like to beat.

I trust that DuPont is on that list.

(08-11-2014, 09:49 PM)kevindusi Wrote:
(08-11-2014, 09:40 PM)Lord Diamond Wrote:

I trust that DuPont is on that list.

He is not.

(08-11-2014, 10:02 PM)Lord Diamond Wrote: He is not.

Anyone other than Kal?

RE: Opt Out of Individual Scorecards in Valhalla - Ry Vor - 08-12-2014

I don't want a record of what players finished 15th, 14th, and 13th. Valhalla is to recognize who did well in a game, as in 1st to 3rd, not to publish players learning experiences or other reasons that led to a not favorable finish.

There can be another listing not called Valhalla that players choose to opt into to show everyone all their finishes. Not to opt out of having all their laundry shown. I want players free to experiment and learn the game, not be pressured to finish high. Players should want to play many kingdoms and try many things with them, not be concerned about some permanent record about each experience, unless they choose to want to have that recorded, someplace other than Valhalla. Maybe its called, "The Complete File".

RE: Opt Out of Individual Scorecards in Valhalla - Lord Diamond - 08-12-2014

(08-12-2014, 01:18 AM)Ry Vor Wrote: I don't want a record of what players finished 15th, 14th, and 13th. Valhalla is to recognize who did well in a game, as in 1st to 3rd, not to publish players learning experiences or other reasons that led to a not favorable finish.

There can be another listing not called Valhalla that players choose to opt into to show everyone all their finishes. Not to opt out of having all their laundry shown. I want players free to experiment and learn the game, not be pressured to finish high. Players should want to play many kingdoms and try many things with them, not be concerned about some permanent record about each experience, unless they choose to want to have that recorded, someplace other than Valhalla. Maybe its called, "The Complete File".

What I am calling Valhalla for convenience is actually several different reports. One has all the individual game data, and that includes all the players in the game. You have all seen this already. Another has complete data on all the classic games a player has participated in. The 3rd is the actual Valhalla and is the coolest. It shows all the status points, wins, etc.. It includes Warlords, Titan, and Primeval on their own pages. There is a 4th report with individual kingdom details.

If you don't want your stuff posted, we included an option to opt out of many of the pages; everything that doesn't impact other players pretty much. That addresses all your concerns, or at least those concerns that I was able to grasp from your message.

I would love feedback from other players. Would seeing all these reports encourage you to play Alamaze or would you feel discouraged? Email me at ded127@aol.com if you'd rather not post. So far, all of the private feedback has been positive and encouraging. The only suggestions have been that I post game details immediately after the game ends and while the excitement is fresh.