Alamaze - New

Full Version: Detecting Invisible Groups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I looked through the rules but I did not see. My question is:

1) Do high level recons see invisible / Ambush status groups? If so is a Lvl 12 more likely or are any x+ level capable?
2) What level do Wizards and Leaders detect? If they do in fact detect? Do we have any idea what the chances are?
3) Will regional population detect invisible groups if they are large enough?

It seems a lot of my games have very nasty invisible kill squads roaming and wrecking havoc.....
(03-08-2015, 08:32 PM)Lord Alz Wrote: [ -> ]I looked through the rules but I did not see.  My question is:

1)  Do high level recons see invisible / Ambush status groups?  If so is a Lvl 12 more likely or are any x+ level capable?
2)  What level do Wizards and Leaders detect?  If they do in fact detect?  Do we have any idea what the chances are?
3)  Will regional population detect invisible groups if they are large enough?

It seems a lot of my games have very nasty invisible kill squads roaming and wrecking havoc.....

Here is what I know without searching on this topic.   Others can fill in the rest.

1) Level 7+ will recon any ambush group in detail.  I'm not sure about the invisible groups.
2) Level 5 wizards and warlords will detect the presence of an unknown invisible group but not a patrol
3) I don't think so.  
Can anything detect an invisible patrol? Also, does anyone know if a counterespionage order 920 can be used to counter a 970 recon? I lost a level 1 in a 970 and wonder if someone counteragented him.......
Nothing can detect an invisible patrol. If you have reason to suspect that there might be one targetting you, you can use wizards and High Priestesses to track enemy groups.

I believe that 920 can be used to protect against 970. I lost three agents in one turn and one of them didn't send a report home. I assumed it was due to counter espionage. Three were too many for it to be bad luck. Even so, there is a small chance of failure or success for every agent order.
(03-09-2015, 12:50 AM)Lord Diamond Wrote: [ -> ]Nothing can detect an invisible patrol. If you have reason to suspect that there might be one targetting you, you can use wizards and High Priestesses to track enemy groups.

I believe that 920 can be used to protect against 970. I lost three agents in one turn and one of them didn't send a report home. I assumed it was due to counter espionage. Three were too many for it to be bad luck. Even so, there is a small chance of failure or success for every agent order.

Hmmmm.  Very interesting!  Thanks!
I thought a level 7 agent sees through invisibility
No, a level 7 agent can see through 'masked' groups, though.
A level 4 agent may recon a masked group.
A level 7 agent may recon an ambushing group.
A level 7 agent may recon an invisible group with order #691, 970, 971.
A level 11 agent may recon an invisible group with order #977.
A level 5 wizard or warlord will provide a warning if an invisible or ambushing group (of any size including patrols) is in the same area but not a recon.
A masked group is immune to assassination attempts against agents below 4th level.
An ambushing group is immune to assassination attempts against agents below 7th level.
An invisible group is immune to any assassination attempts against the group's leaders/wizards.
Cipher had changed it so that patrols couldn't be detected. I take it that this was reversed.

Acererak

A level 7 agent can recon an invisible group with order 720? Getting full recon results?

I'm sorry but I'm calling bs on that. That's just ludicrous.
Pages: 1 2 3