Alamaze - New
Lothe, Despise, HATE this new rule change!!! - Printable Version

+- Alamaze - New (https://alamaze.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://alamaze.net/forum/forum-67.html)
+--- Forum: General Alamaze Discussion Area (https://alamaze.net/forum/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Lothe, Despise, HATE this new rule change!!! (/thread-11045.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Lothe, Despise, HATE this new rule change!!! - DuPont - 03-06-2017

I've not been playing much as I'm very distracted by real life. So this was probably discussed here, but I must say that I hate with the fire of 1,000 suns this new rule  change that if your guy moves to a spot where there is no pop center, he (may?/will?) be ripped apart by wild beasts. I think it's a perfectly ridiculous and illogical rule which serves no game purpose. I would have to say it's easily one of the stupidest rules I have ever seen imposed on this game. FAIL!

RE: Lothe, Despise, HATE this new rule change!!! - Jumpingfist - 03-06-2017

Came about as a reaction to moving low level agents/emmies to look for hidden capitals. Others also shared that it was a bit to harsh to have a 50% chance to be killed. So far I have lost 2 princes, 1 count and a few agents to this rule by moving them either a wrong location or a destroyed PC. I do find it makes the game less enjoyable.

RE: Lothe, Despise, HATE this new rule change!!! - RELLGAR - 03-06-2017

I agree 95%. An over reaction to a minor problem. Low level agents should have a high level chance of this happening. Emmisarries travel with many gaurds and such, the higher the emmisary the lower the chance. Maybe 25% chance for an Ambassador-5% for there after baron has 15%,  prince has 0%  chance. To have expensive Emmisarries die because of a common mistake is crazy.  It could beasily a game changer. It's already occurred when someone moved all there remainremaining high level Emmisarries to one square to setup for an end game blitz and all 3 died. No chance to win now. Might as well quite. 

Rellgar

RE: Lothe, Despise, HATE this new rule change!!! - Hawk_ - 03-06-2017

I guess I will join in on the thread.

Because I don't like hidden pop centers.

If we are defending the capitols of certain kingdoms I would prefer you just make the defense 60,000 or something.  

Or give them a glyph of dome of invulnerability.

Eliminate the hidden popcenter concept and you no longer need the emmy movement rule.

Alternately make the emmy exhausted for a turn like a HP and that would be better than the death risk.

RE: Lothe, Despise, HATE this new rule change!!! - Ry Vor - 03-06-2017

What's the suggested alternative to get players to stop using political emissaries to search for population centers (the job of agents and groups)?

RE: Lothe, Despise, HATE this new rule change!!! - Jumpingfist - 03-06-2017

Nothing can fully prevent and be fair to those making honest mistakes.

But maybe charge 2x the cost for moving to non PC areas. This could create issues for other order in the turn and may not be worth the risk in the early game. Trouble is ambassadors still do not cost much. So likely not very viable

Have them captured by the bandits 50% and held for ransom equal to there move cost. Must be paid on the next turn. Basically make a trade with HU for your Emmy. This should work very well in the early game because you now risk wasting order and more cost. Issue is it requires programming.

Decreasing death chance by rank has issue of allowing high ranking emmies to still look for PCs in the early game. And still has a chance to kill some for a simple mistake.

RE: Lothe, Despise, HATE this new rule change!!! - RELLGAR - 03-06-2017

(03-06-2017, 04:57 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: What's the suggested alternative to get players to stop using political emissaries to search for population centers (the job of agents and groups)?

I don't  think Emmisarries were used hardly at all, it cost are to great, it was mostly all lvl. 1 agents, something like I suggested above. More scaled to just effect low lvl. agents and Ambassadors.

RE: Lothe, Despise, HATE this new rule change!!! - Wookie Panz - 03-06-2017

(03-06-2017, 05:22 PM)RELLGAR Wrote:
(03-06-2017, 04:57 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: What's the suggested alternative to get players to stop using political emissaries to search for population centers (the job of agents and groups)?

I don't  think Emmisarries were used hardly at all, it cost are to great, it was mostly all lvl. 1 agents, something like I suggested above. More scaled to just effect low lvl. agents and Ambassadors.

I lost a emmy too just due to a typo.  You could charge and influence loss, something like the reverse of the fool.

RE: Lothe, Despise, HATE this new rule change!!! - IMPERIAL_TARK - 03-06-2017

I opposed this rule change from the get-go. But, I think if a player wants to buy 8 L1s and hurl them out into the void to find PCs blindly or hidden capitals, let them. That's 8 orders to buy them, and 8 orders to move them plus the expended gold and influence. And there's no guarantee they will be successful. I always thought it a clever work-around though for those willing to go the distance.

But if you want a punishment, it should NOT be death or even imprisonment. Just have a random gold charge (say between 1,000-8000 gold) over and beyond the normal #350 cost for a failed re-location effort that requires extra finance to return the entourage to its original locale. That alone would strongly discourage most people from flinging L1s into the void, but if someone still wanted to be that resolute and had the gold... let them fling.

It also helps when someone genuinely makes a mistake and sends an emmy to the wrong map coordinates, or sends them to a PC that was destroyed on the same turn they tried moving there. They lose some extra gold but not their beloved Prince.

RE: Lothe, Despise, HATE this new rule change!!! - Ohman the heartless - 03-06-2017

I am one of the players that used a massive lvl 1 agent build and follow up. I had lost all my wizards, all but 2 brigades, my capitol was constantly under attack by an experienced player that KNEW do to previous PC census info, where my new capitol would appear. I had allies that needed to find his hidden capitol, and I had the $ and orders to spare. This was done KNOWING the 50% death possibility, and given the same circumstances I would do it again. That was how I chose to continue in the game instead of dropping it prior to turn 12. Which we all know is a hit to your reputation. The rule change did not deter me then, and would not deter me now given the same position.