Alamaze & Fall of Rome Forum

Full Version: new Anon Warlords?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Given two warlord games have just ended any chance we can start up a new game?  
There was some talk about an 'open' draft. Sounded intriguing...

Btw congrats on your win Jhereg!
I would like to throw my hat in the ring and join this warlords game.
I think I'd be willing to join as the fourth here, although Drogo expressed to me what I thought was a good idea and enhancement... maybe we can use the open draft concept I floated in the thread below, but enlist a volunteer to run it, so that although the set teams and available Kingdoms are known, the players who are running each set of three Kingdoms wouldn't be known.

http://kingdomsofarcania.net/forum/showt...p?tid=9774

The volunteer running the draft would then provide the final Kingdom list and player allocations to Signup, so that we minimize the amount of fuss and hassle for admin (and thus hopefully avoid the $10 anonymous upcharge).

Thoughts?
I am okay with this.
Sounds great!
Good for me.

Are we using this method?

Team A: Picks 1st, 8th, 11th
Team B: Picks 2nd, 7th, 10th
Team C: Picks 3rd, 5th, 12th
Team D: Picks 4th, 6th, 9th

I wonder if people think this is balanced. It looks pretty good on the whole to me but I admit I'd prefer to be team C or D. I wonder if that's a personal preference or if others feel the same way. I assume the team choice (A,B,C,D) would be a random draw?
Yes, we can ask the volunteer to randomly assign the order.

I showed the methodology in the other thread, and I think it's balanced based on the points, but I'm certainly open to discussion about it! It's all kind of an experimental work-in-progress. Smile
Okay, we have our four players, and we have the means to pick our kingdoms. Since this is a Thursday, and we all know that Rick likes to set up games on Thursdays, is it possible for someone to conduct the draft?
I would be happy to help keep you guys anonymous and work the open draft with you guys

Send me a Draft preference in order ie 3rd 4th 2nd 1st. I will assign you a random player number. We can get started

Maelman57@gmail.com
Pages: 1 2 3