Alamaze & Fall of Rome Forum

Full Version: Magic with Feudal Chivalry
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
This is a signup thread for a Magic (team) game of four teams of three players, so a 12 player game with team only victory.

The kicker is there won't be all-star teams, instead no team can have more than two of the three players who have finished in the Top 3 (podium) in a 12 or 15 player game.  Further, each player who hasn't had a podium appearance gets $25k to starting treasury, so a team with 3 non-podium players would each get $25k gold.  And the kingdom selection will be from fewest podium appearances as first choice, and the highest podium player will select last, in a draft format for teams.  For ties, such as the non-podium players, the tie breaker in selection is Valhalla points at the time of drafting.  So a team of three non-podium players could conceivably get the first three kingdoms picked, and the most experienced team might have an early choice but also 11th and 12th picks. Fun and good for you!

Post your teams here or say you are for hire and whether you have a podium position, or even brag about how few Valhalla points you have so far. 
Magic semi anon is my favorite format. I am in and will try to get a team together unless one finds me first.

no 25k for me. do not pass go! go straight to the last pick. Of course I do have more REX wins and more team wins as a mage than anyone one else.

Curious if after we draft could we trade kingdoms within the team? I am just thinking maybe a non podium guy would really like to play a mage on a team but that would not be a great strategic pick early on?
(05-05-2015, 08:09 PM)Jumpingfist Wrote: [ -> ]Magic semi anon is my favorite format.  I am in and will try to get a team together unless one finds me first.

no 25k for me.  do not pass go!  go straight to the last pick.   Of course I do have more REX wins and more team wins as a mage than anyone one else.  

Curious if after we draft could we trade kingdoms within the team?  I am just thinking maybe a non podium guy would really like to play a mage on a team but that would not be a great strategic pick early on?

Hmm, crafty.  I suppose there will be communication within teams on kingdom selection, so I think that is fine unless someone argues otherwise, then I will listen again.  Meanwhile, I want the non-podium players to have a shot at their preferred kingdoms, not be asked to relinquish if they don't want to.  I think the point of this format was that the power players didn't have the power positions, such as they might be. 
So we are bragging about a lack of status points? This is where I'm a viking!

I am Thudargh, second to last place in Valhalla with a grand total of 3,323 status points. Fear me!!!

No, wait...hire me! I'm available for hire.
(05-05-2015, 09:14 PM)Thudargh Wrote: [ -> ]So we are bragging about a lack of status points?  This is where I'm a viking!

I am Thudargh, second to last place in Valhalla with a grand total of 3,323 status points.  Fear me!!!

No, wait...hire me!  I'm available for hire.

That's the spirit, Thudargh!  Looks like you could have first kingdom choice for you and your team.
My favorite format as well. I will see what kind of team I can wrangle together. 
Ok got a team together

Thudargh, Bananas, Jumpingfist
I am in,  I am part of a tea that will be posted soon. Non podium. My team captain will post our team.
Kronin, Stromguard, and Airborne Ranger are a team. No podium finishes for any of us.
Just curious...how will we be doing picks. Once full will you list draft order here, and then we each post our picks on here in that order?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12