Alamaze - New
Maximum Wizard Level - Printable Version

+- Alamaze - New (https://alamaze.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://alamaze.net/forum/forum-67.html)
+--- Forum: General Alamaze Discussion Area (https://alamaze.net/forum/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Maximum Wizard Level (/thread-8450.html)

Maximum Wizard Level - Lord Diamond - 06-04-2013

Is it possible to raise your wizard TWO levels above your max? I know it would be hard and expensive, but can it happen?

RE: Maximum Wizard Level - Kalrex - 06-04-2013

BITD DW 1st Cycle players would do it if they developed vast resources and it's what, a 50/50 per level?

I don't see why you can't unless you're a Wiz position and the spell lists run out.

RE: Maximum Wizard Level - davekuyk - 06-04-2013

I have seen power-8 for the Nomad in the first cycle and power-9 multiple times in the second cycle.

(06-04-2013, 06:44 PM)Kalrex Wrote: BITD DW 1st Cycle players would do it if they developed vast resources and it's what, a 50/50 per level?

I don't see why you can't unless you're a Wiz position and the spell lists run out.

I have seen power-8 for the Nomad in the first cycle and power-9 multiple times in the second cycle.

(06-04-2013, 06:44 PM)Kalrex Wrote: BITD DW 1st Cycle players would do it if they developed vast resources and it's what, a 50/50 per level?

RE: Maximum Wizard Level - bluefile2 - 06-05-2013

i didnt think there was a limit, simply a 50/50 chance after you hit your guaranteed max.

RE: Maximum Wizard Level - Kellenved - 06-05-2013

(06-05-2013, 01:08 AM)bluefile2 Wrote: i didnt think there was a limit, simply a 50/50 chance after you hit your guaranteed max.

There is no limit, but the benefit dies when the spell list runs out...though that's only likely to happen to WA/WI/SO.

RE: Maximum Wizard Level - Cipher - 06-05-2013

There is a limit, and the chances aren't necessarily 50/50.
Don't forget what happens with the Ring of Power and/or Spells.
Also, just because a new level does or doesn't provide an additional spell list does not have an impact on whether the wizard can achieve that level.
We have certainly seen wizards at the kingdom max level +1 without artifacts, I'll let players testify to what they've seen beyond that.
Spells that are related to the power level of the caster would of course become stronger with all additional levels...

Also, there are different success rates for Rite of the Magi based on kingdom, didn't know if anyone was aware of that either...

RE: Maximum Wizard Level - Lord Diamond - 06-05-2013

(06-05-2013, 02:41 PM)Cipher Wrote: There is a limit, and the chances aren't necessarily 50/50.
Don't forget what happens with the Ring of Power and/or Spells.
Also, just because a new level does or doesn't provide an additional spell list does not have an impact on whether the wizard can achieve that level.
We have certainly seen wizards at the kingdom max level +1 without artifacts, I'll let players testify to what they've seen beyond that.
Spells that are related to the power level of the caster would of course become stronger with all additional levels...

Also, there are different success rates for Rite of the Magi based on kingdom, didn't know if anyone was aware of that either...

Thanks for the input, Cipher. I did not know most of what you mentioned.

RE: Maximum Wizard Level - Cargus10 - 06-05-2013

(06-05-2013, 02:41 PM)Cipher Wrote: Also, there are different success rates for Rite of the Magi based on kingdom, didn't know if anyone was aware of that either...

It would be really nice if there were some kind of even vague indication of what the rates are by kingdom. There's no way to make a decent decision on how often to try a ROM or whether to use the gold for something else instead without knowing some kind of success rate!

Sure, some will be obvious: WA high, DW low, But what about, say, the RA or GN or BL?

Also, is it just the failure rate that changes, or the rate of death for the adept as well?

RE: Maximum Wizard Level - Lord Diamond - 06-05-2013

I have never actually had an Adept die during the Rite of the Magi, although I have had them fail quite a few times.