Alamaze - New
301 - Forum Diplomacy Only Steel SVC - Printable Version

+- Alamaze - New (https://alamaze.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Alamaze Games (https://alamaze.net/forum/forum-49.html)
+--- Forum: Games That Have Ended (https://alamaze.net/forum/forum-62.html)
+--- Thread: 301 - Forum Diplomacy Only Steel SVC (/thread-10195.html)

RE: 301 - Forum Diplomacy Only Steel SVC - HeadHoncho - 12-06-2015

DW - GI & WA

Great Lords,

I bring you greetings from my liege, Darin III, the King Under the Mountain! We are a peaceful Kingdom except where provoked, and so my desire would be to enter into a long-standing peace with you.

Would you be interested in a non-aggression pact through the end of next spring [T10], summer [T13], or autumn [T16], as you prefer?

Best,
Grundun, Chief Diplomat for the Dwarves

RE: 301 - Forum Diplomacy Only Steel SVC - Jumpingfist - 12-06-2015

WI - BL

Great King, the dead have no appetite for grain. I would be happy to take gold during my winter in exchange for food during your summer. 13500 gold would be fair yes? Do you wish to start this first summer?

Tenebris Dominus

DW-EL

Great King Loriendalis,

We send you greetings and well wishes from the east! Your elegant missives and your honorable desire for peace and white magic are well-known, and greatly appreciated in the Hall of my liege, Darin III. Although we Dwarves may have a shorter lifespan and thus an at times, shall we say, more direct style, than you Elves, we nevertheless have similar morals, and we remember well the times past when we stood shoulder-to-shoulder in common cause against various evils of the land.

Toward that end, we would like to propose a Northern Demi-Human Alliance, where we have not only a non-aggression pact, but also an agreement to come to each other's defense, in the event of earnest invasion. This mutual defense would not apply to minor skirmishes, or to elective foreign adventures, but rather would be a source of comfort and a boon to the continuing survival and prosperity of our ancient peoples during such uncertain and dangerous times.

We would be open to whatever length of time you deem preferable, and look forward to your response.

Warmly,
Grundun, Chief Diplpmat for the Dwarves

DW-RD

Tremendous Majesty,

Despite much provocation by both my traditionalists and your ancient enemy, I remain committed to my word.

With that said, I have not yet received your confirmation of my clarification on the village, and also of the general area you may be overflying as you move to the Eastern Steppes. By no means do I wish to rush you, and I know such details are a mere triviality to a great one such as yourself. They are important to my liege, however, and so I must humbly convey his respects in this matter.

Best,
Grundun, for the Dwarves

RE: 301 - Forum Diplomacy Only Steel SVC - SylvieRafa - 12-06-2015

UN-GN

Greetings to you, once again I give! As low as four towns, three villages, and four spells, we can go. Delivery we can take, for two of four spells and one town, one turn after Runnimede you control. The one town, you can even pick.

Immunity to agents, I cannot give. Special relationship with you, though I can have, since the region, we do share. If an invasion we see, each other we can help, with military, politics and magic.

What say you?

UN-DW

For the offer, we thank you. But taking offense at the Gnomes, we do not do. The best possible deal, all of us want to make. Just business, it is.

An agreement, I think we will make. But come back to you, we may, if an agreement, we do not make.

UN-BL

For the town I say again, thank you! One of my best clients, I think you will be. Also first requests, you may make, for town and village information, in the future I may release. But again I must say, immunity to agents, I cannot give. So at this time, for additional gold there is no need.

OOC: Fun, this is!

RE: 301 - Forum Diplomacy Only Steel SVC - DuPont - 12-06-2015

RD-DW
Noble Grundun,
On behalf of His Tremendous Majesty, we send respect that you have not listened to the lies of the Crone of the South and Our Misguided cousins. We accept your suggestions. With regard our path south, one group will be flying down the western edge of our shared region. The others are already there and will not be able to provide you with any information as to the locations of population centers.

RE: 301 - Forum Diplomacy Only Steel SVC - Lord Thanatos - 12-06-2015

BL
The Desert King strode purposefully into the war room.  Already present in the room were his supreme military leaders, chief diplomats, senior administrators, and various agents without any formal rank.  Even though he did not expect to find his Master of Spies at this gathering the mere presence of any agent caused him to think of the ruthless and beautiful Arcura.  As he entered the splendidly appointed chambers Ahzek ordered everyone to take their seats.  The dominate feature of the war room was the solid granite oval table well over 100 feet in length.  The single slab of granite had been flown as a single piece of stone from the Talking Mountains in the days before the Withdrawal of Dragons.  The best dwarven craftsmen had constructed the magnificent table in fabled Hammerhold as a gift when Raisthanatosfistandantilus was selected to become Warlord of the Dragons. In that day he was selected to lead all the races of dragons including the indomitable reds.

"Loman Firebreath has apparently forgotten the oath he swore in this very chamber the day I united all the dragon races and was selected Warlord for our race.  Of course, at this point that is only one of his many transgressions.  Our Master of Spies and Supreme Commander have each independently confirmed his responsibility for the genecide of the dark elves."  At this point the Desert King directed various of his advisors to submit their reports to those assembled.  After the final report was provided the room fell into a contemplative silence as the advisors mused upon all they had learned this day.  There are no beings in Alamaze with the patience of a dragon in thought.  The Desert King chuckled to himself as the thought crossed his mind that there are no beings in Alamaze with the impatience of a dragon in action.

After further discussions had been had, questions answered, and factual details clarified the Desert King gave various orders to his assembled advisors and dismissed the conclave with a reminder that he has not yet decreed that dragons can assume their Great Form.  Everyone moved with decisiveness to accomplish their tasks.

"Ahzek, might I impose upon you to have the following correspondence delivered?"

BL - WI
Dread Lord of the Eternal Eye Tenebris Dominus

Greetings my friend.

I heartily accept your counterproposal and shall enter orders on every winter month [initially turns 5, 6, and 7] to trade to you 13,500 gold from my personal horde for a single carcass of some meat.  In return you shall trade to me every summer month [initially turns 1, 11, 12, and 13] 40,000 carcasses of meat for a single piece of gold. I continue to rejoice in your return to the lands of Alamaze and wish you both strength and glory.  I am entering an order this first month to trade 1 gold piece to you for 40,000 food.  Be well, mighty lord!

BL - UN
Hearty greetings to Yoda, Master of the Mysterious

I acknowledge your wisdom in decreeing that no kingdom can ever be made immune from underworld activities which have been lawfully purchased.  Still I desire to declare you an ally on turn one or two and establish a standing order to transfer 3,000 gold to you every turn as a downpayment for the future purchase of agent actions.  If I correctly understand your publicly disclosed business plan every 1,000 gold [at the discounted rate] will purchase a single level of agent activity. Therefore I shall pay in advance so that once your agents are sufficiently skilled I will have on account with you a sum of gold sufficient to purchase your most skilled agent teams.

I look forward to extensive utilization of your skilled services.  Please convey whether the above arrangement is suitable.

BL-GI
Mighty Lord Dozreg Bloodgulper, respectful greetings.

A short time ago I proposed a military expedition into the Talking Mountains should King Under the Mountain Darin III march to war alongside the Scarlet Wyrm.  I wish to clarify that I am interested in such an expedition only if the dwarven nation appears to be in thrall to the Scarlet Wyrm.  Should the dwarven nation seek war in Runnimede or elsewhere independently of the Scarlet Wyrm then my desire to remove Firebreath from Hammerhold shall not include a desire to remove Darin III from the Talking Mountains.

However the King Under the Mountain shall ultimately order his affairs I see no reason that your mighty nation and my own cannot reach mutual assurances of peace.  I seek to reach an 18 month peace agreement with your nation.  Are you interested in such a mutually beneficial arrangement? I await your reply Lord Bloodgulper.

Once the war room emptied of everyone except the Desert King and his personal bodyguard, the Desert King turned to the towering hill giant bearing a massive halbard. Scythia was a marvelous example of her sturdy race, conveying deadly competence in her every movement. The Desert King recalled a few decades ago when he had travelled by her side as an adventuring companion in the guise of a hill giant known simply as Raist. They had formed a bond that can only grow when two stalwart warriors put their faith, trust, and very life in each other's care. When his duties as the Desert King necessitated his return to the throne he asked Scythia to put aside her life of adventure and accompany him back to the Southern Sands.  She readily agreed since Raist had previously shared the truth of his nature with her more than a decade prior; and she readily agreed because Raist had faithfully saved her life on many occasions and had helped her avenge the death of her soulmate in a particularly thorough and ruthless manner. Raisthanatosfistandantilus had nobly and faithfully served her and her soulmate for decades and she had sworn to be his personal bodyguard for the remainder of her life.  Her sole remaining duty before she returned to her soulmate in the bones of the world was to see to it that Raist was alive and safe on the day of her death.  Scythia's will is as formidable as her strength.  Yet it was her strength of character that so endeared her to the Desert King.

"Scythia, I wish to add to your impressive collection of skill and training.  I desire that you train to become a Dragon Knight!  We shall soon again assume our Great Forms and wing away into battle.  I desire that you accompany my flights of dragons and so you shall become the first formally trained Dragon Knight in many thousands of years.  Once your training is complete, we shall together go to awaken the brilliant Phoenix and seek her aid in preventing the Scarlet Wyrm from annihilating the world."

Scythia adjusted the towering shield strapped to her back and made certain her great sword was secure in its sheath as she saluted with her halbard.  "It shall be as you command MiLord.  And thank you for such an honor, my friend." She warmly embraced the Desert King and marched from the chamber to begin her training.

RE: 301 - Forum Diplomacy Only Steel SVC - Archangel - 12-06-2015

GI-BL

Greetings Great Wyrms of Old!!

Our nation is respectful of your fleet peoples, and do wish to humbly enter into a Non-Aggression Pact for the duration of 18 months. We are also open to the possibility of an alliance after the 18 months have expired. We marvel of the might and fleetness of your nation!!

Dozreg Bloodgulper

RE: 301 - Forum Diplomacy Only Steel SVC - Archangel - 12-06-2015

GI-RD

Hail Great Loman Firebreath!!

I recognize your mighty nation and wish nothing but peace and prosperity to you!! As I expressed to the Black Wyrms I express to the Red Wyrms as well. Once the 18 months of our Non-Aggression Pact has ended, we shall be open to the option of alliance!! We are impressed by the power of your nation!!

Dozreg Bloodgulper

RE: 301 - Forum Diplomacy Only Steel SVC - Jumpingfist - 12-06-2015

(12-06-2015, 07:48 PM)Archangel Wrote: GI-RE

Hail Great Loman Firebreath!!

I recognize your mighty nation and wish nothing but peace and prosperity to you!! As I expressed to the Black Wyrms I express to the Red Wyrms as well. Once the 18 months of our Non-Aggression Pact has ended, we shall be open to the option of alliance!! We are impressed by the power of your nation!!

Dozreg Bloodgulper

OOC:  Red Dragon does not follow the normal rule.  They use RD for initials since RE belongs to recruit.